“Tasty Cubano Cuban Sandwich, inexpensive, very local”
Review of Las Olas Cafe

Las Olas Cafe
Ranked #72 of 1,137 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Reviewed 6 May 2016

Anthony Bourdain recommended this place to experience a delicious Cuban Sandwich. It was the first place that I headed when I arrived in South Beach. Food was soooo delicious. The pork was cooked to perfection and juicy. The cost is very reasonable. Many locals were coming to get their lunch which is proof that the food must be good. A few tables and a counter to stand and eat. Also a window to order from the outside. Next visit will be for breakfat ! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 May 2016

Las Olas was only blocks from where we stayed in Miami Beach and we went there because of the Trip Advisor ratings. Having been to Havana, we did have something to compare it to; my husband had a tasty Cuban sandwich, which he liked and the coffee was OK (but just OK). The place is small and definitely better for take away - it is so busy that garbage piles up quickly and the tables are not cleared (unless you do it yourself). A lot of locals come here which usually is a good sign - but again it likely is better for take away orders.

2  Thank ToTravelIsBrilliant
SocialTM, Owner at Las Olas Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your comments and will do our best to make improvements. If you are ever back in town we'd love it if you gave us another chance to make you a cup of coffee on the house. Hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

We had fried fish with rice AMD plantains & split peas, along with a Cuban sandwich. Best Cuban sandwich ever, and I've tried several throughout Miami and the Keys. The fish is Swai, and it is fried perfectly - moist, flaky, delicious. Excellent cafe con leche as well. You can pay three times as much on Ocean Drive, but you'll get better food here, just a few blocks away. Eat where the locals eat!

SocialTM, Owner at Las Olas Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

This makes us feel so happy! We are so glad you understand our concept and our food. That split pea soup is one of my favorite's as well. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Got a visit from out of town friends and they wanted to go there based on local recommendations. So yet again found myself at Las Olas as I live 2 blocks away. Supposedly good Cuban food. Ingredients are cheap and prices go up everytime I go there. Always tons of homeless people hanging around there, and frankly annoying. Three stars because I do like their Cuban coffe.

1  Thank Bobbybeans1
SocialTM, Owner at Las Olas Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Hi there, we are so sad you feel this way! This is a neighborhood spot that welcomes all. We invite you to visit Coral Cafe at 959 West Ave Ste 3 Miami Beach, FL 33139 for more space and less bustle and hustle. We hope you give us a second chance.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Our first visit to Miami and we were lucky enough to have this gem on our doorstep!! The cafe cortadito (a cortado but pre sweetened was to die for! - I pretty much stopped counting calories after my first meal in Miami - separate reviews on other great finds must be written ).
The pastelitos especially the guava one , the plantains, pork - mouth watering delicious scrumptiousness!!! I can't wait to go back!!!

SocialTM, Owner at Las Olas Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2016

Thanks for such a loving and great review! We are so glad you liked our food and we hope to see you again soon.