2,970 results
All reviewsrose barblue doorsouth beachwhite curtainspool barpool staffwhite decorpool scenepool partyhotel guestspool siderooms are smallpeople watchingbeach servicegreat poollincoln roadthe entire staff
Reviewed 28 October 2005

My wife and I had a great long weekend at the Delano. It blends classic South Beach style with modern service and excitement. The restaurants are great, and the athletic club is awesome. We spent most of our time at the pool (yes, my wife and many other women there were topless) and the beach. Great service from the bar at both the beach and the pool.

• Stayed: April 2005
8  Thank SoBe_Regular
Reviewed 16 October 2005

Spent an evening at the Rose bar at the Delano Hotel South Beach. Designed by Phillip Stark and full of beautiful people it gives you the full Miami glamour factor. Not so well known by visitors as the front of the hotel gives nothing away, the bar and restaurant plays host to Miami's hippest crowd. Definately worth visiting for a drink as well as the bars at the Shore Club, The Wish Bar and Spire Bar at the Hotel of South beach and the bar at the Sagamore Hotel. Drinks may be pricey in all of these places but for the true South Beach experience well worth it. Don't forget your glad rags!!!

5  Thank Joleenlondon
Reviewed 14 October 2005

We had a four night stay mini honey-moon and arrived on Labor day. Although, I was happy that the crowds had left, it turned out to be not as cool an ambience with just us there. Not to say the decor did'nt do it's part, it was everything we hoped for. The pool was heaven, and there was a party on Tues nite. As one other reviewer stated, the staff could have been more attentive, when we asked the gentleman at the front desk if the pool party scene happened every nite, it appeared as if we had awakend him from an upright slumber and he mumbled a half "yeah" and then shrugged.?? So, I guess we were'nt as lucky as that other reviewer who was directed to all the hot spots. For the most part they were polite and did provide service. My new husband was less that thrilled with the slightly "cold" rooms although they did look nice, I personally would have welcomed at least a floor mat next to the bed to cusion the hard concrete floor. We did the spa and it was wonderful, used the fitness facilities but were told that the business center was being remodeled and no internet was available to guests so we had to go to a cyber cafe. In all it was very relaxing and beautiful which we really appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2005
10  Thank KooKoo4Travel
Reviewed 14 September 2005

Starting with the negative, the rooms are small and sparsly decoracted. Although this is neat and trendy looking (all white decor and furnishings) it lacks in functionality, with beds that aren't up to 5 star luxury standards, a small TV with no pay-per-view and a tiny bathroom with minimal toiletries (not name brand, combination "shampoo/conditioner").

Having said that, you don't stay at the Delano to hang out in your room. The public areas are frankly stunning. The lobby is comfortable (with couches and sitting areas) during the day, and turns into a rocking club at night. The pool area is even better - comfortable chairs, not too large, and a great looking crowd. Finally, the beach in front of the hotel is very nice, and the hotel provides padded chairs and towels on the beach.

The most pleasant surprise of my stay was the friendliness of the staff. I was expecting a NY boutique hotel "I'm cooler than you becaus I work here" attitude, and ended up experiencing no bad attitudes at all, and in fact unusually friendly service.

All in all, this is a great hotel for younger luxury travelers!

• Stayed: September 2005
9  Thank Inspiration31456
Reviewed 6 September 2005

Had a great time at the Delano. If you're looking for a great time with a mix of hip singles and couples mid 20s-30s...this is the place for you. You'll be disappointed if you're looking for anything other than a good time. Rooms are lackluster but that's not why you stay at the Delano. Pool scene is fantastic, drinks are incredible, and the wait staff is really cool and remembers all the guests. Rose Bar in the lobby is a great place to start and end the night!!!!

Stayed: September 2005