“Great Hotel!”

Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach
Ranked #154 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My stay at this hotel was absolutely amazing. It was affordable, eco-friendly, clean, and the overall ambiance was great. Everything actually looks just like the pictures! The front desk arranged our travel to and from the airport, gave great directions of good places to eat, bus schedules, hottest clubs, the whole nine. I'll be back in Miami in a few months for another vacation and i'll definitely be staying here!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Taylor D
Matthew C, General Manager at Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Taylor D, Thanks for such a great review!! We are glad you have chosen to make Clifton your new home when is South Beach. We can't wait to see you next month!

There are newer reviews for Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Not sure why there are so many less than stellar reviews of Clifton Hotel. My friend and I stayed there for two nights and we really liked it! Considering the awesome location and budget-friendly price, I'm not sure why people are expecting a 5 star hotel when you're not paying 5 star hotel prices.

Clifton exceeded are expectations--it was clean, cute, had an iPod dock, standard amenities like soap/shampoo/beach towels, and to our surprise, you have access to their sister hotel's pool just a couple blocks away. All the staff were very friendly, and that's what made the stay so enjoyable. I did notice the walls are indeed fairly thin but I'd imagine that's not a problem unless you go during prime party season (which we did not, and we slept great). If you're worried about that, bring ear plugs and don't let that stop you from staying at Clifton!

The only reason they're not getting a 5 star rating from me is that I left my coat in the room and came back to get it after checking out and they had already gotten rid of it. I mean, that's really my own fault and I can't blame them but I was surprised they didn't have a better system for lost and found items. So don't leave anything behind!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

IrisVK, Thanks for the Awsome review!! We are so glad you found us to be everything you needed and more.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Managed to get a last minute booking for two nights at the Clifton Hotel. Reception staff were very helpful and accommodating, even managed to organise a room for early check-in. Rooms are clean and comfortable with air conditioning. Our bathroom was rather small but had a decent shower although very poor lighting. The location is really great near 14th street and a block from South Beach. Within easy walking distance of Espanola Way and Lincoln Road which are full of bars and restaurants (these can also be found on Ocean Drive South Beach which is also close by). Valet parking is available for a fee but there is a car park on 13th which offers much better rates. Free wifi which was great. Resort fee includes use of swimming pool and fitness centre at the sister hotel....oh and 2 bottles of water! A good hotel in a great area for the price....I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SussieP
Matthew C, General Manager at Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Thank you for the Excellent review! We are always happy to accommodate our guests with early checkin when possible i am so glad you found the Clifton to be so Great!!
Come back and see us anytime.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I found the Hotel Clifton in South Beach to be fantastic, and in particular, the staff. I was only there for 1 night, so dealt mainly with the night supervisor, who was fabulous in recommending me places to eat, advising me of the bus schedule for the airport and giving me general information about the area. I had no issues with my room - it was fairly big based on the other hotels I've been to (although I haven't travelled in the USA or Canada before, so unsure how it compares to those areas generally). The bathroom was well equipped, the room had 2 bottles of water (part of the hotel resort fee). I do agree that the walls are a little thin, but I didn't have a problem with the noise.
I was a little thrown off by the lighting too (particularly the red lighting) but it turns off easily enough.
Very good for a stopover in Miami. Location is excellent too, so I guess good for a longer stay also.

Room Tip: If you are worried about walking up the stairs, ask for a room on the ground floor or first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Matthew C, General Manager at Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

VanessaB,

Thank you for the Fantastic review, I am very glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff was so helpful. Come back and see us anytime!!

Reviewed 20 February 2012

After reading the terrible reviews, I wasn't expecting much of the Clifton. But we were pleasantly surprised and did enjoy our stay.

To start, the location is awesome. It's right near the 14th street entrance to South Beach public beach, and it's within walking distance of everything. The staff were incredibly kind (Andrew at the front desk was awesome). There's a municipal parking garage right next door that's just $20/night so you don't have to pay the $27/night valet fee (the valet just parks them in that garage anyway).

The free Wifi was strong and reliable, except for one blip. We'd read that the walls are thin and rooms are noisy, but our room was in the back on the first floor and we didn't have any problems. We sleep with a white-noise machine anyway, so that probably helped. A simple solution (free app on your iPhone). The facilities were very nice - comfortable beds, neat materials, nice big TV. It's what I would've expected in South Beach - after all, they're really old buildings packed like sardines onto a tiny island. We enjoyed having 2 bottles of water in our room each day (about all we got for our $12.50/night resort fee, honestly).

And the cons: the lighting in the rooms is terrible. The light above the mirror in the bathroom shines on the back of your head, so putting make-up on is impossible. You can't open the windows because you're literally 5 feet from the building (and windows) next door - privacy is an issue. So you have to rely on the room lighting, which is awful. One overhead ceiling fan light and a small reading light. Not enough.

There's also no 'vanity' or place to set your make-up bag or hair stuff or or or ... the use of space in the rooms is quite bad. The bathroom is big, but the sink and shower are tightly packed on one side so there's a big open area (no hooks for towels or robes either). Weird. So those things are minor annoyances - but would be more important if we were there longer than a weekend.

There's no dresser to speak of, yet there's room for a big full-length mirror (but no where to set anything down). The beds are low platform beds - swanky but impractical, especially when there are no chairs in the room and you have to use the beds to sit on- it's tough to sit that low.

We didn't use the fitness facilities or pool at the sister hotel up the street, so can't comment on those. We did enjoy the staff and location very much and if appropriately priced, would probably stay here again if we ever go back to Miami Beach (doubtful - it's just not our vibe).

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back if you want quiet. Upstairs is also best if you don't want to hear e...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BigSea05

BigSea05,

Thanks for the good review, Your review is very insightful and I believe will be helpful to other travelers. We appericite our guest comments and you'll be happy to know we are in the proccess of adding brighter lighting and more storage spaces for our guests.
Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you next time!!