“Excellent place to stay”

Churchill Suites Monte Carlo Miami Beach
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I spent a weekend in September and loved my stay. I usually stay at my trusted hotel chain where I earn rewards but will never do that again when in Miami. The staff from booking to checkout was wonderful. The property is well kept and very spacious. This is my new favorite place.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Janeen T, Manager at Churchill Suites Monte Carlo Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for your kind review L A! We're so glad you stayed with us and found the staff to be wonderful from booking to checkout. It's nice to hear this is your new favorite place in Miami. Thanks again and we hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The suite was on the 16th floor facing the ocean. Clean and priced well for the size and location. Good place to stay with children of all ages. Two pools and walk out to the beach. The jacuzzi was out of order. There is a boardwalk where the kids may ride bike and adults can take a stroll. Billiard pool for older kids and gym. Second time staying here and will come back again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Janeen T, Manager at Churchill Suites Monte Carlo Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you for your kind review, Roxy030754! We're so glad you came back a second time to enjoy the building and location, apartment suite, pools, beach, and boardwalk. We are sorry the hot tub was out of order while you were there. It was back to working order very soon after. It was a pleasure hosting you in the past and we look forward to hosting you for a THIRD time in the near future!

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Planned a 5 day vacation booked my vacation apartment a month in advance through Expedia drove from Virginia to Miami overnight with four kids ages 10 5 and twins that are two reach to the hotel for check in at 4 p.m. only because I've read reviews and heard they will not let you check in early even though I just drove 15 hours to reach there get to the hotel to pick up my apartment keys and check in only to find out I have no reservations I was sent an email previous 5 days earlier to tell me everything is good to go and how I would go about checking in and getting my keys for some reason I had a gut feeling and tried calling on that Sunday but there was no one available on Saturday or Sunday to talk to me but knowing that I had called a week earlier and everything was okay I felt no need to since I planned my trip a month in advance to make a long story short No Reservations for me for an apartment no explanation why no rooms available for me for a 4-night stay Oceanfront which I had planned I did stay two nights after a three-hour set in Brian's office upstairs floor 602 which he is the manager for Churchill I was very disappointed in the very poor customer service as I work for a 4-star hotel and I have never been treated so poorly my kids and my husband we're sitting in the car the whole time I was in his office trying to figure things out remember this was after a 15-hour drive from Virginia and all I wanted to do was sleep my brother did set my reservation up and to get me in a room he did go ahead and pay through Expedia for two nights no discount nothing complimentary nothing thinking that it was cancelled on my end but to get to the bottom of everything I called to figure out what happened and they told me that the hotel rejected a payment from Expedia that sometimes this happens when rooms are overbooked so you would think that day would have done something about it but nothing at first my trip altogether was going to be a total of 1300 something for 4 nights Oceanfront but they were unavailable to accommodate me for a four night Oceanfront so we paid $680 for two nights first which was Oceanfront there was nothing available for 2 more Oceanfront nights and I did check all the sites that were available for Oceanfront the only thing that was available was a $1,300 one night stay Oceanfront let me save this is the same building almost the same Apartments just different names different floors and different prices there's 10 different companies please beware when you book your reservation to shop around 6551 Collins Avenue has 10 different companies in one building after my two nights day Oceanfront that I paid for I paid another $1,100 and booked with azur same company this room end up being a little bigger but was four hundred more dollars for two nights than my original Oceanfront room so we took it we were able to check in early women from one room at 12:30 to another room right after the room was not ready yet but we were moved in anyways I can't think of the ladies name it was Italian I believe she was very sweet and helpful told me I would get a better deal if I put a book through her and she gave us a bottle of wine for our inconvenience remember this is the same company and she told me that valet was $15 a day and a rollaway bed was $30 a day and she waved both of those fees for me Churchill where I stayed the first two nights they said that valet was free and that my crib was also free my after it all said and done I came to relax with my family had everything planned out a perfect hotel for my family knowing that I need lots of room because I have four kids under 10 my husband and I and we wanted to have the convenience of cooking and in our apartment we enjoyed the beach the pool was amazing the valet was on top of it but I was very upset with how my visit went the front desk cannot tell you anything they're worthless when it comes to knowing your reservation speaking to you about it or anything I had to go to 6th floor 8th floor to speak to someone each time I had no valid number so when I needed to move rooms I had to walk down stairs walk back upstairs call the front desk which they never answered had to come back downstairs it was just a bit of a hassle This Is My overall experience I would give the hotel a 8 out of 10 for being clean and well maintenance no one spoke English here except for the managers and the valet and people at the front desk all they housekeepers did not speak English I would like to give this hotel at 10 if everything went as planned but unfortunately I paid way too much out-of-pocket when I pre booked my reservation a month in advance to save nearly $500 but the hotel cancelled my Expedia reservation due to overbooking my check and date was on the 10th it was cancelled on the 7th no phone call or anything just drove to find out there was nothing available for me for 4 nights they could not accommodate me

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Victoria S
Reviewed 8 June 2017

My wife engagement ring was stolen the very last day of our stay. We stay 10 days in this so called " Luxury Aparthotel", beautiful accommodation and location, Front desk and valet Staff very gentil.

In the other hand housekeeping staff not reliable, my wife left both "engagement and wedding band ring" on the night table. Unfortunately we checkout at 8:00 am and she realize her rings were left at apartment 1604. She called immediately when she found out (11:00am), manager check the room but the cleaning was already done. He got the chance to look in the laundry bag and there It was one of the ring. The 2500$ engagement ring is still missing, we cannot understand how come 1 of the ring was found and not the other one.

Important: ROOMS ARE NOT SECURE...no digital key, no cameras. Regular old keys are used to open the doors, anyone could make a copy and enter without knowing.
Police came by but no report could be done since there was no videos, no records on room entries etc..
Housekeepers admit that: staff enter the rooms after checkouts (valets etc..) and take tips and grocery remaining, all that said : there is no security, this property is not safe.And anyone can enter the rooms once the guest arent there.

Even after checkouts, if you are staying in a luxury property (300$ per night from 26may to 5jun) you should get the service you're paying ..property should have security, better room keys, they should employ train staff and check them in and out everyday.

They should have a inssurance and they should respond to their clients.

Im waiting for the company to contact me and resolve this now, I believe because of the reputation IF they want to stay as "a trustworthy and safe place to stay" that they will do whatever they can to resolve this claim.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dariohurtado06
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I spend 10 days in this beautiful aparthotel, my checkout was today Jun 5 2017 at 8:00 am, at the airport I realize i left my wedding ring and engagament ring on the bed side table. The Manager Bryan who was extremely kind found my wedding ring but the engagement ring worth 2500$ did not appear!
There were only 2 housekeepers in the floor, they both clean my room and claim they havent seen my rings. They accused the general staff ( valets, front desk and other workers) to have also access to the rooms and that I hasnt been the first time that tips are missing and grocery items too....
For a 300$ + tax + cleaning night hotel this is so wrong, Im still expecting the property to respond for my valuable ring. This was my 1 year anniversary and the 3000$ I spend staying at Churchill Montecarlo hasnt offer me the response I need.
Police came too and since there is no video they didnt want to search any further, neither the rooms or the staff that clean and enter the rooms those 2 hours .
Please dont go, your personal items should be safe even after checkout. No client was in that room so the hotel needs to respond for his staff.
Valets and front desk were so kind all the time, Bryan the concierge manager too and his co-workers Delmis. Thank you all I hope you can find the responsable.

Room Tip: Not to go! Not safe