Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach
US$424
US$330
US$238
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$531
US$436
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$252
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
US$307
US$576
US$466
Travelocity
1,903 results
All reviewsnikki beach clubdiamond membersouth beachwest towerocean drivemarble floorsjoe's stone crabsouth endpartial ocean viewcity viewfull kitchenone bedroom suitepool areafront desk staffan upgradebeach chairscorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Hubby got us this hotel for the start of our vacation before going on a cruise using his Hilton Honors points. He traveled alot for business to rack up the points necessary to get this hotel for just one night so even though we didn't pay any money for the room, we paid for it with a lot of nights apart and him on the road. We were very excited because it was listed as a Category 7 out of 8 property.

We arrived about 45 minutes before check in time and the person at the desk told us that our room was still being cleaned and would be ready by check in time. We killed some time on the beach and then came back at check in time. Front desk staff seemed to have disappeared and when they did reappear, we were informed that our room wasn't ready still.

We finally got in our room about 15 minutes later. It also felt like it took us 15 minutes to get to the room. It seems as if the hotel is actually two buildings that were connected at a later date requiring staircases and circuitous routes to actually get to our room. Once we did get there, though, the room was pretty awesome. There was a partial view of the ocean from the balcony.

Bed was comfy (but squeaky even when I just sat on my side of the bed), bathroom was quite nice and there was a separate living room area with a kitchen. We got a great dinner recommendation from the concierge and had a lovely evening.

The next morning, we were awoken by the sound of a bed squeaking ... a lot ... above us. Apparently, our bed was not the only one that squeaked. I got up and went walking and when I returned I lounged around with hubby. Mind you, it was still about 2 hours before check out time. From my vantage point on the bed, I thought it was odd, then, when the door to our room opened since no one had knocked (or if they had, we didn't hear it) and there was the housekeeper all ready to clean our room. We were very polite to inform her that we weren't quite ready to leave and then I made sure to lock the door. I was very surprised that this happened at a Hilton, let alone one that usually charges upwards of $400 a night.

We checked out on time, informed the desk clerk of our intrusion and went on with the rest of the day.

Positives: the bell hops are AWESOME at getting you a cab on a Saturday. The GM hosted a reception for Hilton Honors members with free Mojitos and empanadas both of which were also awesome. Location was great with easy access to the beach and good dining all around.

Overall, I was disappointed with our visit. The property location is great, the pool looked spectacular, but the service problems, squeaky beds and the just plain weirdness of the set up were the deal killers.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2011

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience with the AAA 4 Diamond Hilton Bentley in great detail. I am pleased you were satisfied with the hotel’s location, bellman & concierge service, and pool. Please accept our apologies for our intrusion into your room upon checkout, ultimately affecting your overall experience. I have forwarded your comments to the team. Certainly, it is unacceptable for housekeeping to enter a room for service without knocking first. Though an exception for us, this point has been reaffirmed. Thank you for your feedback on “squeaky beds.” We are examining this point as well.

Reviewers, please note the following: Check in time at the Hilton Bentley is at 4:00pm. Check out time is at 11:00am. We have two towers (east and west) about 20 meters apart from each other (20 second walk), accessible to each other from a 4th floor terrace walkway or on our lobby level. The hotel offers our famous mojitos during every Friday GM's Happy Hour at our lobby bar, compliments to our HHonors registered guests. The picture posted on this review depicts a view we categorize as “city view” (though it does has a partial ocean view).

John Laclé, Hilton Bentley Leadership Team

Reviewed 10 April 2011

From the moment we arrived the staff was extremely helpful and friendly to our family. Since I was traveling with my kids I asked for a larger room and the front desk helped me get a room with a sofa bed and full kitchen. Valet and bellman were very helpful getting us settled - I feel I tipped more at this hotel than others, but it was totally justified by the excellent service and treatment we received. We spent the majority of our time at the beach, so the pool was exactly what we needed to cool off. Although the location was a little too far to walk to Lincoln Road with young kids, it was no big deal because public parking near all the restaurants was only $1.50/hr. I'd definitely stay here again since the hotel made a great first impression.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2011

My wife and I recently spent four nights at the Hilton Bentley Hotel in South Beach, Miami, Florida. We really liked this hotel and will stay there again for certain. The location is near the southern tip of Miami Beach which means it is in a quieter area than other hotels further north. That was a real blessing since we were in Miami during college spring break - by staying here we avoided most spring breakers and almost all of the break-time noise! The rooms are grand with great ocean or city views - quiet, clean and roomy. The restaurant is fine and it sits right by the pool and private sunning area.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I wanted to get away for a few days this past weekend to a warmer climate and wanted to try South Beach. The room rates were over $625 a night when I booked the trip and had a free night certificate from a promo with hilton last year and burned 100K for the other two nights so I got a great rate of the Q3FN certirficate and points. The hotel was great for free, but not sure if it worth $625+ a night or not (and there were a couple conventions going on, spring break time for some so it is possible the other SOBE hotels were that expensive and didn't check).

I checked in around 7 p.m. Thursday and there was no wait and the clerk was very friendly and had my breakfast vouchers already printed. When I booked the room, originally only an accessible room was available on points for my final night, and hilton had to split the reservation, but he told me he would be able to keep me in the same room all three nights and explained I would still get two portfolios and would have to check in saturday morning to get a voucher for sunday and to have them recode my room key card. The other girl that was working the front desk had a great memory and addressed me by name every time I walked past the desk.

I got to my room and it was nice. I love the balcony (was great to sit out on at night), it has a mini bar with fridge you can put outside items in and the room is pretty good size. One the counter there was an envelope with a letter welcoming me as a hilton diamond member along with 2 bottles of water (the expensive stuff in glass bottles with a bottle top) and a bottle of red wine, which I thought was great.

The beach access is great. And you can charge beach chairs to your room and they have attendants that will come and take food orders and beverage service. I thought the service there was a little slow, but to be fair to them they had to take the orders and go back to the hotel and return. The pool is also very nice but the pool service I feel wasn't very good as far as keeping out towels and changing chair covers.

They offer HHonors members free mojitos on fridays from 5 to 6 in their bar along with free appetizers, all of which was good. The breakfast buffett I would rate as just average, but they did have an omellette chef, and had quite a few ingrediants on the omlette bar and it was cool dining poolside if you wanted and they serve breakfast until 11 every day. I ate breakfast there the first two mornings and my last day I wanted something different and decided to try sunday brunch at one of the places on ocean, there are plenty of great places for breakfast on weekends if you don't want to eat at the hotel.

The location is great if you don't mind walking. There are plenty of bars and restaraunts up ocean and I love to walk and liked the walk to the Lincoln shopping area, but if you don't like to walk you can just walk over 2 short blocks to washington and for only 25 cents take the local shuttle.

They would only give me a checkout until noon, but they were totally booked, so that was understanable and they held my luggage and allowed me pool access until I had to leave for my flight and gave me a key to the gym so I could shower and change.

The internet was very good and worked at the pool

A couple minor things that I didn't like but that wouldn't stop me from giving the hotel 5 stars.

1. No ice machines on the floor. Luckilly the rooms have fridges but my ice tray was empty so it was a minor incovenience but I am sure i could have gone down to the bar and gotten more ice.

2. As another poster mentioned the shower doors don't latch and I ended up with a lot of water on my floor so be sure to get extra towels because you will have a puddle of water on your floor. I am 6'1 so this wasn't a big deal, but there is only one small shelf in the shower and it was up to my nose, so for someone that is shorter, I could see this being a problem. While the shower pressure was good, there is no control over the pressure of the water and the shower head also isn't available to be used as a hand held which would be nice for rinsing off shoes, etc after the beach.

