All reviews in south beach restaurants and bars mini fridge action hookah clubs
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We (one adult and two teens) spent 9d/8n here for spring break time 04/10-18. The place is in a very convenient locations right on Ocean Dr between 7th and 8th street. We took the express bus from airport directly come to hotel with very short walk. Across the hotel, it is a beautiful park and I saw people playing the monkey bars and weight lifts and gym trick on the exercise site on the park. The hotel is part of the restaurant which is in the front. the receptionist counter is next to the bar area. It is small with narrow alley. Majority people in Miami only speak Spanish. It would be very helpful to speak Spanish to get good service here. We arrived early but got in our room already on the 3rd floor facing wet n willey. From our room, we can still see half of the sky that is not blocked by next door building. The whole check in process is not too bad. The front desk also offer cheap tours. Had I known that, I should not book those groupon tours ahead since groupon tours did not provide transportation from hotel.

The room is simply yet efficient with two double beds and mini fridge and microwave. It would be nice, there is a sit down table. I was told that other rooms would have table. The floor is tiled which is very clean. The only thing is water still can come out from bathroom after each shower no matter how careful we are. The mini fridge did not see work very well since our milk got rotten after 3 days inside. However, I am not going to complaint it since the place meets our needs, clean and efficient with convenient location. The hotwire rate for our entire stay is very good under $900. The front desk even allowed us to use the laundry facilities after 5pm for free which is a big plus. The room is not really sound proofed yet since it is past the peak time, there weren't much loud party people during our stay.

The location is very good. We also utilized the free local bus --(only one free local bus 23. there are other buses stop at the same stop but not free). I have to say it is quite confusing to figure out which one is free. There are certain free trolley route by mall area and west side.

Overall, the hotel was a great deal for us. For that rate we will stay again.

Room tip: Third floor
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Clearly without doubt the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in. The manager Patti checked me in. 45 frustrating minutes later, she was still not honoring the deposit I had put on the room 2 months earlier, with bank proof in hand. She demanded to talk to my bank to verify the deposit and still would not take that off the upfront billing for the room. She was surly and militant. This hotel is the equivalent to a sweat shop hotel. Something you’d expect in the seedy side of town. NO hospitality, only about getting paid.
Then after getting full payment upfront, 2 hours later my deposit was finally verified, and I had to wait for the reversal 5-10 business days for the credit to appear on my account.
Then, the night before we checked out, they attempted an illegal additional charge to my account which my bank blocked. Because that additional erroneous charge was blocked, they called the police , banging on our door at 9:00 at night. We explained, and the police, who were more polite than anyone at the hotel, left disgusted by the waste of time that the hotel had caused them. We were treated like criminals by this flophouse.
Hard to get towels, impossible to get extra hangers for the closet, weed smelled throughout the hallway every day. No secured storage for baggage before check in-stuck in the hallway piled with other guests luggage. What? This is the closest equivalent to a crackhouse boarding house that I’ve ever seen. It should not be listed on Booking.com or any other reputable search engine.

Room tip: Book elsewhere
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Hello all... Everytime i visit Miami South Beach i stay at this hotel close to everything and its on Ocean Drive the principal street of SoBe... Room always clean and with a very good working air conditioner. I always get the ocean view room. Great customer service cant wait to visit Miami☺️

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I booked through Expedia for a trip my boyfriend and I were taking. Fortunately I found a much nicer hotel at a cheaper rate (Riviera which I highly highly recommend!) I canceled during the free cancelation. Expedia sent an email that was verified as opened. Now they are trying to claim they never received the email that Expedia shows that was verified opened on their end. So now Expedia is fighting with them to get my money back and I'm disputing it thru my bank and reporting them to the BBB. I visit South Beach often and I will never stay here. If they are trying to lie to Expedia, a company they do business with to rip off a customer, you can only imagine how they'll rip off their guests.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenna M
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I didn't like the Starlite hotel at all. The room had a terrible smell and I felt gross. I had to wrap my towel around my head to sleep. The bathroom had no vent and water ran on the floor due to the shower curtain being so thin. There were pipes along the ceiling, rust stains in the bathroom and along the walls. The closet had the worst smell ever. The hallways smelled just like marijuana and the guest in the other rooms had no respect. I guess there's no rule against partying and smoking marijuana in your rooms because guest had their doors open and partied hard. This building need to be torn down and built over. The staff was cool tho and I enjoyed the Miami scene.

Room tip: Make sure you read the reviews!
Date of stay: May 2017