“Nice taste of history”
Review of Lakeside Inn

Lakeside Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mount Dora
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We enjoyed a wonderful 2 nights in this historic inn. New owners have been restoring the inn to its previous special status. It is easy walking distance to the many restaurants and shops. We especially enjoyed the pool and the late afternoon beverages at the pool bar. The rooms are comfortable, but there are many stairs to climb. I am not sure how ADA compliant they are. We had a package that included breakfast - in the dining room or on the veranda. We will return due to the appeal of the area. Apparently, the town & area have 35-38 special events during the year. Try it; we'll be back.

Room Tip: Each room is different; some with bay windows. request an end room with views of the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Booked a weekend here for my parent's anniversary. My mother verbally spoke to them over the phone and was quoted a price for the Escape package. She was advised at that time that the website will charge me taxes, but not to worry. They will not charge my credit card for the taxes since the package included all taxes and fees.
Well, sure enough they charged my credit card an additional $44 in taxes. When I called to get a refund for the taxes they just gave me the run-around.
Just a side note, they had intially confused me another person who is suing them. When they realized that I was not that person, they quickly shut up about it.
In the end, after being dumped to someone's voicemail and having to call back, they refused to refund the money.
Extremely terrible service!!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jodi F
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

If your looking for very nice hotel with a view and lots history, look no further. The Lakeside Inn is the oldest continuously operated hotel in the State of Florida.
The 87 guest rooms include the Coolidge Room. President Calvin Coolidge and his wife spent a month here at the Inn. Hence the famous Coolidge Room.
Seaplane access and seaplane flights are available.
Large pier and boat dockage.
A great choice for weddings, retreats and conferences. Enjoy your stay!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

A little hesitant to book here, but glad I did. Beautiful site, not as open as pictures show on website, but still beautiful. Nice pool that overlooks the lake. The service was impeccable, with a dose of Southern manners. Very relaxed and informal. Interesting history. The rooms were well kept and clean - but a little dated. Our toilet did not flush well and the bathroom was a little small - definitely not a brand name hotel. BUT the quaintness, comfort, and feel of a toe in the history of Mt. Dora made it worth the small inconveniences.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I am not usually a fan of historic hotels, so I was pleasantly surprised when we checked into Lakeside Inn in Mt Dora and found our room to be roomy, spotless and updated with new carpet and bedding. The closet was big too so plenty of room for suitcases and clothes. The AC worked great and was not noisy at all. The best part is the grounds and amenities. Plenty of parking, an Olympic size swimming pool, nice chairs and pool towels, a pool bar, a dock with chairs to watch the lovely sunset, a large grounds area with more chairs in the shade, a quaint little store for purchasing local art and keepsakes and best of all, a very friendly and helpful staff. Wish we had stayed longer! We didn't eat in the restaurant but it was quite busy so I assume the food was good. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are probably fine. We were in the building next to the store and it was fine. Ver...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
0.4 km away
Maison en Ville
Maison en Ville
#7 of 11 in Mount Dora

Been to Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!