New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Even better in person”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

We looked at this hotel for a while online and liked what we saw, but in person it was even more fabulous. check-in was a breeze, the staff was very very friendly. The valet was efficient every day. The hotel has two buildings so check in was in one, but then had to walk through the courtyard to get to the second building where out room was located.

the hotel is very very trendy, and there is so much going on especially at night !

However, the one night when we decided to go to the rooftop bar which we had heard so much about, we were denied because of a private function (for the chef of the attached Tudor House restaurant who had won the Next Iron Chef competition). It would have been nice if we were informed at checkout...but that's ok, minor issue.

The room was clean, funky with the lighting system and relatively quiet for how much was going on at the hotel when we were there. The water termperature in the shower was on the cold side was morning, but other than that it was a great stay !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Astrobeemer
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you so much for your great review! It sounds like you both had a very fun stay and got to take advantage of the energy and activities of South Beach. We are so happy that you enjoyed the beautiful design of the hotel, and we hope to see you both for your next trip. Thanks again, and take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Hebrew first
Buffalo Grove, IL (Chicagoland)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

My friend and I decided on a last minute girl's getaway during spring break. I am a travel agent, and typically stay at 4 star hotels when I travel, which is pretty frequent. Overall, Dream South Beach did not disappoint. We took a redeye flight into Miami, so I called up the hotel twice prior to arrival, informing them we would arriving early morning. As a travel agent, I know whether we could check-in or not depended on availability at time of check-in, this is pretty standard. When we did arrive, the night time front desk person didn't even bother checking availability - "no, you can't check-in, we have no availability." After my persistance and informing him I did speak to 2 different day time front desk clerks about our very early arrival (both said it depended on availiablity and there was no additional charge), he finally checked availaiblity let us check-in, without charging us more money (which he also tried to do). Ironically, we ended up checking out at the very end of our stay at 4AM, so earlier than our check-in time. Aside from him, the rest of the staff, from the other people at the front desk, to the people standing in the lobby to help you open the door, the pool girls (especially the blonde girl), the concierge, etc. Everyone was superb in their service. The hotel room was very chic with its blue light and trendy designs on the door, the mirror, the chandelier, the modern phone and alarm clock, etc. The rooms are small and the glass doors for the bathroom and showers are interesting. We used the bedroom door to separate the bathroom/shower for more privacy. The room is clean, new, modern, chic. It would be nice to have natural light in from the window, but we couldn't open the blinds and instead the room was lit by a blue light. We visited the roof top pool which was relaxing and quiet, with excellent service. We ate dinner at Tudor, which was fine dining and excellent food, though not big portions. The location is great. It is one block from ocean drive, so not too loud of an area. Ocean Drive is louder, where all the "oceanfront" hotels are located, along with many restaurants, bars, etc. The beach is actually across the street from Ocean Drive so there is no true oceanfront hotel in this area. Dream South Beach is located between 11th and 12th street, which is a great location. You walk up north to 16th for the famous Lincoln Ave. with all the stores. You walk down to 10 - 8th street, where the popular Mango's and Clevelanders bars are located. We ate a good breakfast (a bit pricey) at Front Porch up north and also had $4.99 decent breakfast at Carlye's, Avoid the restaurant Kitchen at all cost, the service was horrible. Mango's was worth visiting for entertaining dancing on bar top. I've been to beaches all over Florida. The sand at South Beach and Miami Beach is coarse white/gray sand. Not very white, and not anywhere as fine or beautiful as the sands on the Gulf coast. But the ocean water color was still beautiful. I guess you come here more for the nightlife than the sand quality. Upon check-out there were someone else's breakfast charged to our account as well as 5 or 6 room charges from the mini-bar. None of these were accurate charges. The front desk guy was quick to remove them, he was very nice, but it is always a bit annoying to have other people's charges put on your account. There is a $7.99/night resort fee to be aware of. It does include wireless. I would definitely recommend Dream South Beach to clients.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Lori_Ling
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Thank you so much for your review and feedback! It sounds like you and your friends had a very fun-filled and thoroughly enjoyable South Beach getaway! We are especially happy to hear that your enjoyed the cool design of the hotel, and got to enjoy the always delicious food at our restaurant, Tudor House. Great job on choosing the coolest hotel in South Beach, and all of us here look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Take care!
Antwerp
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel has got a really good location on South Beach: very close to the beach and the shops! Rooms were very clean and modern. Staff was helpful and friendly. The drinks on the rooftop were rather expensive for us. If you aren’t a good sleeper, I would suggest to look for another hotel. There was a lot of music and noise until late in the evening (or shall I say morning). For us it was ok, but if you are sensitive for noise it could be a problem.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your review! We are very happy that you were able to enjoy our prime location, and that our friendly staff was able to take good care of you during you stay! We really appreciate your business, and hope to see you both again for your next trip to beautiful South Beach!
Portsmouth, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights recently for business and could not have been happier. The room, although small, was well appointed and very comfortable. The staff was very helpful with restaurant selections, shopping advice and very friendly and outgoing. Rooftop pool area was very relaxing and comfy. This is not a South Beach "wanna be". These people get it right and make you feel welcome. The Tudor House restaurant in the hotel is also very good. Food was excellent.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mtsnowjoe
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Awesome! We couldn't be happier reading your review! All of us here at Dream take great pride in providing outstanding, genuine service to our guests, and we had a great time taking care of you! We also agree with you 100% about our restaurant, Tudor House - the food is seriously amazing! Thank you for choosing to stay at Dream, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I was invited to a desitination wedding in South Beach for a weekend with family and friends. After seeing a great deal on Jetsetter, I booked immediately, having read about this new boutique hotel. I too have read previous reviews of the hotel having small standard rooms, etc. So at check-in I asked to be upgraded if possible. To my surprise and amazement I had booked at Junior Suite. I definitely was not disappointed as I almost wish I had brought a date since this room was spacious. It even had a sitting area with a white leather couch. Yes, I agree with the size of the closets, too small to store luggage, but again I did not care. The lighting is not as complicated as everyone might make it seem per the reviews. Just hold the button until the lights brighten up the place. I liked the ambient lighting as opposed to sterile lights in a department store that most hotels have installed.

The staff was excellent from the start when I told them that I needed to have my suit for the wedding pressed. Wendy, the concierge went completely out of her way to find a dry-cleaners to have it ready for my by 1pm the next day since I had arrived at the hotel at 3pm on a Friday. After I left my luggage in my room I went up rooftop deck and pool and got a great drink from the fabulous bartender, Jane. She knew exactly how to make a great caipirinha and caipiroska. The pool was small, but the day beds surround the area of the pool were a great touch. There was another wedding party staying here during the weekend, and almost all of the beds and lounge chairs were taken, but I was on too tight of a schedule to even use it...

From Alessio at the front-desk at check-in and through out my stay, Wendy as the savvy concierge and the doorman, his name escapes me (starts with a Y), and Jane mixing great cocktails, I wish I was able to stay and enjoy the hotel and amenties more. Definitely consider this the place to lay your head when here. I again was in a Junior Suite on the third floor and a corner so I did not experience any problems with noise though i was next to the service stairs, etc. I don't want to be blinded by sunlight to get me up so again the darkness of the room did not bother me and you can just pull the curtains open to get some natural light like I did on my last day packing to leave.

Even as I checked out they gave me a card that entitles me to a 15% discount on my next stay. Now all I need is to find time to use it!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris C
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Perfection! Your review makes all of us here at Dream beam with pride! Thank you very much for your nice comments about the hotel and our staff, especially our rockstars, Alecio, Wendy, Youssef, and Jane. All of them take great pleasure in providing only the best service! It sounds like you had an awesome stay, and we look forward to seeing you again for your next trip to South Beach. Thanks again, and take care!