“Great Pizza and Calzone!”

Mount Dora Pizza and Subs
Ranked #24 of 125 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 9 May 2015

I usually only order pizza and garlic knots as take out for my family, which is always delicious, but tonight went with my husband for date night. We shared a family size calzone so we could have left overs. We have left overs for 2 days!! It was huge, well worth the price and amazingly delicious. It was fresh, except for the mushrooms, those were canned but still tasty, and they did not skimp on the cheese. The outside of the calzone was dusted with garlic powder, it added extra flavor, nice touch. The calzone was stuffed with meats and ricotta cheese, very filling. The sauce was mild flavored but yummy. Cute place to eat, they have a juke box for entertainment. It's family owned and operated and the service was friendly. I will be back to try more of their cooking!

Reviewed 8 May 2015

I still endorse my original review of this little Italian Pizza Spot, located in an unlikely, old Strip Center on Old Hwy. 441. Consistently Great Food, dejavu priced from 1959. Service is absolutely Fabulous, and, after pretty much covering the Menu in 14 yrs., I've never chosen an entree that was disappointing.
If you go to ANY restaurant in Mount Dora with a 'coupon', you better- call ahead as the Discount Coupon Companies come and go, like the Summer Winds in Central Fla. My daughter gave me a hundred dollars in 'coupons' for Christmas, from the same exact company and sure enough, when I finally got around to using it (in Leesburg)- the Steak Joint had closed!
The Coupon Co. NEVER emailed me to tell me 'hurry up- your coupon's expiring' (you gotta be kidding?), and from what I read on the Internet later, that Rest. didn't/ wouldn't honor the printed paper anyhow! ~ It's all about the Coupon Co. making money!!! ~ Don't take it out on the poor merchant (not unlike the 'Daily Specials'- deals come and go).
I own a business in Mount Dora, going on 15 years, and one really 'wears out' on people trying to get something discounted, or expired, for free. Rack this experience up to 'your loss'. Mt.Dora Pizza is a Great Little Restaurant. They will never win a Spartan Decorating Award, but, the Food, Prices and Service are it's Saving Grace. Take it from a Spicey Meathead...it's Great Italian Food.

Reviewed 12 February 2015 via mobile

The fist time I came here I ordered a calzone it was superb the garlic bread amazing I come here once a week I can't stop is addicting I don't care if it's over priced it's worth

Reviewed 3 February 2015

Everything I've ever tried there has been amazing. Their calzones are to die for as well as their eggplant Parm sub. Those are my top choices.

Reviewed 20 January 2015

We went to visit my in-laws who decided we were going out for pizza, they are local so they picked the place. The shopping center is set back off the road and while several of the stores in the center are coming back it doesn't look like much.

The place looks like a stereotypical corner pizza and sub place I'm used to in Philly with laminated wood grain and bright red booths, take out counter and an open kitchen. This place had more staff stuffed into the kitchen than a lot of places I've been. The servers were quick and friendly.

Surprisingly, everyone picked something other than pizza (I'm a pizza junky but didn't want a whole pie). Dad went for his favorite, spaghetti with mushrooms in red sauce, mom for spaghetti and meat sauce and my partner a meatball stromboli. Everyone cleaned their plates, including the garlic bread and mom rarely finishes a meal out.

I opted for the gnocchi with tomato sauce, a nice sized portion of homemade gnocchi with a great red sauce, not too sweet. I also ordered a plain slice of cheese pizza....it was OK, good but not great...it looked like they added more cheese to pie they had ready and left it in a little too long. Truthfully the other pies coming out looked much better and smelled great...

I'll have to go back to check out the pizza and get a whole pie.

The place is not gourmet and doesn't pretend to be; it's good basic home style Italian food, pizza and sandwiches. Its a good value for the price and you won;t leave hungry.