This is not my first visit to the Delano yet something in the last few years has certainly been lost. I'll comment by category:
Concierge/Front Desk: Poor
1. I had to contact the concierge two times prior to my visit to get some basic information about a fight (Mayweather vs McGregor) related event at the hotel during my stay. Never got the information I needed.
2. When I arrived I spoke with two separate concierge folks (one guy, one woman) - neither follow-ed up with me.
3. Finally after asking the concierge to get a manager I received answers, yet they were not accurate when I showed up for the event. It was all sorted out eventually but not without to much effort.
4. Front desk during check-in was nice and welcoming, yet miscommunicated some info that caused an issue at check-out.
5. Front desk during check-out was average at best, very defensive over the ask for a removal of a $40 charge. They corrected it yet were very defensive and irrational given the amount of the total bill.
Room: Good, as expected
1. Room was clean and well stocked
Restaurent: (Leynia) Pleasantly Surprised
1. Service was excellent, all waitstaff
2. Manager was excellent
2. Food and drinks were very good
3. Seating was nice and open (we sat outside for 3 meals during our stay)
Pool: Nice Pool & Pool Staff, Poor Bar Experience
1. Pool & Pool Staff: was very nice as expected. We did not get to enjoy as much as we would have liked due to rain, however the pool staff was very welcoming and helpful.
2. Pool Bar: it was a standard pool bar, but nicely positioned.
3. Pool Bartender (woman) was clearly expecting us to close the tab after only the first round (because she was about to get off duty in 15 minutes). *I get it you want your tips bit this is supposedly a nice hotel and experience and that is unprofessional. I was a waiter/bartender once too. Don't do this (or ask) unless you have been waiting on the folks for a while. Not one order 15 minutes before you get off.
Spa: (Agua) Great service
1. The facilities are average at best. Lockers are small, only two showers and an steam room.
2. Towels and robes are nice.
3. Staff was very welcoming and attentive.
4. Massage staff was excellent and professional.
Bell Staff: Good
1. They were friendly and helpful as you would expect.
2. They seemed to work really hard and fast - mush appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of South Beach and directly on the ocean, Delano is the ultimate world-class urban resort and self-contained destination. Boasting America's first Indoor/Outdoor Lobby, the hotel's public spaces create the feeling of an interwoven "village" with almost no separation between indoors and out. With its soaring and unforgettably beautiful Lobby, legendary white Guestrooms, lushly landscaped Orchard, breathtaking Pool, the renowned Club Essentia wellness center and spa and stunning private beach, Delano epitomizes Simple Chic for a modern world. Delano offers seasonal packages and special offers including spa, breakfast and parking packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Delano South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delano Hotel Miami Beach
- Delano Resort Miami Beach
- Delano Miami