All reviewslincoln roadgreat locationpetite roomsouth beachocean drivetwo blocksconvention centerthe penthouseshopping and restaurantsnice pooldecent hotelhotel barvalet servicelate checkart decomaximocvs
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a mini moon months ahead of time. It was may 13-16 and a thunderstorm when we checked in at 6pm so we didn’t look around much. Went out for dinner and came back and went to sleep at 9pm. Exhausted from wedding festivities. We were never informed of renovation or just the poor quality in general even upon checkin. I asked to check out the next day and they refused to close out my stay. Said I was responsible for the whole stay and to follow up with company I booked with. They also said it was their responsibility to inform me. I was furious. It was a terrible start to the honeymoon but we booked Royal palm for less than we were paying here on Priceline and received a top of the line experience. This hotel is more like a motel. I wouldn’t pay more than 50/night because even the rooms need Reno not just the common area. I thought we were getting a boutique hotel but it was more like a motel and even the lounge made me feel like I would catch something just sitting on the couch. Location is not worth it if when hotels are charging less. Staff was not friendly and Juan Carlos immediately frowned when we walked in and during the whole checkin process. I could go on and on but the pool was empty, lounge bar area is gross, showers disgusting and they have illegal practices where they don’t check u out early. I also found this on TripAdvisor it will be my first and last time booking with them. Windows filthy too couldn’t see outside. They were not purposely that color I checked it was grime. I have video of the whole altercation with front desk if anyone wants that too.

1  Thank jontell l
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff, gave us an upgrade to penthouse as it was our honeymoon which was a lovely gesture:) although penthouse room still very basic and quite dated, but felt clean and comfortable, unfortunately had a problem on the second day when we had a large amount of some sort of ants/bugs join us, told reception and they dealt with them and didn’t see them again .

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

The location is excellent if you're planning to head to Miami for shopping. It's just off Lincoln Road and close to all the main stores. It is fairly close to the other nicer hotels along the beach front if you want to head to those for dinner/drinks. The room was a good size, but the hotel is tired. They are doing up the pool area which will no doubt benefit the hotel in the long run, but I didn't realise this was the case when booking - so be aware, it's out of use until September (I think). I feel that the price should have been lowered to reflect this. The hotel was also quite noisy at night (either due to bad noise proofing or we were just unlucky with the guests staying at that particular time). Overall, it's fine as a base if you're just on a short holiday wanting somewhere to rest your head that doesn't cost the earth. If you're hoping for something a bit more luxurious and a place to relax, go elsewhere.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We have just returned from our weeks stay at the Albion and we have to say that we were concerned after reading some of the reviews. This is an honest account of this hotel, the room which was classed as a deluxe was plenty big enough, the bed was extremely comfortable and the shower worked well. But the place lacked care and is a bit worn so lets hope that the refurbishment extends to all the rooms. The staff were ok, but didn't seem to add anything, booked an alarm call on the day of our Key West trip but didn't get it, thankfully not a problem though as we were awake in time. But our surprise was the live music and the bar being open until 3am. We didn't see that advertised anywhere on the website so it came as a bit of a surprise.We also weren't informed about the renovations before we booked so those things are why we have marked it as average, such a shame because it is a beautiful building so we feel that the Management and the staff could do better. Maybe instead of greeting a guest with "we need to put a charge of $200 on your credit card" it might be worth trying to tell the guest about the facilities that are on offer, such a breakfast, the restaurant and indeed the live music and the bar. We had a great time in this amazing city but it could have been better.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam W
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I booked this hotel on behalf of my client as it looked okay for what he was after....

Since booking I have been advised that the pool is under renovations during his stay... (which is fine) and that the hotel will offer a refund.

Being so close to travel, all the nearby hotels are twice the price so I emailed the hotel to see if they can offer some kind of compensation to my client if he still stays at the hotel, or if they have an agreement with another hotel pool??

Its been over two weeks and I have had no response at all... just hung up on when calling and told to email an address which doesn't reply. My wholesaler also tried getting in touch and nothing from the hotel.

Terrible customer service - I will not be recommending this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Don't !!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends