1,973 results
All reviews espanola way two blocks south beach balcony overlooking lincoln road ocean drive rooms are small yogurt valet parking complimentary breakfast coffee maker restaurants and shops location is excellent night life fridge miami nightlife
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel is a bit outdated, it has a distinctive smell of old buildings, however it is undergoing some renovation.
The best part of this hotel is its location. The Espanhola Way is very brivant full of restaurants with Cuban, Mexican, Italian and Brazilian food! It is a very nice place.
The hotel is also just a few walk distance from the beach, ocean drive way and Collins avenue...it was very easy to arrive here using the public transportation from the airport ( auto bus 150). The staff is very friendly! The guy that check us in was very helpful, smiling and giving good recommendations about the area.
I totally recommend this hotel!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Cesar Z, Front Office Manager at The Clay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Hey CandidaAcacio,

Thank you so much for your review of The Clay Hotel. Yes, you hit it right on the head about our location. We are on the beautiful Espanola Way with great restaurants, stores and atmosphere! We are just 2 blocks from the beach. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed it. Joel processed your check in and i am very happy to hear he was able to give you some great information on the area. Yes, we are currently going under renovation and would love for you to come back once it is all complete!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Went for our anniversary and enjoy the beach. Upon checking into our room, i open the drapes to discover a lovely view of the roof and central air conditioner. The front desk quickly changed our accommodations to a room with a balcony facing the street. The only problem was that the room was adjacent to the security door in the hallway with a broken closure. All through the night the door was slamming shut, it was so loud and annoying. The next afternoon, we decided to have a drink on the balcony. I sat on the card table chair and it collapses from under me. The rivets were all rusted out. Took some ibrprophen and maintenance brought up another chair. The next day, I bought a bottle of fine wine to celebrate, and did not want to use plastic glasses. I went to the Mexican cantina below the hotel and told the manager the situation, and pointed up at my wife sitting on th balcony. He stated he would lend me some glassware for a $10 deposit. Pissed me off! The front desk told me that they didnt have any glasses available. Anyway, we ended up using plastic. On the way out to dinner, the same manager greeted us and came on like he was a long lost friend. "SENIOR, I have a table for you and your beautiful wife". I replied. "After you insulted me, asking for a deposit? I said I am going across the street to dine. Also, I know I'm in South beach, but $24 tacos?

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Cesar Z, Front Office Manager at The Clay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Hello eagle4120,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at The Clay Hotel. I sincerely apologize for the issues that occurred here during your anniversary. I am happy the Front Desk was able to assist you with a room move to a better view with a balcony. In regards to the balcony set, I have instructed our engineering department to inspect all balcony sets to make sure they are working properly so the issue does not happen again. Yes, as the hotel, we do not have any form of glassware on property and I apologize for that. In regards to the comments about Oh Mexico, i will pass your statement on to management. I apologize once again for all the issues that occurred during your stay here. I hope you are able to give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Just a couple of minutes walk to the beach. The hotel provides beach towels and at the beach sunbeds and umbrellas. Very busy touristic street with a lot of nice restaurants. Luckily we were in the back building, nice and quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Hey Davies74,

Thank you so much for you review. I am very happy to hear that you loved our location. We are in the middle of it all. Just a few minutes from the beach is a great place to be! I am happy to hear that our staff was able to help you with all of your needs including our beach towels and sunbeds and to provide you with a nice quiet room. We can't wait to have you back here at The Clay Hotel in the future.

Thanks!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Quick 5 minute walk to the beach. Right next to Espanola Way with super variety of restaurants and cafes to eat at. Area really rocks at night with a lot of people congregating around there. The area is geared to using Uber or Lyft as parking is at a super premium. Super beautiful vibrant city. Lots to do. The Miami Heat, Duck Tours, Aquarium, and obviously the beach.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Cesar Z, Front Office Manager at The Clay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Hey Philip Z,

Thank you so much for your great review here of your time at the Clay Hotel. You are absolutely right, we are the "bang for your buck". Right in the middle of everything here in Miami Beach! I am very please to hear you enjoyed our location on Espanola Way. Also sounds like caught a game of our Miami Heat and passed by Miami Seaquarium! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our great service and had a great time here in the 305 and hope to see you back here at the Clay in the future!!

Thanks

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Great location. In the middle of everything. 2 blocks away from the beach. Decent price. Housekeeping couldn't even refill toilet paper. They did the barest minimum.
Always a wait at the front desk, even if there was one guest in line.
Walls are paper thin and the music from the restaurant in the lobby keeps blaring til 1am.
Stairs only. Rooms and hallways have a musty smell.
But great location and fair rate.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Cesar Z, Front Office Manager at The Clay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Hello Anthony V,

Thank you for your stay of The Clay Hotel. I have taken notes down of all that you had commented on housekeeping and the front desk and will address them. I am happy you hear you enjoyed our location along with our rate.