See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Stayed 4 nights at Ocean Spray. It was overall a positive experience. the room was spacious with lots of natural light. The staff was ok. I'm not a fan of Subway so the fact that there's one in the lobby was a bit offputting (strong smell of fast food at all times). But again, in general this is a good place to stay for a couple of nights. It's really close to the beach and well connected to Miami and South Beach (buses and trolleys)

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I was considering staying here for a week and I'm so glad I didn't
Ended up moving here cause I had to stay an extra few days. I only booked one night and ended up moving the next day to a WAY BETTER PLACE for cheaper! The contrast was day and night!

The check-in was slow and gave me a weird feeling. The guy photocopied my passport and my friend's passport who was just going to hang out with me for a few hours before his flight!

The lobby was either under renovation or was falling to pieces, I couldn't tell.

The room was kind of dirty, the bathroom seemed like a gas station, the AC barely worked. I was so afraid to use their wifi, I used roaming data. The door had to be lifted and jiggled in order for it to latch close. Good thing my friend accidentally pushed it open as we were leaving.

It's located on North Beach, which is quieter and has less to do.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank matthewn996
Reviewed 16 March 2018

I stayed in room 609 for 5 nights recently which was booked through air b&b. The positives first. Great location for the North Beach. I was at a convention at the Fontainebleau which was 5 mins away so excellent. However, South Beach proper is 5km south and getting there involves taking a bus, walking along the boardwalk, or using Uber at about $15 each way. The external facade has the art deco look and also quite a grandiose lobby which fits in with the look. The ground floor is dominated by the subway which is convenient for food/drinks and is open 7 am to mid-night. The front desk was always manned and I found everyone I encountered very helpful. There is free wifi offered but I found it did not work more often than not. I had a TEP wifi with me which covered those times. Room 609 was just by the lift so a bit noisey. TV, fridge all present. No view outside as a tall tower block dominated the view and you just about saw some of the blue of the sea if you strained your neck. The whole room was very dated and for Europeans the price for the quality of what you get is a shock. Everything was clean but it all looked a bit grubby and the sort of place you would expect to spend £40 per night not $140. The fact of the matter is that this area is surrounded by heritage hotels with astronomical prices and this is what you get if you want to pay less than $360 per night reduced room rate I was quoted for the Fontainebleau.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2018

No hot water uncontrollable air conditioning staff hiding away.How very sad that places like this are allowed to stay open . It must just mean that supervision and rating in Miami must be suspect.I felt that the lift was dangerous. The subway restaurant in the entrance is the main feature of the hotel . It should be advertised as a subway restauarnt with room attached that don't do hot water.

Room Tip: Sstay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Hotel location is good
The only restaurant they have is a Subway
Rooms are ok but have all the minimum needs of a traveler
The overall condition of the hotel is old
Stayed three nights without hot water

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo