All reviewssteam showerocean drivecontinental breakfastsouth beachtwo blocksjoe's stone crabthe breakfast areasmall hotellocation is greatboutique hotelking roomper dayshort staybeach towelslincoln roadcerealnoise
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I booked the Hotel St. AUGUSTINE for my 40th Birthday trip for 2 nights. First off, this was more like a motel/studio apartment extended stay type of residence. I booked a studio suite thinking I would be staying on the main hotel property. Unfortunately, the studios are located in a separate building across the courtyard. They look like mini motel units.

After receiving the keys to the first room they gave me, I noticed that the door was unlocked. Once I walked in, I noticed that the room was already occupied by someone else. This was first of many nightmares at this hotel. The second room they gave, had a torn couch and the last a final room had bugs in the bathroom on the walls. Management assisted the cleaning staff in disinfecting my entire room.

The only positive thing I can say about this hotel/motel is the distance to the beach and the chairs and towel service.

Good luck with this one...

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We were welcomed by a member of staff who was able to check us in, help us with our suitcases and offered information about places to eat and visit.
Room was nice and cool with plenty of space. The room was made up each day. The room could have done with some upgrading but I wasn’t offended or put off by anything, specifically.
Luckily, my friend and I aren’t too shy; the shower was in the corner of the room and had a full glass door. This didn’t bother us, but others may not like it.
The location was great. Everything was within walking distance. The room was great for what we needed, a base to wash and sleep.
We didn’t eat breakfast as we wanted to eat out- it’s part of the fun when on holiday!
No issues with this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
ANDRES B, General Manager at Hotel St. Augustine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Hello nicola0151,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you like our Hotel. Definitely, we are going to do some upgrades to our Hotel soon.

Do not hesitate to contact us any time you need to comeback. I would love to see you again!!!

Regards

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Quaint..small..and far too expensive for what is delivered.The first put off was the rude lady at the reception.
The rooms are adequate.. however we had a plumbing issue and had to use the lobby restrooms through the nite.next morning the problem was set right only after 9am.
The breakfast in the lobby is ok.
Only plus point for this hotel is it's good location..very close to the Miami beach.
Would not recommend this .
Stay if you must.avoid if you can.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Booked in for 2 nights, 2 rooms both rooms fab apart from a hole in the wall in daughters room. Fully equipped so could eat in the room unexpected bonus. Breakfast was a bit chaotic as we expected there to be a proper eating area, so we knocked off a point for that. But the second day we took breakfast back to room.
Another tip leave air con on as when you turn it off and then back on it first emits a musty smell.
But overall a decent room and I would stay here again

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank HelenH-E
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel almost a year ago when reviews were excellent but it seems standard have slipped considerably. On arrival staff weren't overly welcoming. Couldn't get into our room until 3pm but that was stated when we booked so expected. Room was a good size but very hot and air conditioning was extremely loud. The ceiling was leaking (conveniently straight into the sink but there were other damp patches also). We had a steam shower but didn't use the steam facility. Shower was really powerful and toiletries provided were nice. The reason for the low score aside from already mentioned is the noise level. We could hear conversations from the hall and other rooms but the main problem was the party thrown by other guests outside with screaming, shouting and loud music. Noise didn't stop until after 5am and we had a 6.45am start so got no rest whatsoever. Location is good but we really regret staying here as we're starting the next leg of our trip with no sleep. The carpets are also stained badly in the common areas which gives the place a dirty feel. No elevator so had to carry our very heavy (3 week trip) suitcases upstairs. This hotel really doesn't deserve the high rating or currently has.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple