“Amazing Southern Meal”

Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,246 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th and Lenox
Description: Bringing the best fried chicken and freshest farm ingredients from Florida and Georgia to the table since 2011, Yardbird has since garnered the praises of the James Beard Foundation as a semi-finalist for "Best New Restaurant South" and as one of Bon Appetit's "50 Best New Restaurants" in 2012. Yardbird sticks to the values of tradition, family, and community with a menu of "soul-nurturing" dishes intended for sharing. A warm, comforting environment lets guests feel relaxed and at home while dining at Yardbird. Southern touches add to the nostalgia, like antique candlestick holders, wildflowers on all the tables, and handmade light fixtures outfitted with Edison bulbs in Mason jars.
Reviewed 19 November 2018

A good friend recommended my wife and I visit Yardbird during a little getaway to Miami Beach and what a phenomenal recommendation...very happy we made a reservation. We arrived for our reservation and were seated right away-no wait at all. We were then greeted right away by our server for the evening and the rest of the night was terrific. We already had an idea of what we wanted and for everything else our server did not steer us in the wrong direction. From the biscuits to the Fried Chicken and Peach Cobbler it was all amazing. It is expensive but well worth it. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: November 2018
John K, Owner at Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Yardbird Southern Table and Bar in Miami Beach. We loved reading your review.

We are thrilled you enjoyed the experience! I appreciate your feedback and recommendation. I hope you will join us again soon. jmiller@runchickenrun.com

Write a ReviewReviews (4,086)

Reviewed 19 November 2018 via mobile

On a recent trip to Miami with my mother and sister, my sister wanted to visit Yardbird so badly that we settled on a 12pm reservation on a Monday. Seriously, that’s how booked up it was!

And clearly for good reason - the food is absolutely to die for! Our favorites were the deviled eggs, fried green tomatoes, and wedge salads with fried chicken. The drinks are outstanding as well - the Southern Revival has official made me a fan of bourbon.

The food made this a great restaurant but the service and ambiance made it a great *experience.* Our server, Kevin, was just about the sweetest person we’d ever met - he was so enthusiastic about the menu and seemed genuinely happy that we were celebrating a birthday there. The manager was also so kind and sent us a complimentary order of the biscuits when we sat down. It was such a nice touch and made us feel so welcome!

Reviewed 18 November 2018

I loved this place from the minute I got there.I am a solo traveler & the hosts enthusiastically sat me at the bar, they were very welcoming which is appreciated when you're alone. The bartender himself was very friendly and great at his job. The food! Was outstanding, hard to pick something off the menu. I got the fried chicken & biscuits which were delightful, not too much, but great if you're hungry. Also got the beignets (I was on vacation!) which were simply delicious - I loved everything. The meal also was not overly expensive for what it was, so that's a plus. It was a buzzing atmosphere and very good service. Highly, highly recommend coming here.

Hello Savannah,

Reviewed 16 November 2018

I'm always hesitant of restaurants' fried chicken because believe it or not, frying chicken is an art form. That being said, their chicken was TASTY. It was seasoned to the bone with a nice, crispy coat. Their side dishes were also good. I'd definitely recommend. Oh, and one more thing, one of the managers walked by and noticed our table's legs were a little wobbly. He called a waiter over, folded a coaster, and fixed our table right there on the spot. Now that's what I call customer service!!

Date of visit: November 2018
John K, Owner at Yardbird - Southern Table & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2018

Reviewed 15 November 2018

We spent our last dinner her and had a great time.
We ordered the chicken/waffle dish and the mango salad, both were delicious! Great sauces were offered with the mains and the cocktails were stunning (have the watermelon sling!)
Our waitress was AMAZING!! She was super polite, very attentive and just completed the evening. The inside area is nice but as all restaurants with a very cold AC so we were happy to have had a table outside at a quiet road.
Definitely a great place and I would come back as there are many other dishes I wanted to try!

Hello L L,