“Best Cuban sandwich ever!!”

Havana 1957 Cuban Cuisine Espanola Way
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana 1957 Cuban Cuisine Espanola Way is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 1,163 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Welcome to Havana 1957, real and authentic Cuban flavors located at one of the most popular corners in South Beach; Espanola Way.
Reviewed 31 January 2017

I grew up in the Tampa, FL area (so I know good Cuban food) but have been away from the area for 15 years. The Cuban sandwich at Havana 1957 was the best I've ever had. The pork was perfectly seasoned, tender, moist and full of flavor. Be warned though, it is HUGE. My husband and I split one. Also, we ordered the croquettes appetizer and all three flavors were wonderful.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,996)

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

You have more than one location to choose from. This location is extremely crowded. The one on Ocean Boulevard is much more spacious and quiet. You can order mojitos by the pitcher and the Cuban sandwiches are to die for. The ice in the mojito was excessive.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

First visit to South Beach as a couple, and walking around happened upon Havana 1957 Cuban Cuisine. What a lucky find! Waiter suggested we order the sangria pitcher (the glasses are small). He was right. Also suggested the specialty chicken dinner, which had some of the tenderest, lightly seasoned chicken I've had. The beans, rice and plantains were delicious. A bonus was the excellent service, both very friendly and professional. Will be back.

Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

It was a nice experience with friends, mojitos weren't the best as I thought so because of being a Cuban place but I guess it's my fault for thinking that just because it's Cuban minutos are great. It was very windy so the waitress never hesitated when we asked for a table inside and as soon as there was one we where moved. The outfits they were are very nice and they are very friendly even the bartender when I told him my mojo to tasted like nothing but ice and old mint, he improved the cocktail and thanked me for letting him know. Nice beans, chicken is good too.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We had very high hopes for this Restuarant, as the location is amazing and the inside decor stunning. We sat outside to drink cocktails and eat dinner, where we wanted to enjoy their authentic Cuban style signature dishes. Sadly very very disappointed in the food. I had to send back their signature dish as it was completely tasteless. In fact, after this dinner for the 1st time in 30+ years I was violently ill, which was concerning (we clearly can't be sure if it was the food here, but highly likely, as we hadn't eaten for 6 hours before this meal)! What didn't help with my Wife whose vegetarian is there was nothing for her and the waiter was very unhelpful is offering anything - no flexibility to make up a dish for her and make her feel welcome! It was like England in the the 1980's!! Almost as if why are you a vegetarian?!?! Disappointing experience.

1  Thank Rory A