Not the drink!!!
This hotel is, well, VERY sexy. If a hotel can be sexy. It was unfortunate that I only had one night here. Its iconic in a 1950's Hollywood-meets -2010 South Beach kind of way. Plenty of activity going on for a Tuesday night. Lots of "beautiful people". Lots of plastic surgery! This is NOT a hotel for families with small children in tow, in my opinion (and I have 2 children who were...blissfully...at home in New Jersey!!). I saw people with kids in strollers and thought it was just...wrong.
So what is sexy about this hotel? The people (young, club-happy 20 somethings). The environment...chaises and pillows everywhere, around every pool. The 24/7 activity. The bars. The nightclub is supposed to be amazing (closed when I was there..a Tuesday evening). They are also adding a new club that is due to open any day.
I ate in Scarpetta..the Italian restaurant, and it did not disappoint. Creamy smooth polenta, wonderful wine, perfectly seasoned and juicy roast chicken, luscious rice pudding... beautiful (and very attentive) waitstaff. I was completely comfortable dining alone..something that is usually difficult for me.
I had been given a room on the Penthouse floor ..in the semicircular building. 24 foot balcony facing the Atlantic. Live music and a lovely smokey odor (not offensive...kind of seductive!) going for most of the evening. Lights twinkling and glittering all over the absolutely massive property.
I felt like Frank Sinatra was sitting next to me!
Really..you should go! I am way past my clubbing years (thank GOD!) and I still found this place to be hands-down one of the most interesting and historied places I've stayed. I will definately return when I have more than one night.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular blend of Golden Era glamour and modern luxury, Fontainebleau today reinvents the original vision of legendary architect Morris Lapidus – a stage where everyone plays their unique part. At Fontainebleau, striking design, contemporary art, music, fashion and technology merge into a vibrant new kind of guest experience. We invite you to enter a world where you are free to play, shop, dine, spa, meet or simply relax – however you define your perfect day. Express yourself in an environment that surrounds you with every kind of pleasure and invites every sort of adventure. Following a $1 billion renovation, the 22-acre oceanfront hotel features signature restaurants by award-winning chefs; two chic nightlife venues; a two-story, 40,000-square-foot spa, expansive poolscape, a pristine Atlantic Ocean beach and state-of-the-art conference and event facilities. A landmark since its debut in 1954, Fontainebleau has been restored and transformed by a team of renowned architects and designers to create the most dynamic destination resort on the eastern seaboard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fontainebleau Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Hotel Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau Resort Miami Beach