14,859 results
All reviews tresor tower sorrento tower lapis spa bleau bar liv nightclub pool area beautiful hotel junior suite lobby bar ocean view amazing service beach service people watching pool staff valet parking beach chairs scarpetta
Reviewed 22 February 2009

This is my third time at the Fontainbleau over the last 3 or 4 years, each time I go I say I'll never come back again, this time I mean it! My wife seems to like the "glitz" of the Fontainebleau, each time we go there it's just for a day before we leave on a cruise.

The first time we went I called and told them I want to bring my family so we can play in the pools for a day. They neglected to tell me the pools were closed due to construction.

A year later I called and told them the same only this time I asked if the pools were open, I was told that they were. When we got there we found only 1 pool open and no restaurants.

This time, Feb 09, everything was open and looked great. My wife and son arrived before us so they decided to go to the beach for a short time, they were told it was $20 so they went to check in and wait for us. Though we requested adjoining rooms they were not available at that time. they were told that if they waited a couple of hours, until 4pm they would have this for us. The rooms were ready around 4 but it took 2 calls and almost an hour to get our luggage. We went out for a quick dinner than came back for a swim only to find that all of the pools closed at sunset, around 7pm.

One of our rooms was nice (king bed)but no larger than a closet. The kids room was a corner room and not bad, we had to put all of our luggage there becase their was no room for a suitcase in ours.

The hotel is very large, a long walk from the fornt desk to the room, than a long hike to the pools.

The rooms each have a nice computer, some sites can be accessed for free. We ordered room service in the morning, the menus have to be accessed on the computer. After spending almost 10 mintues placing our order (you can't go back a page so must start from the begining over and over) I got a message the it would take 30-40 mintues. After waiting an hour I called looking for our order at which time I was told that the computer ordering system isn't working so they never received my order. They offered to "rush " us an order which the said would be 20-30 minutes.

We didn't have time to wait now so we attempted to check out on the tv but that of course didn't work. It was time to leave our $500+ rooms, thankfully the only thing they did good was get our luggage and a cab out of there.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2009

I hated it when we went there we had to go through a maze like structure (parking lot ect. ) to get to the beach> IT WAS UNDER CONSTRUCTION not the beach but the whole place the older fountain blue was so much better THIS ONE THEY DIDN'T EVEN TELL US THAT IT WAS UNDER CONSTRUCTION! why everyone in the building while my family was there they said that they also had no notification about this HUGE problem. And when I got room service the food was terrible and i took like 2 hrs. And the pool you had to go into another separate building for a decant pool, the pool in the Fountain blue was a child's pool it was like 3 ft deep. The other place were you have to go was still fountain blue but it was a different building and the pool was so small . WHen you are at that pool all you hear is the sound of construction!!! so there goes you wonderful day. Oh i almost forgot when you wake up usually at a nice peaceful sound to the waves NOPE not at this hotel you get brutally waken up by the sound of construction so if you want a nice vacation i really advise you not to go here. Cause i will never go here a again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2009

We live in Miami so only went to Fontainebleau for lunch. the rooom is beautiful and the food was delicious but the service was about the worst i have ever had in an upscale restaurant. even more amazing when i complained (politely i might add) nothing was done. and to add insult to injury, the tip was already included.
i would not have ordinarily posted just to complain about lunch until i read the other reviews. clearly my experience is indicative of a larger service problem throughout the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2009

I just visited the Fontianebleu Hotel Valentine's weekend. There was a lot going on with it being Valentine's weekend and the boat show right across the street. The prices were slightly inflated but it was well worth the price. Three of us ladies were celebrating a 25th birthday and enjoyed everything about the hotel.
1. The service was outstanding from the bellman to check in who upgraded or room, to Montecello who found clubs for us and provided VIP passes.
2. The faciltiy was state of the art. The pool area was a perfect picture especially at night. The hotel is right on the beach.
3. Club Liv was decent if you are into the loud techno music and bright flashy lights. We were able to meet the owner of the club and he escorted us personally inside and gave some drink tickets.
3. Blade sushi restaurant was great. The drinks were way overpriced but it was expected.
Overall this place is great and I'm already planning my next stay in April.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank kryswithak
Reviewed 15 February 2009

Parking is 30 plus a night which is about typical for a resort type property. There are several buildings on the property, I stayed in the Tresor which as I understand it is a building where individual unit owners allow the hotel to rent the individual rooms. Out of a 6 night stay we had housekeeping clean our room twice. We had to call just to get someone to come and empty the trash which was piling up and get some clean towels….but they did not remove the dirty towels. A drink at the pool is 14 dollars plus 18% gratuity unless you are a unit owner (they get a different menu) and then it is about half that. A coffee in their lobby coffee shop is about $4.50. Meals on site are also expensive. Overall the site is well kept and clean and if you want to hang with the “haves” it is a good location. Be prepared however to complain about normal housekeeping if you expect that service. This hotel is not for those on any kind of budget so do not got there expecting to be thrifty.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)