“La 10/10”

Ranked #3 of 1,235 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Colombian
Neighbourhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Description: To choose our restaurant would be 100% top notch experience. We make sure to bring even the smallest of details fromColombia and South America to our restaurant. Who can forget out delicious options of cuisine. From the most simple of our appetizers to our biggest of dishes, you will leave wanting to come back and enjoy more of our food soon!!!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Easily the best restaurant we have visited in Miami. From appetizers to dessert, illegal almost. So good, thank you!

Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

We trusted Trip Advisor to lead us away from the curb calls of Ocean Dr and we were not disappointed. We had fantastic service and a unique meal that exceeded expectations. Love.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

I was invited to have dinner at La Ventana and truly enjoyed my night. The restaurant is pretty small but the decor is very cute and makes it cozy. I think its a PERFECT place for a date night.

If I'm being honest, the first thing that stood out to me about the restaurant was the affordable prices of the food. Its hard to find a cute restaurant by the beach thats so affordable & the plates are very filling.

For starters my friend & I shared the empanadas. We got one of each: cheese, chicken & beef. They were perfectly golden and crisp. My favorite was the cheese because I love cheese, but my close second was the beef. The salsa that comes with it is very spicy, so be cautious. Its amazing though!

I ordered "La Ventana" chicken sandwich, mainly because I haven't had a chicken sandwich with pineapple sauce in so long. But, my friend ordered the churrasco so i was able to try that too. The churrasco was a very nice cut of meat and super juicy! You can tell the meat was fresh.

I loved my sandwich. I know its a simple thing, but their pineapple sauce tasted like it was mixed with something & I loved it. I even ate it with the french fries.

The sangria was also very good. It didn't taste overly sweet like fruit punch, it actually tasted like authentic wine & it had a lot of fruit.

Overall, I was very pleased with my experience & the staff was super nice & attentive. Even before our server knew that I had been invited, I mentioned to my friend that the service was actually really nice.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Situated in the middle of bustling Miami Beach sits La Ventana, a small intimate Colombian restaurant that might catch your eye from the Washington St.

At first, I didn’t know what to expect when I came to La Ventana, but It has definitely been the most authentic Colombian food I’ve ever had! Sunday early afternoon was the perfect brunch time, we got the empanadas as an appetizer and I ordered the classic Colombian dish, Bandeja paisa.

The empanadas are available in beef, chicken, and cheese. I’m addicted to cheese so obviously that was an immediate favorite, and the beef empanadas were great. Maybe I am biased because I already favor Colombian empanadas over others? You can tell these empanadas were fresh, and seasoned in house. The red, spicy sauce that typically comes with Colombian food (not sure what it’s called), was served with the empanadas and really delicious. You can definitely tell that this is a freshly made sauce here as well.

The bandeja paisa is a large dish! I took probably about half of it home. The fried pork was the crispiest and most flavorful I’ve ever had! And well, writing this review a few days later I could tell you I’m still craving them. The steak was very delicious and well cooked. And the red beans were a perfect topping to the fresh rice. Why can’t I cook like that at home?!

I definitely recommend ordering the bandeja paisa to share. It was huge!

The entire dining experience felt like we were in Colombia, which I loved. The decor is homey and cozy. Although the restaurant itself is a little small, it is nice and refreshing to see how much pride is taken into the establishment, especially in Miami. It is a very intimate restaurant, and the service is intimate as well. I picture La Ventana b a really great date spot as well. Another bonus—open til midnight!

We topped out meal off with some espressos, which were beautifully represented. You can really tell when a restaurant cares and goes all out for its vibe and ambiance!

If you are visiting Miami and searching for an amazing Latin dining experience, I 100% recommend checking out La Ventana for the great Colombian cuisine!

1  Thank segovinator
Reviewed 6 November 2018

Wonderful food and atmosphere not large venue which is cosier, not very familiar with Colombian food staff more than obliging to suggest various dishes, all very delicious. Prices very reasonable for huge servings..

Date of visit: October 2018