The Clay Hotel
Official Site
US$491
US$421
  • Pool
Pestana Miami South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$170
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$373
US$341
  • Beachfront
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$311
US$284
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$204
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$321
US$562
US$446
Agoda.com
US$301
  • Beachfront
The Confidante Miami Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$227
1,963 results
All reviewsespanola waytwo blockssouth beachbalcony overlookinglincoln roadocean drivequiet roomnoisy at nightrooms are smallrestaurants and barsyogurtvalet parkinglocation is excellentcoffee makercomplimentary breakfastart decofridge
Reviewed 7 March 2012

What a find! A charming old hotel in the centre of the action! The staff are friendly and courteous and went out of their way to accommodate us. Very clean and comfortable. Great restaurants on the same street. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel as the street out front is very lively at night!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My mom, sister and I just stayed at The Clay hotel this past weekend. The hotel rooms are located on the fabulous Espanola road. So much activity, restaurants, shops, and little bars it was such a great and unique place to call our home for the weekend. Everyone walks everywhere in south beach, and staying at the Clay put us right in the middle of everything. I can't say enough about how perfect the location is!

The hotel itself is pretty old, yes, but it has everything you could need! We had two rooms that joined by a little tiny hallway. The beds were comfortable, the air conditioning worked perfectly, we had two flat screen TV's, coffee maker, hair dryer, and fridge.

Overall we were so happy! Not to mention the price couldn't be beat. The three of us are very active and don't like to spend much time in the hotel, so for us, The Clay was exactly what we were looking for. If you are someone who uses your hotel room primarily as just a place to sleep and get ready, and you value location, this place is for you! If you are someone who likes to spend time in your room and have lots of amenities you may want to keep looking.

oh! and a side note - there are no elevators. If you have trouble with stairs, or if you have small children I could see how this could be an issue.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank daynabrooke
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My boyfried and I were stopping by overnight for a one-night stay in sout miami as we never visited before and we went to go see a hockey game in sunrise the evening. I wasnt expecting much but reviews were saying that this hotel was really well located so I told myself that for 100$ per night for two wasnt that bad anyways.
In fact the hotel is well situated on Espanola way with all little restaurants (strongly recommend Historia Romana) and a block away from the main beach front street. We also parked prior to checking in on 16th & washington which was 2 blocks away and cost 16$ for 24hrs..
The room was okay but nothing to do with the big chain hotel room feeling - it felt like a hostel with furniture from ikea.. None the less, it was perfect for a one night stay for the price. There was bar soaps and towels available so just bring your hair shampoo and conditioner.
Wifi was only available in the lobby.
Even though there was a loud restaurant downstairs, we didnt hear anything during our sleep. I would probably try another hotel next visit for an extra 20$/night but if nothing can beat the price Id go back.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank poshmels
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We were put in the second building which was 2 blocks back from Washington. The area is trendy and great but the hotel is like stepping back in time. It was clean but very old and needed renos. The hallway floors aren't even level - you go
up and down as you walk the halls. If I had my time back I would spend more money and get a better hotel. It has the feeling of eastern Germany before the Berling wall came down. Oldest hotel I think I ever stayed in. Tv had maybe 5 channels. Very small room.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Booked for a night on a late night arrival to MIA.

Perfectly located in the center of SOBE on Espanola Way, could be a nice property should the owners were willing to invest a bit after 30 years of status-quo. Business is sometimes too easy...

CONCLUSION: Stay away! Even as we only needed to sleep a few hours before moving somewhere else, you will not be able to sleep as the noise is ending only very early morning in the disco downstairs.

CHECK-IN: Checking without a problem, efficient overall. No waiting.
The misery starts as once walk inside the very bad, smelly corridor to the room (we were given supposedly the LAST available on top of the disco/bar underneath on Espanola Way.

ROOM: Horror Movie. Simply disgusting, the bed was simply awful. Probably 30 years old mattress. Luckily (pure luck I think), we were not beaten by bed bugs as some other reviewers on this hotel.

ESCAPE: early morning checkout and runaway. Even without sleeping, my brother had fully re-packed and was ready to get out at 6 am (we checked in around 11pm!)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family