All reviewsin south beachwould stay here againrestaurants and barsmini fridgeactionhookah
Reviewed 21 December 2017

I stayed there over Thanksgiving. I'm not sure what people are complaining about and expect. It's a South Beach boutique hotel and not the Beverly Wilshire. The location is unmatched. It's in the heart of South Beach right across from the water. It is right next to Wet Willie's and close to all the bars, restaurants and shops on South Beach. Yes there isn't a true lobby...but people are making it sound like you walk through a restaurant's kitchen to check in. You enter the hotel and there's a bar to the right that you walk past to get to the registration desk. There's one elevator. Check in was simple. The lady wasn't a ray of sunshine but she wasn't rude either. Card was swiped for incidentals and off to my room I went. The room had one queen bed. The room was clean. There wasn't really a view (it was a building next door). I didn't care. I wasn't going to be doing anything but sleeping in the room and showering. I came to Miami to have a good time. The free wifi worked. I only had drinks at the hotel my last night along with hookah because the prices were very good (I double and triple confirmed the drink prices before I ordered). The drinks were great. Checkout was simple. The lady jokingly asked did I tear up anything in the room. I laughed, said no and I was off. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. If I wanted to relax in South Beach in a Jacuzzi or spa with room service then I'd stay elsewhere..but for a clean and centrally located place to lay my head..Starlite has my business.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
7  Thank gtsoldier
Reviewed 15 December 2017

A very quaint and clean hotel. Nothing fancy, but it is historic and right in the heart of South Beach in the art deco section, complete with neon lights. The atmosphere is so amazing! Front desk lady was very helpful and kind.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim T
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

The Food, Drinks and the hookah at starlite are amazing and the Crew is very friendly! We spent some nice days at this location and we were deeply impressed about the service and the kindness from the staff.
The Hotel is in the middle of the Ocean Drive!!! Highly recommendet

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom H
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I went to the Starlite to have lunch with my family. They forgot my food and when I asked them about my food they started blaiming me for ordering only one salmon dish even thougt I ordered two (one for my sister and one for me) . Our waitress didn't apologized about the forgotten dish and she did not do anything to make it up. Also they did not wanted to take any feedback from us when I try to talk to them and they where wery rude. One of the worst experiences ever!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Terrible experience with everything! Cheap hotel, with a cheap services, cheap premises, for cheap people. I still don’t know why I thought this could be a good idea. Check in was a nightmare, bad customer service and you have to walk across a “bar/kitchen” and you’ll have your clothes stinking shrimp. The bedroom was smelling cheap cleaning products like pine sol mixed with white vinegar. It was impossible to stay there without feel this odor. Small bathroom and the dirty shower curtain keep touching you while you’re showering. It’s sad that a very well located hotel in Miami Beach offers that.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple