“Quality Hotel”

Ranked #43 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 15 October 2006

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
6  Thank MarkHustwit
Write a ReviewReviews (13,835)

Reviewed 5 September 2006

We had a great time when we stayed at the Fontaine Bleau. The staff were all very helpful. My son needed milk late at night, I didn't know where to get it so late, since the resturants were closed, I went to the bar, which was still open, and asked the bartender for some help, he went out of his way and filled up my sons bottle with milk - he went out of his way when he didn't have to. That's what makes the Fontaine Bleau so great, everyone there is very friendly. The pool is great and very relaxing, so is the breach. There is even a great kid's pool (Cookies World). My kids loved it. The rooms were always kept clean. We enjoyed breakfast there every morning and also loved lunch at Coconut Willies. The hotel is doing a lot of renovations around their property and also putting up another building right on the water. I bet when all the renovations are complete, this will be the hottest spot in Miami!!

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled with family
6  Thank Nevien
Reviewed 23 August 2006

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
8  Thank Leila21
Reviewed 9 August 2006

We stayed there from 7/31 through 8/4/06. I too read the reviews prior to making this reservation, but I have known about this property most of my life, and my husband and I wanted to stay there to celebrate our recent marriage (3/06). We were very pleased with the parking (valet) attendants, and delighted with the hotel's decor. We met most of the housekeepers, and found them all attentive to our needs, even turning down our beds with the perpetual "2 mints" on our pillows when we returned in the evening. We had no difficulty requesting our car, and as a matter of fact, by the second day, they knew our car and "ran" to get it when they saw us coming. We actually didn't eat the breakfast buffet because we did think the price was a bit dear, but we had a couple of snacks from Coconut Willies, and some mixed drinks, and enjoyed all of it. The beach area is a bit unkempt, but my husband and I were content to visit the pools either inground or 7th flr. I did have difficulty at one point with the front desk staff when I questioned the room they assigned to us, because prior to arriving I called to doublecheck to make certain our reservation was there; and it was; until we arrived. The person at the front desk barely spoke English and had to call someone else over on more than one occasion to get us registered. But joy, when we did arrive in our room, it was great, with great views, though smaller than the the over 500 s.f. we had been told. When I did call the front desk to inquire whether we had the right room, the person with whom I spoke (male) actually hung up the phone on me. (We didn't call him back.)However, my husband and I were completely pleased with our room on the 25th floor, though smaller; and we decided not to let one person's rudeness spoil our time at this grand place.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple