“Sad when an Icon fades”

Delano South Beach Hotel
Ranked #41 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Recently my husband and I had dinner at the Bianca Restaurant in the Delano with 7 customers of ours. The wait-staff were great. I wish I could say the same for the food. My husband's $48 pasta dish was cold on arrival. Not wanting to make a scene in front of our customers, he said nothing.
We went for drinks at the bar after dinner where the bar tender was very rude. He told my husband we'd have to wait for drinks because there were 6 people ahead of us, then promptly served people who'd arrived after our party. We were never served so we went to the pool bar.
To top off our experience, Valet lost my car! I waited for an hour for them to find my car! They had the gall to still charge $25 for parking!
In a town known for poor customer service, the Delano unfortunately sets a very low mark.
Visually, the facility is beautiful but seems 90ish. Top off the dated ambiance with poor, rude service and the Delano now becomes a place that is best fondly remembered as it was in it's heyday.

Room Tip: Choose a modern hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Joyce T

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Let me put this into context, all white with super slick decor is very Miami but also feels a bit dated now. The rooms are tiny and not really very practical, they are too sleek and I think the newer Mondrian looks a bit more to my taste. The entrance is stunning, the building is lovely and the location is ideal, walking distance from most things in SoBe and right on the beach. Where the hotel scores highly is the pool area which is picture postcard stuff with a gorgeous lukewarm infinity pool and plenty of staff to keep you fed and watered. Most of the staff are good, especially the bell guys who are a scream but getting served at the restaurant was a challenge and the Rose Bar was dead probably because they've now opened the Florida Room. A real shame as it used to be one of my favourite places in South Beach. In terms of value it isn't great, you're paying a premium for the style and the hipness but there are newer and hipper venues in Miami now. Don't get me wrong I do like it but I just don't love it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank J0el_K
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was my 3rd time ad Delano, this time I Went as a couple, and it was incredible. Love the atmosphere, the food, the staff are AMAZING... the concierge got us into all the best restaurants for dinner, as well as a table at LIV club, all last minut, thank you Willy!!! and the room was a perfect hang over place to be. huge, comfortable, trendy... the bathtub can fit all the friends you have! .....Big thanks too Soledad and Carlos as well!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 11 March 2012

This is my kind of place !
Clean
Stylish
Cool
Great Service
and much more...The restaurant very good -- of the breakfast, lunch and dinner we had the lunch was our most preferred. And the highlight was just sitting around the pool and lounging the day away, stealing off to the beach for a walk and just generally relaxing.
Who loves design can't miss it!
I'm always back when I'm in Miami

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I have been a frequent traveler to Miami and the Delano is fading a bit. Certainly the room service quality and restaurant quality is declining. They seem to be focusing on new decor in the restaurant and not food quality. Room Service kept bringing the wrong items. Service is not attentive or focused. There seems to be inconsistency with who is serving and no evidence of a team. The Concierge team seems to be less than adequate falling from a very lofty team on previous visits. I hope attitude doesn't trump good service...which in this case I mean warm and inviting.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
#44 of 212 in Miami Beach
The Betsy - South Beach
The Betsy - South Beach
#14 of 212 in Miami Beach

Been to Delano South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Delano South Beach Hotel

Address: 1685 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139-3136 (Formerly Delano Hotel)
Region: United States > Florida > Miami Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Top resorts Hotel in Miami Beach
#16 Business Hotel in Miami Beach
#19 Spa Hotel in Miami Beach
#22 Romantic Hotel in Miami Beach
#28 Luxury Hotel in Miami Beach
#31 Family Hotel in Miami Beach
#34 On the Beach Hotel in Miami Beach
Price Range: €271 - €1,319 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4.5 star — Delano South Beach Hotel 4.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Splitty, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Delano South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Delano Hotel Miami Beach