Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2017

If you want to explore the Lahemaa National Park, this is an excellent base from which to do so. As other reviewers have said, this is not a luxury hotel, but we found our room clean, bright, and comfortable. The staff were also very friendly. There is a restaurant in the hotel (no bad thing, since it is rather out of the way), and we had a satisfactory meal there.

The hotel's setting is especially lovely. It's a converted distillery on an old park, with a manor house, and when the place was closed to the public, we were able to walk around the grounds and gardens after dinner in the late evening sunshine.

Note that credit cards are not accepted here, and you have to pay both at the restaurant and hotel in cash; but the hotel warned us of this, so that we could make sure that we had enough money when we arrived.

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 10 September 2016

The hotel is an old destillery in a beautiful park with a manor, orangerie and fruitgarden. You can enjoy this all by walking around or just look out of your window. As we were here with our bikes we enjoyed cycling is this beautiful National Park.

Room tip: Take a room with a window at the frontside for a view over the park.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Nelleke D
Reviewed 14 September 2015

Beautiful location in the middle of Estonia's first national park. Very clean & airy. My room was spacious & comfortable. Lots of wood features (floors, staircases) furniture. Lovely underfloor heating in bathroom. Very quiet & peaceful setting with great forest trails leading to the sea. Great for cycling too.
Excellent food, beautifully cooked & presented - generous portions. Sprats at breakfast were unexpectedly delicious!

Room tip: Ask for a room with views of the parkland
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2015

This is a nice hotel in the Lahemaa national park. The rooms are rather basic but they are perfectly adequate for 1-2 nights. The rooms themselves would be 3* but put together with the beautiful surroundings and the fact that it is spotlessly clean, friendly, and has a great restaurant, overall it deserved its 4*.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Perhaps, I was a bit naive and expected more as I thought it was a hotel, so I'll be thorough here. First, I'll write the negatives and then positives.

Negatives
- The sauna is expensive. 23e per person. We didnt bother with it. It would have been a good activity if it was 7e or so.
- Breakfast was limited. For 5.50e per person (included in your stay), I didnt expect much. Breakfast needs improving by giving us more choices. We should be able to order what we want to eat as some of us are intolerant to flour or sugar.
I ate lots of bacon, bread, had two helpings of sweet muesli with milk and a fruit plus one coffee and I was full up. Normally, I do not have flour or sugar but I had no choice as I was hungry and choices were limited. Its OK for one breakfast but not every day.

Positives
- Gorgeous surroundings
- Fantastic walks.
- Amazing photography opportunities! Especially black and white to develop in darkroom
- Good beds.
- Hot pressurised showers.
- Quiet and lots of fresh air.
- Good for a getaway.
- Fantastic taverna next door for fabulous dinners. I loved that place.

Recommend you get a car hire because we didn't get one. We depended on buses which come once a day in weekend and this limited our choices In what we can do this village.

Get a car hire, and drive around. You'll have a fantastic stay :)

Date of stay: August 2014