All reviews in south beach restaurants and bars mini fridge action hookah
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

For the price, in the heart of South Beach, Oceanfront, Bars ,restaurants and clubs everywhere for 70 Bucks! AND YOU STILL COMPLAIN? WTH IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? I'd you wanna be treated like a king or queen, then go and pay 600-1,000 bucks a night someplace else! This hotel is very awesome for less than 100!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank av025ct
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great location on Ocean Drive!
Really helpful staff. Made us feel safe took away any worries throughout the time of Hurricane Irma. we all lived survived. felt most welcomed and belonged as a unit.
Thanks to Patty and Susie we had an amazing time. really connected.
also to Jenny who helped so much with excursions. The owner was also friendly and helpful. We loved staying here.
Free Wifi, have everything you need in a hotel room.
so close to the beach, restaurants and bars and shopping areas.
A storm proof building too!
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wan2ctheworld
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Great location on Ocean Drive, walk right out onto Ocean Drive and start your day and/or night! Clean hotel, good housekeeping, great front desk staff, (Janie will brighten your day with her sparkle) and (Patti will make you laugh and enjoy your day) Mark, the manager is great and cares about his guests. Tiled floors thru out the rooms and very clean, mini fridge and microwaves in the room, good AC units too! Some rooms have ocean views so be sure to book that when selecting your room! Stay here, its really a nice property with a great staff!

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Candy S
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We (one adult and two teens) spent 9d/8n here for spring break time 04/10-18. The place is in a very convenient locations right on Ocean Dr between 7th and 8th street. We took the express bus from airport directly come to hotel with very short walk. Across the hotel, it is a beautiful park and I saw people playing the monkey bars and weight lifts and gym trick on the exercise site on the park. The hotel is part of the restaurant which is in the front. the receptionist counter is next to the bar area. It is small with narrow alley. Majority people in Miami only speak Spanish. It would be very helpful to speak Spanish to get good service here. We arrived early but got in our room already on the 3rd floor facing wet n willey. From our room, we can still see half of the sky that is not blocked by next door building. The whole check in process is not too bad. The front desk also offer cheap tours. Had I known that, I should not book those groupon tours ahead since groupon tours did not provide transportation from hotel.

The room is simply yet efficient with two double beds and mini fridge and microwave. It would be nice, there is a sit down table. I was told that other rooms would have table. The floor is tiled which is very clean. The only thing is water still can come out from bathroom after each shower no matter how careful we are. The mini fridge did not see work very well since our milk got rotten after 3 days inside. However, I am not going to complaint it since the place meets our needs, clean and efficient with convenient location. The hotwire rate for our entire stay is very good under $900. The front desk even allowed us to use the laundry facilities after 5pm for free which is a big plus. The room is not really sound proofed yet since it is past the peak time, there weren't much loud party people during our stay.

The location is very good. We also utilized the free local bus --(only one free local bus 23. there are other buses stop at the same stop but not free). I have to say it is quite confusing to figure out which one is free. There are certain free trolley route by mall area and west side.

Overall, the hotel was a great deal for us. For that rate we will stay again.

Room Tip: Third floor
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Clearly without doubt the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in. The manager Patti checked me in. 45 frustrating minutes later, she was still not honoring the deposit I had put on the room 2 months earlier, with bank proof in hand. She demanded to talk to my bank to verify the deposit and still would not take that off the upfront billing for the room. She was surly and militant. This hotel is the equivalent to a sweat shop hotel. Something you’d expect in the seedy side of town. NO hospitality, only about getting paid.
Then after getting full payment upfront, 2 hours later my deposit was finally verified, and I had to wait for the reversal 5-10 business days for the credit to appear on my account.
Then, the night before we checked out, they attempted an illegal additional charge to my account which my bank blocked. Because that additional erroneous charge was blocked, they called the police , banging on our door at 9:00 at night. We explained, and the police, who were more polite than anyone at the hotel, left disgusted by the waste of time that the hotel had caused them. We were treated like criminals by this flophouse.
Hard to get towels, impossible to get extra hangers for the closet, weed smelled throughout the hallway every day. No secured storage for baggage before check in-stuck in the hallway piled with other guests luggage. What? This is the closest equivalent to a crackhouse boarding house that I’ve ever seen. It should not be listed on Booking.com or any other reputable search engine.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business