All reviews places to eat nearby poor wifi budget hotel nice pool quiet area in south beach publix
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I think I may have booked this hotel in error. I had been looking at a hotel on hotels.com which was closer to the sea - but ended up in this place - which is a motel - with own door apartments. We arrived late in the evening - having traveled from Europe. The reception wasn't staffed and we had to go look for the staff. No breakfast - other than in the vending machine [no thanks]. The receptionist told us were our room was. No porter - we carried 3 x very heavy cases upstairs and opened the door on the external balcony to discover no bed for our son and a kitchenette with no furniture and a smell of mustiness covered up with strong detergent.

The place did look clean -but I was very uncomfortable there. Of course - I then checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor - thinking - how did I book this place -and I saw other similar reviews to my own. The windows are not double glazed - and our room was facing out on to a busy street. Didn't sleep a wink with trucks trundling down the road at all hours - and the garbage disposal trucks started very early. As if that wasn't enough noise - there was a really old air conditioning unit adjacent to the bed - which we could not control - and it switched on and off all night - with a rumble each time. We were delighted to check out the following morning. The receptionist the following day - kindly allowed us to store our luggage in the room while we went out to get breakfast - and he also ordered us a taxi. He was helpful - but I won't be staying there again. We paid $260 for the night. In Dublin - I could have stayed at the Merrion for that money. [overpriced for a motel style hotel]

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MaryMacDublin
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 of our planned 6 nights. We left today after finding COCKROACHES in the BED. Management was unhelpful as we were told the Hotel Manager was "on her day off." They refused to refund us, and only offered to let us stay in another room (no thanks-- where there's one roach, there's bound to be tons more!) STAY AWAY from this ROACH INFESTED hotel!!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank Brianna B
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Located in a quiet area where there are no bars or restaurants. For that you will have to go either 10 streets south or north. As mentioned before hotel might be a bit older, however it is perfectly fine for visiting Miami Beach.
The Miami Beach trolley bus stop is just outside and runs every 20 min to take you to south beach.
Parking is free and never any problem finding a spot.
Beach is less than 5 min away and reception can lend you towels, chairs and umbrella to take with you.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 night at Beach Place and it was really good. The room was big, clean. The bed really confortable and the receptionist were nice and helpful.
I recommend this hotel and if I go back to Miami I will stay there again

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017

A bit on the old side, but this is a charming hotel/motel, the rooms are a bit outdated but clean and everything works fine, there is a very nice pool with enough space to sit around and cool off, there is parking space around the building and when you stay you'll get a permit for it, the staff (Luis and Helen) are very nice and helpfull (thanks guys) they offer you chairs, an umbrella and towels for the beach, there are more than enough places to eat nearby, the only thing we didn't like was the poor wifi

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple