The Sagamore Hotel
US$324
US$255
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$286/night.

Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$283
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$252
US$193
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$227
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$258/night.

US$254
US$245
US$303
US$255
  • Beachfront
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$227
  • Pool
Pestana Miami South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$238
US$169
Pestana Hotel Group
  • Pool
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$232
US$193
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

US$2,254
US$812
1,971 results
All reviewsart hotelin south beachlincoln roadpool areathe penthouseseparate bedroomsofa bedthe ritzking suitebeach chairsocean frontocean drivebeach servicethe hotel managergreat poolan umbrellaart deco
Reviewed 8 September 2010

My husband and I travel a lot, and we expect good value for the money. We do not stay in five star hotels costing a fortune, but we do try for a good two to four star hotel that is reasonably priced. For the money, the Sagamore is a true bargain. It is like staying in an art museum, and at the same price of other, less interesting, hotels. The rooms are beautiful, and our last night the staff upgraded us to a beach view room because the hotel was not full. It has all the amenities you would expect from a fine hotel, and the front desk staff were very helpful. This is a great place! Even the stairwells were full of murals. The suite we had the last night is the nicest room we have ever had. We kept expecting to see Claudette Colbert wander through with a martini in hand (but minus the cigarette). VERY ROMANTIC and quiet. The decor of the restaurant is way cool.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at The Sagamore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2010

Dear Arodnick,

Thank you for your terrific 5 star review.

We are delighted that you were able to enjoy our wonderful art collection. Our stairwell Art Project is what makes us one of the most unique properties around and we are very proud of it.

Perhaps your next time with us we can arrange a private tour of our collection by our own art docent. We look forward to your next stay with us to check out the new pieces we have added to the Sagamore Collection.

James D’Agostino

Reviewed 8 September 2010

Good city hotel with reasonable pricing in the center of Miami Beach very close to Miami Beach's main attractions and the beach. Nice pool with beach club and beach bar. Hotel style is a bit special but nothing extraordinary. Valet parking can be quite expensive. Hotel pool is nice and calm with a cool pool bar.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Nomadic Thierry,

Thanks for your 4 star review of our wonderful hotel.

We are glad that you were able to enjoy our beach and pool facilities as well as our great location.

We look forward to seeing you again and thanks for choosing The Sagamore.

James D’Agostino

Reviewed 7 September 2010

This has been my best hotel experience ever. Not only in Miami beach, but of all of the hotels that I've stayed in, this is at the top of my list. I've traveled across the country and a few places internationally.

We were in Miami for a girls weekend. The service was extraordinary! Jacqueline and Edgar at the front desk, Gregory the pool manager, Delroy the concierge, were all awesome! They made our stay a very personal experience and were attentive to our every need. We checked in a little early. While we waited for our suite, were given complimentary drinks during the wait. Every staff member that we encountered were pleasant, helpful, and made sure we had the best experience.

On to the room......the room was amazing. We stayed in the penthouse and while I don't have a review of the other rooms, I can't imagine that the quality and service would be any different. If you ever have the opportunity to stay at the Sagamore, I recommend the Penthouse. The terrace and the view of the ocean from it is unbelievable. The rooms were spotless, and the front desk responded immediately with any additional requests regardless of what they were for.

The location of the Sagamore is perfect in South Beach. While sobe can be very busy, the hotel itself has a perfect balance of privacy, but access to all of the excitement. Everything is in walking distance or within a short cab ride away.

I could go on forever about this hotel. I have nothing negative to say. I will never stay anywhere else when traveling to Miami.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
JamesDagostino, Guest Relations Manager at The Sagamore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2010

Dear Knowlimit09,

We thank you for your 5 star review of our property. I am happy that you and your friends were able to enjoy a girls’ weekend in our lovely penthouse.

Our 1600 square foot terrace in our penthouse is definitely a great way to enjoy the great ocean views of south beach.

I am glad that several members of our staff stood out in particular and made such a positive impact on your stay.

We are glad that The Sagamore has become your hotel of choice in South Beach and we look forward to your return

James D'Agostino

Reviewed 27 August 2010

We arrived at the hotel and there was someone there to help us with our luggae, take care of parking and opened the doors for us. We arrived at the front desk where Lucretia was waiting for us. She was very friendly and helped us check in. Our room wasn't ready so she found us something comparable that would allow us to begin our vacation. Our room was very clean and everyone in the hotel was very friendly. The "pool guy" was great about bringing out fresh towels, an umbrella, or even moving your chair to catch some more sun. If you walked away from your things, he would keep an eye on them or put them in a safe place. The location was perfect. Direct beach access, 1 block from Lincoln Dr with tons of restaurants, lounges, bars, with inside and outside seating. Its a short walk to the people watching, restaurants, hotels, and bars between 5th and 17th on Ocean, Collins, or Washington Ave. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. We've stayed in several hotels on the beach, at this is at the top of our list. Thanks again to Lucretia who made it happen for us (even recommended some nice places to eat and told us where Obama ate on his visit to Miami).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Legendary PAP,

Thank you for taking the time to share your 4 star review of the property. Our front desk staff takes great pride in their role here at the hotel and I am glad that you received such a warm welcome.

