“Grusomt hotell, bare bedrageri”

Suites at Congress Ocean Drive
Ranked #156 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 16 October 2017

A terrible accommodation, with sour and bad receptionists.The accommodation is a lie and deception.
It smells extremely bad in the hallways. The rooms smell a lot of mold and something else that can not be described. You are afraid not to wake up to life the following day!
We were going to have room with a view and the view was right into the brick walls and trash cans. The sliding door could not be locked. There were big nasty stains on the floor, and everything in the kitchen was seedy and disgusting. We tried and changed rooms, but it turned out that all rooms and times smelled as bad and disgusting. We talked to someone who was in a room across the hall. They had been buying buckets and cloths and washed the room !!
Cleaning of rooms is not included and costs expensive. So you might think that many nights stay for several days, and then comes the welfare and will clean for an hour. It is easy to imagine that it will not be clean. But even if things are dirty, the smell is the worst. You must hold your breath when you walk in the hallway to the room. and inside the room there is another smell, which is mold and other. It was even better to turn off the air conditioning ....
We brought three children to this place and they cried and were afraid to be on the spot !!

Room Tip: go to another place!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth T
Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I scheduled this trip back in June, they charged my credit card $700 the same day i made the reservations. Unfortunately, i wasn't able to make it due to the Hurricane in September. I called to get a refund and got a very unprofessional young lady named Samantha. I asked to speak with the manager and she said he was not available and wasn't sure when he'd be back to keep trying my luck until i was able to reach him. After days and multiple attempts to get a hold of someone i called the website i booked the hotel thru and they were able to connect me with someone in the hotel. They granted my refund and said it would take 17 days for it to go back into my account. here i am over 30 days later, ive called the hotel over 20 times in the past week and i still have not heard back from anyone. CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!! STAFF SUCKS!!!

I had to dispute my charge thru my Bank because Congress would not return my calls or Money...Horrible just Horrible customer service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed for 5 nights over Labour Day weekend. Great location opposite the Beach and in the middle of the restaurant Strip. Had a room at the rear of the property and still had a small water view. Worried about noise but it was not a problem. The suite was OK a, quite spacious but there were some maintenance issues. Poorly repaired dry wall, sliding doors to bathroom that would not shut etc. Big let down was the roof top pool. It was so hot it was not pleasant getting into it. The view from the rooftop pool/bar was exceptional. Had a strange habit of taking in the shade umbrellas in the afternoon leaving you there to sit in the sun for a couple of hours. Also ran out of towels for use on the beach/pool area one day. Some of the staff were friendly , sometimes we were ignored by reception staff while they finished their mobile phone conversations. We arrived very early on the first day from a cruise and were able to get in the room by 1100 am. Overall I love the location . The hotel was OK and certainly good value for that area. May stay there again or we may see what some of the other hotels are like in future

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Don't know where to start really. Check in was 4.00pm and we arrived at 2.30pm, we were told to come back in 1 hour which we did and found the receptionist had changed and we were now being dealt with by some gobby girl who couldn't find our booking at all. After I persona;lly searched thought the booking cards she made contact with the bellman (ha) and we were shown to our room.

We were allocated a front facing Ocean Drive room in the old building of the hotel. Wow you may think an ocean facing room well that's where the wow ends. The room was in terrible condition, threadbare carpets, leaking A/C, mold in the sink, the bathroom was awful, no cleaning under the rim of the sink, black mold everywhere just awful.

We had booked the room for four people with two people to share the bed in the bedroom and two people to share the sofa bed in the living area trouble was the only bedding we were given for sofa bed was one blanket and no sheets. Thank god we were only staying for one night.

And the final insult was the noise coming from the bar next door. Fair enough you might say what do you expect you are on Ocean Drive? Well I expect to be able to close the windows, turn up the TV and drop off to sleep, no chance at this place as the windows did not shut, boom boom boom til 3.00am. (see pictures).

We booked this place well in advance and at the time of booking the reviews were quite good but as you can see the reviews have taken a serious nosedive so maybe a lesson learned about booking so far ahead. The also have the cheek to charge you $15.50 pp resort fee and $15 service charge for god knows what and then have no beach towels available to use.

So do yourself a favour and stay well away from this place. Shame really as the roof top over looking Ocean Drive and the beach is quite nice.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank EllsBells14
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Based on all the negative feedback given on this hotel the last months, I was extremely skeptical before arriving (I booked the hotel almost a year ago, and don't believe there were that much negative reviews on the hotel back then).
But to us, everything was great (mostly).
We arrived an hour early, but the room (D303) was ready for us.
Naturally, based on several reviews here complaining about filthy rooms, cockroaches, etc., the very first thing I did was turn on the flashlight on my cell and inspect the room. To my pleasant surprise it was 100% clean.
Furthermore I checked all appliances - besides a little bit loose light switch, and a table that was a bit wobbly (@Congress, you may want to check these), everything worked fine (I didn't check the oven). The full size fridge is a perfect feature for families wanting to stock on water, orange juice, snacks, biscuits, fruits, etc.
The TV (and remote) worked perfectly.
The A/C also worked great, and the steady humming from it drowned out most of the noises from the restaurant below - which of course was audible but pretty expected when you book a hotel with an Ocean Drive address...
There were only a single 'milk glass' (but 5-6 shot glasses...) in the cupboard, I asked for one more from the reception but I never received one. No big deal.
The bathroom was clean, and the shower with the rainfall shower head was working and nice.
Wifi worked great, they even have a 5Ghz connection which was useful when video conferencing with my wife back home.
After unpacking we picked up a couple of towels from the reception, and headed up to the rooftop pool.
This was on a Sunday, and there was a small 'crowd' of happy people drinking at the bar and around the pool.
Now, here I can imagine that on Fridays and Saturdays, things can get a bit 'busy'. Even on this Sunday I witnessed several people jumping into the pool with drinks in their hands and wearing flip-flops and t-shirts. All in good spirits, everyone was happy, but from a health perspective maybe the hotel should have a pool master on duty on busy party days making sure the pool stays clean.
The rest of the week (Mon-Thu), when we were up there, all was good and we enjoyed the pool and the lounges.
Next day we picked up towels and a few good tips from the receptionist regarding which part of the beach we should go for, and a big thank you to her for this. We chose the beach across the road for News Cafe which was nice and shallow.
One of the afternoons, when we wanted to end the day by the rooftop pool, the reception had run out of towels which was a bit unfortunate. Maybe you should stock up on towels... ;-)
Checkout was problem free, and I see now that they have charged my credit card exactly what I expected in extra charges - $15.50 per night for me, $20 for sharing the room with my son.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Ocean Drive (if they exist) will be more quiet, I suppose
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family