All reviews lincoln road great location petite room south beach ocean drive two blocks convention center the penthouse shopping and restaurants nice pool decent hotel hotel bar valet service late check art deco maximo cvs
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff, gave us an upgrade to penthouse as it was our honeymoon which was a lovely gesture:) although penthouse room still very basic and quite dated, but felt clean and comfortable, unfortunately had a problem on the second day when we had a large amount of some sort of ants/bugs join us, told reception and they dealt with them and didn’t see them again .

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

The location is excellent if you're planning to head to Miami for shopping. It's just off Lincoln Road and close to all the main stores. It is fairly close to the other nicer hotels along the beach front if you want to head to those for dinner/drinks. The room was a good size, but the hotel is tired. They are doing up the pool area which will no doubt benefit the hotel in the long run, but I didn't realise this was the case when booking - so be aware, it's out of use until September (I think). I feel that the price should have been lowered to reflect this. The hotel was also quite noisy at night (either due to bad noise proofing or we were just unlucky with the guests staying at that particular time). Overall, it's fine as a base if you're just on a short holiday wanting somewhere to rest your head that doesn't cost the earth. If you're hoping for something a bit more luxurious and a place to relax, go elsewhere.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2018

We have just returned from our weeks stay at the Albion and we have to say that we were concerned after reading some of the reviews. This is an honest account of this hotel, the room which was classed as a deluxe was plenty big enough, the bed was extremely comfortable and the shower worked well. But the place lacked care and is a bit worn so lets hope that the refurbishment extends to all the rooms. The staff were ok, but didn't seem to add anything, booked an alarm call on the day of our Key West trip but didn't get it, thankfully not a problem though as we were awake in time. But our surprise was the live music and the bar being open until 3am. We didn't see that advertised anywhere on the website so it came as a bit of a surprise.We also weren't informed about the renovations before we booked so those things are why we have marked it as average, such a shame because it is a beautiful building so we feel that the Management and the staff could do better. Maybe instead of greeting a guest with "we need to put a charge of $200 on your credit card" it might be worth trying to tell the guest about the facilities that are on offer, such a breakfast, the restaurant and indeed the live music and the bar. We had a great time in this amazing city but it could have been better.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pam W
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I booked this hotel on behalf of my client as it looked okay for what he was after....

Since booking I have been advised that the pool is under renovations during his stay... (which is fine) and that the hotel will offer a refund.

Being so close to travel, all the nearby hotels are twice the price so I emailed the hotel to see if they can offer some kind of compensation to my client if he still stays at the hotel, or if they have an agreement with another hotel pool??

Its been over two weeks and I have had no response at all... just hung up on when calling and told to email an address which doesn't reply. My wholesaler also tried getting in touch and nothing from the hotel.

Terrible customer service - I will not be recommending this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Don't !!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Was a pre cruise stay and was truly disappointed with the small room .... only one bedside cabinet.... a mattress too small for the bed bas so kept banging my leg every time I passed and windows so dirty I couldn’t see out of .....

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple