14,955 results
All reviews sorrento tower tresor tower lapis spa bleau bar liv nightclub pool area amazing service beautiful hotel junior suite lobby bar ocean view beach service people watching pool staff valet parking beach chairs scarpetta
Reviewed 24 July 2012

this is the third family yearly vacation in FB. We are six. so we need two rooms and different kind of experiences for our kids(16,10,9,7 years old) and for ourselves. it´s not so easy for any Hotel to fulfill requirements and do it three times in the last years.
I can only say that my family enjoy every minute in the hotel, the views(night and day), the pools(especially kids), the beach(with great service), the restaurants(we had a dinner with friends, they were surprised about quality of food and staff). everything was great.

so i hope to have a 2013 vacation in FB again. big fan.
patricio

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank patricio68
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Thank you for your high praise of Fontainebleau! We were extremely happy to welcome you back for this year’s family vacation. As we take pride in creating unique and memorable experiences for our guests, we are proud to have accomplished this for you again! Your loyalty is much appreciated and we cannot wait to see you next time!

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Let me start by saying it is a beautiful hotel, and we checked in rather fast. My husband and I arrive at the room and to our surprise we came in to a double bed when I specifically requested a king size. Secondly that same night we had a reservation at Gotham, which by the way it was the best part of that night, the service was great food excellent and atmosphere relaxing. After dinner we headed towards Liv nightclub expecting a good time we waited over an hour just to go over the rope they split our friends up women went on one side and the men to another and as we were heading in i turn my back to see where the guys were at and I see my husband giving me a sign to come back out. When we asked the guys why did they go back out he told me that the security was disrespectful towards the girls in our group calling us nasty names that i dare not repeat. I informed the manager the next morning and the only thing he did was to apologize on behalf of the hotel because he stated he could not do anything because the nightclub was a different entity form the hotel. Lastly we rented a premium cabana, nice spot by the glow bar with music, towards the end of the day when we checked out and noticed that they had charged us extra food that we did not get. I had stayed other times at the tresor building and not had any problems but after staying this last time I do not think I will come back.

2  Thank Jenny G

On behalf of Fontainebleau, it was a pleasure to serve you again. I would like to sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced during this stay. I am so glad you had the opportunity to enjoy dining on property at Gotham Steak and to relax outdoors in one of our gorgeous premium cabanas. It is unfortunate we were unable to accommodate your bedding request over this busy time. In the future, we recommend you consider our guaranteed bedding option when booking your reservation. This feature was created to cater to our guests’ preferences. Thank you for informing us of an incident involving one of our nightclubs. We will be sure to pass this on to the LIV management team for review. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Fontainebleau.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

As another reviewer noted, it is a magnificent hotel. Architecturally and design wise it is stunning. It is a very large hotel. a 10-15 minute walk to get from one side to another. We booked an ocean view room. We were originally assigned to the Tresor tower. did not know at the time, but obviously the oldest rooms or the rooms that have not been redone. We were shocked at how cruddy the room was, and noisy. We had a tiny sliver of an ocean view and were basically on top of the highway. After expressing my discontent, we were finally moved to a MUCH nicer ocean view room in the Sorrento tower. A much newer tower with large, modern rooms and a balcony with a clear ocean view. THis tower has its own pool as well. This was a beautiful room and bathroom. Did make the somewhat pricey (even in off season) room feel like it was worth the $$. But what you really go to this hotel for is the scene. The pool and beach scenes are vibrant. Pool and pool area are surprisingly clean considering its packed. Quite a few families. Bars and restaurants are fantastic- beautifully decorated, great ambience and great food/drinks. Hakassan, the asian restaurant in the hotel is amazing. Get the tea smoked rib appetizer. Did not club, but that scene was also happening well into the wee hours of the morning. I gave it the rating I did just because the property is so iconic and luxurious. And they were very accommodating in switching rooms even though it took an hour and a half to do so.

Room tip: If possible, avoid the Tresor tower. Or at least ask to see the room before you finalize. The one we got originally was old and tired. Balcony was literally over the highway. Very noisy.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

All of these memories created during your stay are so valuable to us! We are glad to hear that your modern suite in the Sorrento tower was to your liking. Thank you for checking out some of our various swimming pools, bars and restaurants. It sounds like your dining experience at Hakkasan was absolutely delicious. We cannot wait for your next stay at Fontainebleau!

Reviewed 23 July 2012

First vacation without the kids (ages 1 and 2), what a romantic experience! We were totally pampered from the moment we walked in the door. Our plane arrived 6 hours before official "check in" but we checked our bags, went to the pool and our room was ready in 30 minutes! Brianna at the front desk realized this was a romantic get-away and she totally surprised us and sent a special gift to our room that we enjoyed all week. Pool and beach are perfectly manicured and clean, attendants were professional, super fast and friendly, and the hotel is in a great location. 41st street is right across the bridge and has a ton of little restaurants and places to visit.

The recommendations for area attractions, restaurants, etc were excellent (deep sea fishing was close and we caught several 'trophy fish') and we ended our trip relaxed, refreshed and even had a little tan. Will return for sure in the future!

Room tip: Rooms on Collins Ave have traffic all night and even though we were on the 8th floor the taxi horns seemed loud. There is an easy fix that I didn't realized until our last night- turn on the fan attached to the thermostat. I would stay in this room again, just wanted others to know how to accommodate.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I am delighted to hear you had such a memorable experience at Fontainebleau! Thank you for sharing your enjoyment with our beach and pool facilities, and the service we extended to you. Our 2,200 team members are trained to go above and beyond in catering to our guests. I assure you Brianna will be recognized for a job well done! Please come visit us soon for another unforgettable stay!

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I just spend 7 nights at the Fontainbleu in Miami Beach, for a conference, and then for 2 extra nights. Although it's a very nice hotel, I have many complaints with this hotel:

1. When I checked in, I was put on the 6th floor, above what amounts to a noisy obnoxious disco every night of the week. When I could feel the bass vibrating through my pillow at 1am in the morning, I finally called the front desk and demanded to be moved to a higher floor. Thankfully, they did move me, and to their credit, upgraded my room. They get mixed marks for this--although they remedied the problem, it should never have been a problem in the first place, and I should have either been warned of the noise, or (better) they should fix the problem with blasting awful music at all hours of the night.

2. When I rented a room belonging to a private owner for 2 nights, I was stuck with a $40 cleaning fee for each day of my stay. The room had a towel bar that was almost falling off the wall; other than that the room was decent, but again, overpriced.

3. Restaurants - food was good, but ridiculously-priced. Virtually everyone in our conference complained about paying $10 for a bottle of water, or $10.50 for a hot dog. Ridiculous.

4. Guest Services - when I called for information, it was a tossup as to whether I'd get a friendly voice; sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't.

5. Bell Services - when my girlfriend arrived at the hotel, no one offered to handle her bags for her; as a small woman with an injured wrist, it was difficult for her to manage her bags, and we were both displeased with the lack of assistance. To make matters worse, I was sent (by the concierge) to the wrong front entrance to meet my girlfriend's car; this actually happened twice to us.

Next time I'll stay elsewhere.

Room tip: Go elsewhere, but definitely don't accept a room lower than the 8th floor in the Chateau building.
1  Thank Bob P
FBHotelManager, Manager at Fontainebleau Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

I would like to take a moment and express my deepest apologies for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. It is disappointing to know we lacked in communicating important details on the location of your room upon arrival. I really appreciate you reaching out to us so we could fix the situation and find a more suitable option for your stay. Our goal is to go above and beyond in exceeding our guests’ expectations. We really hope for an opportunity to achieve this for you in the future.