2,999 results
All reviews rose bar blue door south beach white curtains pool bar pool staff white decor pool scene pool party hotel guests pool side rooms are small great pool people watching beach service lincoln road ocean front
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My first experience at Delano was in February 2011, after having seen it on the Travel channel, with Samantha Brown gushing over all the details that are important to me and I'm sure, to all travel bugs who enjoy an upscale vacation experience. I am fairly well travelled, and fell so in love with the Delano during my 'introductory trip' , that the very day after I returned home to New Hampshire, I booked hotel and flight for a return visit for two months later! It is truly a luxury experience that can be totally satisfying without even leaving the property. The staff from the 'Guest Experience Manager ' to housekeeping and front desk/lobby and poolside staffs are amazingly knowledgable, thorough and pleasant. The accommodations are luxurious and incredibly Comfortable. The Blue Door restraunt certainly pleased this 'foodie' to no end, and the night life (if you want it) and poolside area /staff) are all beyond compare. I've got two trips booked for Delano South Beach for this fall and winter and that will make four visits in twelve months......that is how FABULOUS it is! It is my new grown-up playground and plan to visit at least twice a year from now on.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
brianbean, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2011

I thank you so much for this great review!
Isn't it a pleasure to find that perfect "sanctuary" where you know that you will find relaxation and great food and cool people to welcome you back?
Please know that we appreciate your kind words and will be happy to have you back.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed in that hotel once. It offers great proximity to the beach and famous Miami night life, all within walking distance. I also highly recommend their chocolate martinis. It's a very classy hotel with a wonderful atmosphere, even in their downstairs lobby as well as the garden.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
brianbean, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2011

Thank you so much for your positive comments. I am so glad you enjoyed your time at Delano. I hope you can come back and enjoy another chocolate martini ( or rasperry mojito - my favorite! ) very soon.
Until next time!

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was on a weekend shopping gig in Miami, and it worked out for my girlfriend to visit at the same time, so I splurged and booked the Delano for 3 nights Oct 21 - 24. The hotel is very nice. It is also very expensive. A $17 vodka and tonic is a bit over the top in my view. The rooms a nice, large and creative, as one would expect at a rate of $550/nt. We only ate breakfast in the restaurant, but the wait staff and food were very good/excellent. Ate the rates they charge one would also think WiFi would be free. They told me there was a charge, but when I called the front desk they gave me the password on the house. A nice gesture, but why not just make it free??? My only real complaint was the construction smell and noise while we were there. I am a resort owner, and i know how difficult it is to manage renovations and guests at the same time. Up front knowledge would have been appreciated, but when my girlfriend called to complain about the sawing noise on the floor above one morning the manager handled the situation, and my angry girlfriend, very well. In the end he gave a a nice credit on our stay, and offered me a free night for a return visit, but I think I will check out something else if I book another stay in Miami Beach. This does not mean I would not recommend the Delano. If you have the coin it is very good, but there are LOTS of options in Miami Beach, and I will want to try something new.

Room Tip: The King Dlx was just big enough, good view, and creative in its layout.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for constructive criticism. We listen to our guests feedback and use them as tools to learn and grow.
Thank you again for your patience during our beautification project. Although there have been challenges - the end product will be AMAZING!
I am glad you enjoyed your time here and that you had your issues addressed to your satisfaction. I do hope you will make it back and see how beautiful our enhancements turned out.
Guest Experience Manger

Reviewed 29 October 2011

We had a really bad stay at Delano hotel in middle of October. We stay 2 nights and we were not able to sleep from 1am to 7am.... We informed the front desk 3 times and we were move to the top level the last night at 2am... We discovered that the full hotel was in construction... We were in level 5 and the level 6 was full of workers taking out all the carpet and redoing the room. As well the pool, the partial ocean view from our room was with workers doing the painting, in the right side of our room we were able to see and hear construction... A real nightmare.... The good think was the ambiance at the bars,the restaurant, and the fitness room... But again to go there we have to past by a corridor full of workers...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Magali M
brianbean, Guest Relations Manager at Delano South Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2011

Please accept my sincere apologies for your recent experience at Delano. We are rapidly moving through our renovation and have already seen how amazing the end result will be.
We are aware that the renovation has had an adverse impact on some. We have managed to resolve most issues with guests before they depart, but it is clear we did not reach out to you as we should have - again my apologies
I truly hope I can have you return. I will make every attempt to make sure you have an amazing stay. You will also have a chance to see how beautiful the results of the renovation are.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I haven't stayed at the hotel but have eaten at the Blue Door restaurant which I remember as being good without being overly memorable, but the poolside cocktail bar as a spot for pre-dinner drinks (eating anywhere on Ocean, Collins, Washington etc) is unbeatable. I'd have it as a 'must do' if you're ever in Miami.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Thanks for coming by for a pre dinner cocktail at the pool bar. I hope you have a chance to come back in the next couple weeks to see the renovations to this area which are almost completed.
We are also considering some new and exciting changes to the restaurant. I hope you will return and see the improvements there as well.