14,859 results
All reviews tresor tower sorrento tower lapis spa bleau bar liv nightclub pool area beautiful hotel junior suite lobby bar ocean view amazing service beach service people watching pool staff valet parking beach chairs scarpetta
Reviewed 2 March 2009

I spent many hours on tripadvisor reading mostly negative reviews on this hotel, some of the complaints have merit but to rate this a "one" is just being overly critical. This is not a terrible place, the one rating says terrible and that just is not the case here. The beauty alone must rank this at least a three (average). Yes, I agree they are experiencing growing pains with some service issues but if some service issues ruins your vacation then I feel sorry for you.

The next issue I would like to address is the prices, I spent many days and months pricing a hotel (really I was looking for a resort, all the amenities at one location, on the beach not across the street, pool large enough to not feel on top of each other) and this and Lowes were the only ones that I felt offered all of this. I was traveling with my spouse and young child. This hotel which I agree is very expensive was cheaper than the lowes and I got a junior suit for about $50 less than a standard room at Lowes. Yes, the prices at the pool for drinks is over the top but all of southbeach is over the top, this is just a little bit more. If you want cheaper drinks just walk next door to the other hotels and save two dollars a drink if you want. We did this for breakfast, instead of paying the $28 for breakfast buffet, we went next door the holiday inn one morning and had the buffet for around $15. You do have some options but not many as you are kind of isolated but not totally if you take the time to look around.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank taginnj
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Disclaimer: work paid for the 3 nights I stayed there. I travel fulltime for work so I've stayed in a billion hotel rooms so take that fwiw when reading this review. The remodeling must have been done by the time I got here because I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. It was easy to valet the car when we arrived...i think its like $23/night to park...totally normal for an area like this. As expected, everything was marble and very timeless trendy looking (if you can picture that). It kind of smelled like a 5-star hotel in a foreign country but I have no way to explain that except lol (not good or bad, just a distinct smell when you first walk into the hotel). We checked in and they were very nice and had great personalities..joked around with us etc. The food was overpriced but lets face it, everything in miami beach is the exact same way at the restaurants so you can't fault them. I *really* liked their japanese restaurant called The Blade...the Lobster Miso soup was some of the best I've tasted...very flavorful...edamame was so-so...quality of the yellowtail was above average, definitely fresh...unique version of green tea that had a wonderfully unique taste to it. Cool menus that are backlit with a fluorescent light. Sushi chefs are friendly and will initiate conversation if they see you're actually up for talking. I never really looked up from my phone hardly while texting/surfing and the chef respected that. Ate at Gotham the first night and the black cod was AMAZING!!!

The hotel room was a little smaller than avg but lets be honest, most rooms that are 50+ yrs old arent exactly gigantic. It was decorated very nicely though... somewhat post-modern imho. huge lcd on the wall, an apple imac on the desk which contrary to what everyone said lets you go to a ton of normal sites free like msnbc, usatoday, facebook etc. They have an intranet you can also access on the computer that gives maps and tells the history of the hotel and the area..pretty cool. I've yet to hit the pool or beach so we'll see about that. One poster is right though, outside of this hotel most of the restaurants are further down on pine tree about a mile away. Definitely hit Lincoln Avenue while you're here...I'd argue thats one of the best places to eat/shop. it seems a little more high class than further down south beach. Only bad thing I noticed about the hotel is that the walls were a little thinner than I expected but nobody was banging so it was inconsequential. Enjoy or should i say enyoy! hahaha

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank grothman
Reviewed 24 February 2009

I stayed at the hotel in February 2009. I wasnt expecting much having read the many negative reviews but I think they must have been about a different hotel! Yes they still having teething troubles but they have only just reopened after a major refit! The hotel had everything you needed and the rooms were excellent. Particularly liked the use of in room computer for ordering room service which always arrived promptly and the food was excellent. Give it a try! My only negative was its remoteness from local facilities but bear in mind that I had no transport so had to walk or taxi everywhere.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 22 February 2009

This is my third time at the Fontainbleau over the last 3 or 4 years, each time I go I say I'll never come back again, this time I mean it! My wife seems to like the "glitz" of the Fontainebleau, each time we go there it's just for a day before we leave on a cruise.

The first time we went I called and told them I want to bring my family so we can play in the pools for a day. They neglected to tell me the pools were closed due to construction.

A year later I called and told them the same only this time I asked if the pools were open, I was told that they were. When we got there we found only 1 pool open and no restaurants.

This time, Feb 09, everything was open and looked great. My wife and son arrived before us so they decided to go to the beach for a short time, they were told it was $20 so they went to check in and wait for us. Though we requested adjoining rooms they were not available at that time. they were told that if they waited a couple of hours, until 4pm they would have this for us. The rooms were ready around 4 but it took 2 calls and almost an hour to get our luggage. We went out for a quick dinner than came back for a swim only to find that all of the pools closed at sunset, around 7pm.

One of our rooms was nice (king bed)but no larger than a closet. The kids room was a corner room and not bad, we had to put all of our luggage there becase their was no room for a suitcase in ours.

The hotel is very large, a long walk from the fornt desk to the room, than a long hike to the pools.

The rooms each have a nice computer, some sites can be accessed for free. We ordered room service in the morning, the menus have to be accessed on the computer. After spending almost 10 mintues placing our order (you can't go back a page so must start from the begining over and over) I got a message the it would take 30-40 mintues. After waiting an hour I called looking for our order at which time I was told that the computer ordering system isn't working so they never received my order. They offered to "rush " us an order which the said would be 20-30 minutes.

We didn't have time to wait now so we attempted to check out on the tv but that of course didn't work. It was time to leave our $500+ rooms, thankfully the only thing they did good was get our luggage and a cab out of there.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2009

I hated it when we went there we had to go through a maze like structure (parking lot ect. ) to get to the beach> IT WAS UNDER CONSTRUCTION not the beach but the whole place the older fountain blue was so much better THIS ONE THEY DIDN'T EVEN TELL US THAT IT WAS UNDER CONSTRUCTION! why everyone in the building while my family was there they said that they also had no notification about this HUGE problem. And when I got room service the food was terrible and i took like 2 hrs. And the pool you had to go into another separate building for a decant pool, the pool in the Fountain blue was a child's pool it was like 3 ft deep. The other place were you have to go was still fountain blue but it was a different building and the pool was so small . WHen you are at that pool all you hear is the sound of construction!!! so there goes you wonderful day. Oh i almost forgot when you wake up usually at a nice peaceful sound to the waves NOPE not at this hotel you get brutally waken up by the sound of construction so if you want a nice vacation i really advise you not to go here. Cause i will never go here a again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family