Beachcraft
Description: Chef Tom Colicchio makes his Miami debut with Beachcraft. Dine inside with a view of the open kitchen, where organic ingredients, like locally caught fish, are on the menu. Or sit outside and overlook Collins Avenue.
Reviewed 10 March 2017

My friends and I had a Saturday night dinner is this fabulous restaurant. The ambiance was exquisite with a wood fire open kitchen and warm amber colored lighting. We started with raw bar where we enjoyed mouth watering fresh Kumamoto oysters and the plumpest stone crab claws we had ever tasted. We then sampled wood fired roasted mushroom flatbread at the recommendation of our server and it was also absolutely delicious. Each bite was cheesy, earthy, smoky perfection. Our entree was the dry aged rib eye for two and it was not only cooked perfectly, tasted spectacular but also the presentation made it a feast for the eyes as well. I would recommend this restaurant for all the foodies out there who love a riff on classic American cuisine and who crave high quailty ingredients prepared by skilled woodfire chefs. It's a good one.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I informed the waiter about my allergies but the NY-strip steak was still served on a cream containing one of these allergens. Luckily I asked the waiter if the sauce really did not contain dairy, and it did. They took in the plate, removed the cream and served the same steak! I had to ask them to prepare a new steak.

When I finally got the allergen-free steak it tasted good and so did the lamb fat potatoes.

Overall service felt a bit nonchalant. My gf had to ask twice for the wine list, stating that she wanted to order wine for the main dish. When she finally got the wine list the food has been served long time before and the waiter just left her with the list to run away and came back minutes later to ask if she wanted to order wine.

Given the the price-level of this restaurant we expected more.

On the plus side the manager apologized and the restaurant didn't charge for the NY-strip. This saved them to a 3-star rating from us, even though we would much rather pay the full amount and add more tip for a better experience. After all we were only on south beach for 1 night.

1  Thank Daniel L
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

When weather caused the cancellation of my outdoor dinner plans for three clients, two of whom don't live in Florida, I knew I had to score a higher end dining experience that captured the ambience of South Beach.

Beachcraft delivered an exquisite culinary encounter that my clients are still talking about days later. The service provided by our server Mindi was so exceptional that my clients attempted to hire her!

Our dining sojourn began with a selection of east and west coast oysters, octopus with avocado and black chili and an order of veal and ricotta meatballs. Delectable delights!

My dinner consisted of duck breast with carrot foie purée, Swiss chard, beets and cherry jus. I asked for the duck to be cooked medium-well...and the chef was completely on-point.

My guests savored the black bass with Brussels, truffle and mushroom jus.

A selection of post-dinner desserts was so good it should have been illegal.

Dinner was augmented by two bottles of the 1994 Beaulieu Cabernet Sauvignon. While 1994 was not a hot year for California cabs, the vintage was moderate and 22 years later the wine enjoyed a tart complexity we found rich, earthy and lush.

We added to that a tasting of local craft beers...and some post-dinner port.

On a scale of 1 to 10, we give Beachcraft a 14. We'll be back.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Located in the 1 hotel , we had an awesome meal and it has a great fun vibe!Food is consistent and a good value compared to other south beach restaurants. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 7 March 2017

The brunch was great, restaurant was very clean, great staff and design was 100/100. I did the buffet and there was so much to choose from and the omelet was especially good.