1,440 results
All reviews rooftop pool ocean drive front desk south beach main building full kitchen living room happy hour balcony noise miami bellman bartender stove cruise
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I scheduled this trip back in June, they charged my credit card $700 the same day i made the reservations. Unfortunately, i wasn't able to make it due to the Hurricane in September. I called to get a refund and got a very unprofessional young lady named Samantha. I asked to speak with the manager and she said he was not available and wasn't sure when he'd be back to keep trying my luck until i was able to reach him. After days and multiple attempts to get a hold of someone i called the website i booked the hotel thru and they were able to connect me with someone in the hotel. They granted my refund and said it would take 17 days for it to go back into my account. here i am over 30 days later, ive called the hotel over 20 times in the past week and i still have not heard back from anyone. CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!! STAFF SUCKS!!!

I had to dispute my charge thru my Bank because Congress would not return my calls or Money...Horrible just Horrible customer service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed for 5 nights over Labour Day weekend. Great location opposite the Beach and in the middle of the restaurant Strip. Had a room at the rear of the property and still had a small water view. Worried about noise but it was not a problem. The suite was OK a, quite spacious but there were some maintenance issues. Poorly repaired dry wall, sliding doors to bathroom that would not shut etc. Big let down was the roof top pool. It was so hot it was not pleasant getting into it. The view from the rooftop pool/bar was exceptional. Had a strange habit of taking in the shade umbrellas in the afternoon leaving you there to sit in the sun for a couple of hours. Also ran out of towels for use on the beach/pool area one day. Some of the staff were friendly , sometimes we were ignored by reception staff while they finished their mobile phone conversations. We arrived very early on the first day from a cruise and were able to get in the room by 1100 am. Overall I love the location . The hotel was OK and certainly good value for that area. May stay there again or we may see what some of the other hotels are like in future

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Don't know where to start really. Check in was 4.00pm and we arrived at 2.30pm, we were told to come back in 1 hour which we did and found the receptionist had changed and we were now being dealt with by some gobby girl who couldn't find our booking at all. After I persona;lly searched thought the booking cards she made contact with the bellman (ha) and we were shown to our room.

We were allocated a front facing Ocean Drive room in the old building of the hotel. Wow you may think an ocean facing room well that's where the wow ends. The room was in terrible condition, threadbare carpets, leaking A/C, mold in the sink, the bathroom was awful, no cleaning under the rim of the sink, black mold everywhere just awful.

We had booked the room for four people with two people to share the bed in the bedroom and two people to share the sofa bed in the living area trouble was the only bedding we were given for sofa bed was one blanket and no sheets. Thank god we were only staying for one night.

And the final insult was the noise coming from the bar next door. Fair enough you might say what do you expect you are on Ocean Drive? Well I expect to be able to close the windows, turn up the TV and drop off to sleep, no chance at this place as the windows did not shut, boom boom boom til 3.00am. (see pictures).

We booked this place well in advance and at the time of booking the reviews were quite good but as you can see the reviews have taken a serious nosedive so maybe a lesson learned about booking so far ahead. The also have the cheek to charge you $15.50 pp resort fee and $15 service charge for god knows what and then have no beach towels available to use.

