Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$234
US$179
Official Website
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$363
US$323
  • Beachfront
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$164
  • Pool
Dream South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$176
  • Restaurant
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$337
US$192
thepalmshotel.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$230/night.

US$466
US$245
loewshotels.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$333/night.

The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$173
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$197/night.

Pestana Miami South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$170
US$302
US$272
  • Pool
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$296
US$251
Travelocity
14,533 results
All reviewstresor towersorrento towerlapis spableau barliv nightclubpool areabeautiful hoteljunior suitelobby barocean viewamazing servicebeach servicepeople watchingpool staffvalet servicevalet parkingbeach chairs
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I am 33 years old, and stayed at this hotel every time I went to Miami with my family, since 5 years old. I can be sure I stayed there for 6 times or more. Then It closed. What a pitty, I had such nice memories from it. And my parents too(so It´s not like I was a little girl who thought everything was magical and now I realize it doesn´t. Well, I went there with my hole family( 1 year and 11 moths son, parents, brother and his family). The hotel is still very nice but It is not for families on vacation anymore. That´s very sad. The swimming pool is so noisy(yes the music is beyond loud) and full of drunk people (not to mention hookers all around). I am not a saint but I was shocked! What happened to the nice hotel it used to be? I wonder...but I would never go back there.
The room was very nice, the bathroom small but good shower. Room service ok.
I was very upset that this hotel is not what It used to be. My father always told me: " Do never go back where you were happy" but I insisted. Guess he was right...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Before making reservations to this hotel I was scared after reading some of the other reviews. The service was fantatsic. Everyone from waiters to car attendents asked us if we needed anything and how they could be of
help. They loved high fiving my two year old son and playing with him.
We stayed in the tresor hotel and the room was very nice and quiet, perfect for a family. However only king bed and a tough sofa bed.

Food and service was very good at Vida. Breakfast and lunch were better. My son loved the side where the kids pool was. We also rented a car and went to sveral places in Miami always very happy to come back to the Fontainbleau.
Just one more thing its very very very very very very very expensive. Be prepared to have a 50 dollar lunch and that includes two salads and a diet coke.
I can't wait to just come back with hubby and I.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2010

We were at the FB from Sunday to Friday and it was for my husbands company trip and it was a very nice relaxing get away, but I would not return if it was on my dime because it's not my atmosphere and well frankly too expensive for nothing. The FB is a very nice hotel but seriously overpriced! The hotel is a bit large and vacant feeling at times, I find it interesting also that the hotel itself is bankrupt even with the insane prices!

Check in was a bit lengthy the people behind the front desk are a bit slow but we were given a room with a great ocean view which was nice. I loved the bed it was VERY comfy. As far as the staff I have to say those that I encountered were cordial but not overly friendly.

If you want a "free" pool chair you have to get out to the pool early to reserve one otherwise there are beds, cabanas, loungers for a $, I did find the pool relaxing with soft trance like music throughout the day...great people watching!

EVERYTHING costs and there is an automatic 18% gratuity tacked onto EVERYTHING and IT IS NOT put on the bill so if you don't know about it you double tip. Some of the people in our group order room service that was over $100 for 2!!! I have worked in the service industry before and it is as if the staff doesn't go out of their way because they know they will be tipped regardless, somewhat sad!

The events we had scheduled were great and the food was good but I would not return if I was paying for it as I would have to take out a second mortgage to do so!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Erika M
Reviewed 21 May 2010

I traveled to the Fountainebleau with two friends for a girls weekend. The three of us are in our 30's, married, well traveled and had a pretty good idea how expensive the hotel was before we arrived. South Beach is not a cheap area to visit so if you are looking for a cheap Florida vacation try another city.
I had a wonderful time and definitly would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to South Beach. Yes you have to pay for some of the chairs/cabanas around the pool but this is typical of most high end resorts. There are plenty of chairs on the lawn, which we used. The service at the pool was kind of slow ... but when 2 average size drinks cost $34 maybe that is not a bad thing.
Our room was nice, clean, comfortable and we loved the free internet/MAC in our room. The gym was really nice but kind of hot. The spa was great... best facial ever!
The restaurant at the pool was wonderful! Lunch for 3, with 2 drinks and 1 coke was about $130 each day. Pricy for lunch but the food/service was good.
The only "issue" I had was access to the pool. I do wish that it did not close at dusk. It would have been nice to sit in the hot tub after dinner. Also, we did get kicked off of the lawn one night when they were preparing for an event...
Overall it was a nice place but if cost is a big deal try somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank TakeMeAway09
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Thank goodness the company paid for the hotel,breakfast & dinner. Otherwise it would be like throwing $$ out the window!!! Yea the lobby area looks nice, but billion dollar renovation? We've stayed at much better for less. Rooms was nothing great. Hair dryer was broken- switch on it was missing. We went down to the pool only to find out that everything has a price. $150 padded lounge chairs - $250 round beds - $425 cabannas - $9 hot dog - $18 cheesburger- $8 bottle water - Plus 18% added on everything and with bad service!!!!! Go figure that people were paying for all that. Also pool closes at dusk! You can't use the hottubs at night. We had to leave at 4:30 one day because they were setting up for an outside dinner and took away all the free lounge chairs. I will say all the food that was served for our company dinners was excellent. Other than that, it's a hotel based on stars from the past and a place to be seen. I guess if you have money to blow. Thats the place to do it. I would never personally pay to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business