All reviewsin south beachwould stay here againrestaurants and barsmini fridgeactionhookah
Reviewed 9 April 2018

South Beach is a very different, kind of special, place. The Art Deco hotels that line Ocean Drive are special, too, but it requires a certain understanding of all of this when deciding to stay at a location like this. The people down on South Beach "March to a different drummer" than many of the rest of us. With that understood:
PROS: Right on Ocean Drive, directly across from the "Fabulous Miami Beach'. A convenient crosswalk to get you across said street is a few steps away. Convenient to pretty much all that South Beach has to offer. Many options for dining, shopping, history, etc. A relatively short Uber ride to the Cruise port (our reason for staying) Economical, at least as far as South Beach hotels go. Plain, yet comfortable rooms. Tile floors are a necessity when you are so close to the beach, and they have them. Front desk staff, at least during our stay, were polite and at least reasonably helpful.
CONS: Old, Art Deco Hotel is both stylistically pleasing and, well, kind of old and worn. Elevator was broken while we were there, walls are thin, so if the neighbors are amorous next door (they were one evening), you will hear it all. No lobby to speak of. Waiters at outdoor restaurant were aggressive (but they were at the other dining establishments up and down Ocean Drive, too). If you want quiet, you should probably look elsewhere.
Actual review: We stayed there from Saturday afternoon until we left on our cruise Sunday morning. Got there at 1pm, room wasn't ready yet (check-in is at 3pm). But, they let us drop of our bags, and we walked over to the beach. Very nice, Miami Beach is justly famous for lovely sand, waves, and some of the best people-watching anywhere. We walked around a bit, splashed in the water for a while, and when we checked back an hour later, one of our two rooms was ready. Brought bags up, got changed, and headed back to the beach. The rooms met our standards, with clean linens, Ok towels, flatscreen TV that worked and got a number of channels. Room was reasonably clean, and window air conditioner worked without being excessively noisy. Hallways were dreary, but then, one doesn't spend much time in the hallway, do they? Other room was ready by 3pm, and everyone was moved in and comfortable. It was a lovely afternoon at the beach, and eventually the rest of our party, who were on a different flight arrived. Ate at the restaurant out front, and were actually quite pleased with the quality and quantity of food. I'm sure you can find better, but it really was quite good, and convenient for our party. I already mentioned the passionate activities that one room heard during the night, but the stay was otherwise uneventful.
Was it the finest hotel I've ever been at? No, definitely not. Would we stay there again? Well, if convenience to beach and activities are important (and if you're staying on South Beach, they should be), and you don't have $$$ to spend, this is a very acceptable option, We always felt safe, felt we were in the midst of action, and felt the hotel met our needs very well. If we are back that way, we would certainly not have a problem staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Larry H
Reviewed 27 March 2018

South beach,ocean drive,everything is close,party close 24/7... beach in front of you,if you are young like to party is great for you,if you are familiy with kids search other place.
Good cheap breakfast,but expencive beer as everywhere in this erea

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Starlite hotel for 2 nights before continuing my travels to my next destination. The lady at the front desk was very welcoming and once I had checked in she explained to me about the tour options I could book and I booked a tour for the following day - a tour of the city including a free boat tour.

The room was large and clean although there was no view to look at from the window, just an air vent to the next building. From my room I could also hear noise from the street. The hotel is very central on Miami beach and it was a 15mins walk to South Pointe pier where I was able to enjoy the sunset.

There are also plenty of food choices within walking distance of the hotel although the hotel had it's own restaurant and bar.

On the second day the road was closed due to Martin Luther King day and stalls were set up along the street outside the hotel which were great although I could hear noises from outside late at night in my room.

Also at about 4 am I was woken up by 2 drunk girls banging on the door opposite mine to wake up their friend who was apparently sleeping inside. After about 10mins the receptionist came to see what all the noise was about and let the girl's into the room with a spare key.

Check out was quick and easy and the same receptionist that checked me in on the first day checked me out. She was very helpful and booked a taxi for me to the airport. As the road was still closed she gave me directions of where to meet the taxi and also gave the taxi driver a description of me so he knew who he was looking for.

It was a nice hotel for a short stay and close to all amenities.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Was here for 3 days and we loved the place. Very good and helping staff, the location of the hotel is amazing as well. Close to the beach and all the main bars. The staff are very helping and guides you to get better prices for taxi and so on.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Simkn
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Upon are our arrival the receptionist named Patty, who was eating and spiting food out her mouth while she talks, was so rude. Ms. Patty seen five of us and stated oh you must have two rooms. I said no we booked ocean front for five! I spoke to Jenny who said it would have two double beds and, a couch. She replied, there is nothing I can do because we have no more rooms.

I asked for supervisor or manager, and she said there was none, she will see what she can do in the morning.We asked for extra sheets, she said we don’t have any.

As we walked into the room it reeked of marijuana and urine. The room was dirty and the sheets were filthy. Having no choice but to sleep there, we stayed the night. Next morning, Patty called and said she was working on getting a room.

On our way to get coffee, we realize Patty was at the front desk playing games with a child. As we waited for check in at the great Four Points Sheraton, Patty called upstairs, a new room would open at 11:30 AM.

We decided to just take a peak maybe, just maybe it was just our room that was bad!!! But, unfortunately it was just as nasty. Once Patty was told we were leaving she, became even more rude and disrespectful.

When I reached home I called to make a compliant, I spoke to a Marcella who was combative and defensive. When asked to speak to manager she said he was on vacation. After calling back several times she said try him in an hour he stepped out.

I left him several messages still no call back. I called back again today 2/12/18, only to get Marcella and her combative behaviors. To top off the horrible service, dirty room and marijuana perfume, they charged my card an additional 34 dollars. This in ridiculous!

Good luck to the bold individuals who stays at this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Never book here!!!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family