So do yourself a favour and stay well away from this place. Shame really as the roof top over looking Ocean Drive and the beach is quite nice.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank EllsBells14
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Based on all the negative feedback given on this hotel the last months, I was extremely skeptical before arriving (I booked the hotel almost a year ago, and don't believe there were that much negative reviews on the hotel back then).
But to us, everything was great (mostly).
We arrived an hour early, but the room (D303) was ready for us.
Naturally, based on several reviews here complaining about filthy rooms, cockroaches, etc., the very first thing I did was turn on the flashlight on my cell and inspect the room. To my pleasant surprise it was 100% clean.
Furthermore I checked all appliances - besides a little bit loose light switch, and a table that was a bit wobbly (@Congress, you may want to check these), everything worked fine (I didn't check the oven). The full size fridge is a perfect feature for families wanting to stock on water, orange juice, snacks, biscuits, fruits, etc.
The TV (and remote) worked perfectly.
The A/C also worked great, and the steady humming from it drowned out most of the noises from the restaurant below - which of course was audible but pretty expected when you book a hotel with an Ocean Drive address...
There were only a single 'milk glass' (but 5-6 shot glasses...) in the cupboard, I asked for one more from the reception but I never received one. No big deal.
The bathroom was clean, and the shower with the rainfall shower head was working and nice.
Wifi worked great, they even have a 5Ghz connection which was useful when video conferencing with my wife back home.
After unpacking we picked up a couple of towels from the reception, and headed up to the rooftop pool.
This was on a Sunday, and there was a small 'crowd' of happy people drinking at the bar and around the pool.
Now, here I can imagine that on Fridays and Saturdays, things can get a bit 'busy'. Even on this Sunday I witnessed several people jumping into the pool with drinks in their hands and wearing flip-flops and t-shirts. All in good spirits, everyone was happy, but from a health perspective maybe the hotel should have a pool master on duty on busy party days making sure the pool stays clean.
The rest of the week (Mon-Thu), when we were up there, all was good and we enjoyed the pool and the lounges.
Next day we picked up towels and a few good tips from the receptionist regarding which part of the beach we should go for, and a big thank you to her for this. We chose the beach across the road for News Cafe which was nice and shallow.
One of the afternoons, when we wanted to end the day by the rooftop pool, the reception had run out of towels which was a bit unfortunate. Maybe you should stock up on towels... ;-)
Checkout was problem free, and I see now that they have charged my credit card exactly what I expected in extra charges - $15.50 per night for me, $20 for sharing the room with my son.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Ocean Drive (if they exist) will be more quiet, I suppose
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank grenness
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

If I could give them zero stars I would!! I have stayed here before and had a great experience, how ever this time around the condo we stayed at was horrific. When we arrived we received our keys and went to the room to find that the key code was broken and someone was already occupying our room, after going to the front desk the issue was resolved and we were able to get our room. When we walked in the room smelled of mold and mildew. That's when we discovered the top of the ceiling was covered with mold by the vents. We contacted the front desk who attempted many times to contact the owners to no avail. They reached out to the maintenance manager, Kim, who we inquired about getting another room with her reply of the hotel was booked. She said she would send her maintenance guy up to take care of it. I advised her maintenance could not just come up and clean up the mold and it be ok. We found holes in the walls and ceiling. All the remotes were missing batteries. The toilet was broken and the rain shower head did not work. The shower was dirty and had hair in it, along with the bathroom sliding door not closing. Kim commenced to argue with me about the cleanliness of the room. The maintenance came and cleaned up the mold with bleach. I called the owners with no returned call! So I emailed them with the pictures of the damage and asked to be compensated for our troubles especially since we were going to have a hard time finding a new location on such short notice. The next day we inquired about the toilet in which I text messaged Kim for assistance. I finally received an email response back from the owners (no calls were made by them) stating I had only called once (even thou the front desk made several attempts to reach them) rob the owner stated he would send Kim over to handle our complaints. I advised them I would be CC'ing my attorney and asking for a charge back on my credit card. We were walking back to our room when Kim came to our floor and started yelling at us saying if we want to file a lawsuit we can get out. Mind you I never mentioned lawsuit I only stated I was advising my attorney on the damage and notifying them of me asking for a refund. Kim continued to yell at us and we finally got her to calm down and to come to our room. She began to say the owner Rob told her I threaten him with a lawsuit and we need to get out. I advised her we would be happy too as long as we got our money back. By this time I was contacting my bank for a charge back. She seemed to calm down and asked what would rectify the situation, I stated a call from the owner would be a start. About 20 mins later Rob called and said there's nothing I can do, you guys can get your money back and can you be out in the next 15 mins because we want to relist the booking. He told us Kim took pictures of the room while we were in there unbeknownst to us, I advised him that we were unaware she was taking pictures and that was against the law to use those pictures without our consent. I have never experienced such a horrible locations, and horrible customer service. I would never recommend staying here!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family