3. The pool is only open until 7. It would have been nice if it was open a little later.

There were a couple items though that prevented me from giving this review a 5 instead of a 4 :

1. The pool service isn't that great. The bartender was friendly but the service of the "pool butlers" was TOO slow. On my first day I ordered a drink from the bar and one of the pool butlers asked me in the future to order directly from them. That would be fine except they don't come around very often and are hard to find. Saturday night I decided to go for a swim around 5. They are awful about replacing the chair covers and the pool towels. None of the free chairs had pool towels on them or covers. I really didn't care about a cover since I wasn't going to be using the chair but wanted a towel and asked an employee working as a pool butler for one and she said she would bring me one and put it on a chair. I stepped out of the pool later for a few minutes to grab a drink of water and no towel and asked another employee. I finished my swim and still no towel so I just went to the bar aned asked for one. The person I asked couldn't find a twowel and ended up giving my a pool chair cover to dry off with.

2. I had AWFUL service in the bar Thursday night when I first arrived and this issue along with the issue at the pool are the only two things stopping me from giving this hotel a 5 instead of a 4. I was dining alone and decided to just eat at the bar since I had great things about the place and wanted cuban food. I sat down and the bar wasn't busy at all that night and the bartender was texting away on his cell phone and another employee saw me waiting and told the bartender he had a customer. He came over and asked me if I wanted anything to drink and I asked for a menu. The menu looked good but was a little overpriced but a lot of hotel restaraunts are, especially in a place like SOBE. I found something that looked good to drink and also eat and and put down the menu and he was at the other end of the bar texting again and didn't even notice I was ready to order. I really didn't want to shout to him and didn't feel I should have to get up to get his attention and after 5 minutes I just walked out.

I mentioned something to the front desk clerk and asked for area recomendations, and she was very understanding and offered to call into the restraraunt, but I just wanted to eat and was in the mood to enjoy the weather.. I found a lot of place down on ocean and just ate at the news cafe on ocean and 8th (would recomend it to anyone staying there and it was where versace had his last meal at).

In all fairness to the bar on Friday night when they had the free mojitos and appetizers I stopped back in and the staff was GREAT at the bar. The staff working breakfast there the two mornings I ate there were also good and the omlette chef working friday breakfast was especially friendly.

If I return to Miami and can use points again, or if the hotel prices are in line with other similar hotels in the area, I wouldn't have a problem staying there again and recomend the property.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jamie P
HiltonBentley, Director of Sales at Hilton Bentley Miami/South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2011

Hello,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to describe your experience with us in great detail. We very much appreciate the sincere feedback. I have shared your comments with our team.

As you had experienced, we appreciate our loyal HHonors Diamond Members. It is especially gratifying to learn the overall service given by the hotel met your expectations.

Thank you for your feedback regarding ice machines and shower doors. Both issues are being addressed.

Thank you for your constructive feedback on our slow pool service and unacceptable service at our bar. Both of these issues have been addressed.

Again, thank you very much for your time. We hope to welcome you back to South Beach soon.

Warm regards, John
Hilton Bentley Leadership Team

Reviewed 24 March 2011

I usually rent a condo in SoFI for a month stay but since it was a quick getaway decided to stay here since visiting it last year. From the moment we were greeted by Gillian at the front desk you knew it was a 5 Star Hotel/Condo. Everyone went out of there way to be kind and professional. The room(800 sq ft.) had a spectacular view. It is also very DOG FRIENDLY. My 6 lb pooch felt at home. The only noise was if someone slammed a door. Restaurant staff for breakfast was amazing. Beach Butlers Jeniffer and her manager were also outstanding. The concierge was so sweet to print our boarding tickets. Nothing was a problem.
My one suggestion would be to get better pillows for the bed.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your gracious feedback. We are proud of our beautiful hotel and especially take pride in the service we provide to our guests. I have shared your feedback with Jennifer and Gillian.

Warm regards,