Lowest prices for your stay
US$133
SAVE US$34
Hotels.comUS$133
eDreamsUS$133
Trip.comUS$141
All reviews ihop restaurant front desk staff rental car pre cruise hotel miami area air conditioner an overnight stay shuttle airport flight keys midnight muffins
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 December 2020

This is not what I expect from a Holiday inn express this is like a quality inn or budget inn motel. The hotel is old the only thing remotely looking like a Holiday is the bathroom bed and TV. The halls stink and carpet is dirty, the room does not smell fresh and needs updated the furniture has an old recliner that is dirty, old furniture . The AC unit is so loud it's impossible to sleep without ear plugs. It's so loud you can't even hear the planes take off from the airport. Service was good at front desk, lobby is old and colors of hotel needs upgrading. Anyway value was cheap but for 10 dollars more you can stay at the other holiday inn express closer to the airport. Convenient Pancake house restaurant next to hotel. They have hotel shuttle to airport.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank DIDIERGOLF
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2020

Hi there, DIDIERGOLF!

Thanks for staying and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It's quite frustrating to learn that we did not live up to your expectations because of the condition of our property and the room assigned to you. I know that this is not the accommodation that you were expecting and I'm really sorry. Your feedback is very important and I will share the details with the hotel staff so we can make necessary changes to improve our facility. On a lighter note, it's good to know that you had pleasant encounters with our hotel staff. I've shared your compliments with the team and have been acknowledged by the hotel management.

Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Best,

Peter J.

Reviewed 20 November 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights because it was near where we needed to be and had a really good price compared to other properties, didn’t have a resort fee and did not charge for parking. Apparently parking fees are becoming a big thing in the Miami area. Even though the hotel is near the airport, flight noise is not a huge problem. The front desk staff are nice but vary in helpfulness. Cannot comment on the room staff since daily room servicing has been suspended during the coronavirus outbreak although the room did appear to be clean when we checked in. Separate from what is under the control of the staff is the facility standards. Have you seen the commercials for renovating a bathroom by putting a bathtub shell over the original? This was apparently done at this particular property. Unfortunately someone failed to install or use a correct sized cover. When you step into the shower, it’s like stepping on a piece of sheet metal that bends. To make it a little worse, water has accumulated between the original tub and the tub cover so it swishes under your feet. You can get a good rhythm going if you keep a radio in the room. Also apparently the sink countertop didn’t fit very well so someone stuffed a ton of chalk into the joints and it’s very evident. Not at all something I’d do at home. There was good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The in-wall air conditioner needs work for sure. It leaks condensate and causes the carpet to become saturated giving the room a uncomfortably high humidity with a slight mildew smell. It seemed either the thermostat on it didn’t work or was seriously out of calibration. Anywhere else in the world if I set the thermostat at 72 F, I’d be hot. But here I froze at 74. HI Express is known for their breakfasts. And I understand that the pandemic puts tremendous pressure on a business to keep their business operating. But to go from a well thought out breakfast to a paper bag with a prepackaged piece of pound cake, a small granola bar and a 5 or 6 ounce bottle of water seems like a big drop. Especially when their competitors are having much more success at meeting their advertising descriptions. Overall the hotel does fit a niche but definitely needs a major makeover if it wants to keep the HI Express standard. If someone needs a reasonably priced hotel near the airport before a flight, I’d certainly recommend this place. But for more than that, I’d certainly be hesitant.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank roborant
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2020

Hi roborant,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay.

We make sure that we deliver fresh, practical, and efficient accommodations for a smart traveler like you. What you described is not a reflection of this, and we're sorry for the letdowns. I have shared your comments with the local management for their reference. I'm positive that your comments will be used for future improvements.

We value your comments and will greatly help us continue to improve on this aspect and to host you better in the future.

Regards,

Virgil N.

Reviewed 18 October 2020

I stayed at this Hotel for one night in July 2020 on my way back home because I could not get a straight flight the Hotel is okay the rooms is nice and spacious not much eating options in the area I-Hop is across the street but that is about it

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 13 October 2020

If you want to smoke or you love a smoked smelled room, this hotel is for you! My husband and I check in went up to our room and the first thing we noticed was the smoke smell. It wasn’t near the hallway or the window, it was everywhere! He went back down to get a different room which they did offer. We proceed to that room and the same thing again! We were so frustrated and couldn’t handle the smell! We also were still worked up that the shuttle to the airport doesn’t run on Monday and Tuesdays...our flight left on Tuesday. We were so upset about that because we picked this hotel based on the shuttle and location. Long story short, we went to tell the front desk again about these frustrations and we wanted our money back. He said he couldn’t do that since we booked through an app....so don’t book through an app! We were livid and left! We spent $50 more on another hotel down the road that has a shuttle running, nice rooms, and of course non smoking. Sometimes a little more money goes a long way!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2020

Hi 718libbyh,

Thank you for your visit. Our hotel provides a great night stay in a simple and quiet environment.

I saw your comments and I’m sorry for the issues with the smoke smell, and the shuttle not working. I understand your disappointment and assure you that these are isolated incidents. Your feedback was forwarded to our managing team and immediate action was taken to prevent these issues from happening again. I sent you a private message so we can discuss your stay further.

I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Best wishes,

Oscar C.

Reviewed 20 March 2020 via mobile

Was here before our cruise and it was a ok hotel. Service was good and surroundings were decent since you could walk around the neighborhood. Rooms were big but a bit old. And we missed water from 04.00-11.00 in the morning. They were nice about that.
Breakfast was ok with a basic selection.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Tor1978
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2020

Hello Tor1978,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I want a complete lodging experience for you at all times, and I am sorry to learn that water supply was not available at certain hours during your visit. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, and I trust that the steps taken will further improve your next stays with us.

Stay with us again!