I will definetly share your kind comments with the entire staff and of course with Lucretia and the pool staff.

It sounds like you had a great time and really took advantage of our close proximity to the many shops and restaraunts of south beach. We will be awaiting your next stay at The Sagamore.

James D'Agostino

Reviewed 24 August 2010

Despite all the questionable reviews by other members, my wife and I booked one night at the Sagamore Hotel. We booked our trip through Sky Auction. We paid for the room and the room taxes in advance. We had an invoice from Sky Auction / ITM showing that our stay was paid in full.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very friendly member of the lobby staff. He quickly located our reservation and took the time to explain some their policies. For those of you who use a debit / credit card please use caution here. The Sagamore will place an authorization hold for “incidentals” in the amount of $150 per room per night on that credit card. For example, if you’re planning to stay five nights please ensure you have atleast $750 in available credit, plus whatever you’ll credit you’ll need to support the rest of your vacation purchases.

Another thing to warn you about it there is no parking on Miami Beach / South Beach. You basically have three options here. (1) Find on street parking and face parking tickets if you run over your time (2) Find a public garage to park in and then walk to your hotel (3) Pay the hotel to park your car for you. If you want the Sagamore to park your car, add another $37 per night to you hotel stay. The good part is they let you know everything when you arrive. No tricks. No omissions.

After a painless check in, we went to our room (517). We opened the door to a very clean, fresh smelling and well appointed room. There was a small kitchen, nice living room area, a nice bathroom with a jetted tub and Aveda products. Our room did not have much of a view but the room itself was nice enough to overcome that little issue. The bed was ultra comfortable, the shower had adequate water pressure and the huge flat screen television in the living room was awesome. The bedroom had a dvd player and an alarm clock radio with Ipod inputs. The room had a safe and a collapsible shelf to ensure your valuables would fit. Overall, we were very pleased with the room. After much searching for a negative, the best I could come up with was the shower needed a better shower head. Lame, huh?

We decided to tour the hotel property shortly after visiting our room. If you are in a wheel chair or have mobility issues, this place could be a challenge. We noticed lots of stairs without any ramps for those who may have issues. We did notice one elevator for wheelchairs. We are young and in shape so there were no issues for us. We did enjoy the art work and furnishings. There are several places to relax, eat and drink without even leaving the hotel. Things are pricey but its Miami Beach / South Beach. It’s that way at all the hotels.

The back of the hotel has a nice seating area, a small pool and a gate that leads you to a walkway directly to the beach. The staff and guests (mostly European) were friendly. Everyone in Miami must work out because we did not see one out of shape person at the hotel. We had some rain so we could not enjoy the outdoor activities but that’s not the hotels fault. Even though we only had one night there, it’s the kind of hotel where you can spend several nights without ever getting bored. There is a lot to do and it’s a nice place to stay.

Here comes the only negative part. During check out, I ran into some problems. I was charged for parking (I was ok with that) and for $29 in taxes. I explained I had already paid for the taxes and produced my invoice / travel voucher. The female clerk refunded $16 of my taxes and said she would look into it. I had to be somewhere so I just paid for the parking and the $13. Later, I spoke with Sky Auction / ITM and then explained that I had already paid for the taxes and that I should not have been charged. The representative from ITM said she would make an inquiry and attempt to have it refunded for me. I gave her my phone number and I still have not received a response. I know $13 isn’t a big deal but why pay for something you’ve already paid for? Plus, can you imagine if the hotel charged everyone $13-$29 more than they should per night? Is it a misunderstanding between the hotel and travel agencies or is it a scam?

In conclusion, the Sagamore is a nice hotel in a nice location. The staff was friendly and the room was great. I would stay there again but believe me I will check my bill when I check out!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear 6THSIN,

Thank you for your 4 start review!!! We greatly appreciate your feedback and are pleased that we were able to provide you with a great experience during your time here in Miami.

We greatly value all feedback that we receive as it helps it provide an even better experience on your next stay with us.

I apologize for the discrepancy on your bill at checkout and urge to please contact me directly if this matter has not yet been resolved.

We look forward to your next stay with us here at The Sagamore.

James D'agostino