“Stay away from it...”

Ranked #134 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Rio de Janeiro
“Stay away from it...”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Our four nights at the Four Points by Sheraton Miami Beach were perhaps one of our worse experiences ever... The hotel is old, badly needing a refurbishing. Staff was simply incompetent. It took at least 20 minutes to have our car delivered, despeite the 29 dollars/day payed for valet service. Front desk was confuse and totally incompetent. To top it all, all three elevators broke down one night, forcing us (my wife and I in the late 60's) to utilize the stairs to be able to go to our room in the 8th floor. And to top it all, no one seemed to care, no one ever apologized for the inconvenience. In one word: UNBELIEVABLE! Never more...

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ASCSALLES

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
Northport, New York
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed here for the Miami Boat Show on Starwood Points and found the whole stay to be acceptable. It is a Four Points, afterall. Pluses- the free water bottles in the room, a 24 hour heated pool, new equipment in the fitness center and location on the beach. It is right next door to the Fontainbleu and the Holiday Inn. The front desk, restaurant staff, valet and bellhops were REALLY trying and mostly quite helpful. There was a free shuttle to the Miami Boat Show right across the street. Cons- outdated hotel room, no upgrades or special SPG benefits, crummy and uninterested concierge services, broken door lock that would not shut without a key in it and no real food options within walking distance. For us, it did the trick but for a fantastic South Beach experience- look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 57alisonm
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed here for the 2nd time this winter and I loved it. The first time was in november and now I stayed for 5 days January 27-Feb 1 The room was small but otherwise clean. The bedding was just beautiful and comfortable.(WHITE LINEN) I really wanted a suite but was unavailable since the hotel was booked solid(Hope next time) The lobby is big and beautiful. coffee and tea is for free and I enjoyed it anytime I needed it. The pool area and back grounds are just stunning. The location of this Hotel is why I love coming back. The staff was really friendly and helpful. Next time I come back to Miami Beach I would come again here.

Room Tip: Never to close to the elevators since its quite noisy.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel C
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is a hotel where you go with a couple buddies for one night max because of the location but nothing more. Because of the lack of availability in downtown Miami I ended up here for 5 nights and this was easily the worst hotel I've stayed at in the last 5 years. The employees have no perception of customer service, the food is awful and overpriced and the rooms have technology from the stone age. I think part of the reason the customer service is so bad is because they take 15% gratuity out of everything they do. Strange because I stayed at a 4 star at Brickell 4 months earlier and they didn't do that. The first 2 days I would come back to 2 bottles of water in my room. The next 2? None and I called down to the desk to see if I could walk down and get some and they said they'll send some up. Neither time did they come up or even call back. That was a slap in the face. Then they have 16 yr old girls working in the diner who don't understand the high level of service that should come with $34 dinners. Literally no one else in the diner and our food came out cold and appetizers came out literally 30 seconds before the dinner. We had coupons to get free appetizers(given by the front desk) so I gave them to her and they were of course not on my dinner bill. Then I checked my hotel bill the next day and the girl added them as a separate bill and signed my name! Obviously I had them remove that but I guess fraud is acceptable to their staff. Why would she sneak those charges on me anyways after we gave her the coupons? Who knows but this place sucks and I'll make sure anyone I know never ends up here. Also, there are no restaurants within walking distance here so the food can't easily be avoided.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank joe l

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Uniontown, Ohio
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I’m beginning the review with the Ugly because these event s colored my entire perception of the Sheraton Four Points in Miami Beach. We had a reservation and arrived at 10:30 A.M.—we knew our room wouldn’t be ready but wanted to drop off our luggage so we could head for the Miami Boat Show. We were told our room would be ready between 2:00 and 4:00. (To be fair, the official check-in time is 4:00.) We got back to the hotel at 2:30, ready for a rest. When I went to the desk I was told they weren’t checking anyone in until 4:00 because the rooms wouldn’t be clean till then. The hotel was fully booked so it should not have been a surprise that people would want to check in—did they not have enough people to clean the rooms? Check-out time is noon so the staff had at least four hours to get the rooms ready.
I told the person at the desk we’d sit in the lobby and wait. More people began arriving to check in and they also had to wait for their rooms. At 3:45 I went back to the desk and the clerk, Irainee, told me that her manager told her NO one would be allowed to check in until 4:00. By this time there were at least 25 people waiting in the lobby for a room and there was no way all of us could be checked in at 4:00 with only 2 people on duty. I asked her manager’s name and she went to the back. A minute later a man came out with no name tag and identified himself as the manager. I asked his name and he replied, “Watson”. I questioned why he wouldn’t let anyone check in until 4:00 P.M. He asked who told me that and I referred to the clerk, Irainee. He told me he hadn’t said that but the rooms wouldn’t be cleaned till 4:00. By now a line of people had formed behind me and I wanted to know how we all could be checked in at 4:00. He made a call and found a room for us at about 3:55. I felt sorry for all those people in line behind me.
The saga continues with the Good, the Bad and more Ugly.
Good: The pillows were fluffy and the white bedding was clean and inviting. The room had 2 bottles of free water, a flat screen TV and decent furniture. The common areas of the hotel were beautiful---a shiny marble floor, free coffee and deep, comfortable furniture. The outside area in back had 2 pools, a hot tub, beautiful flowers and lush vegetation.
Bad: The room was small. There was no heat, air or fan in the tiny bathroom. The bathroom door could not even be opened all the way because it hit the toilet. There were a few black spots (mold??) on the bottom of the shower curtain. The ugly carpet throughout the room had wrinkles; apparently it needed to be stretched again. This was actually a safety hazard because our shoes caught on it when we entered the room.
More Ugly: The tan marble bathroom sink had two cracks that began at the drain and went several inches upward. I could have put up with the cracks had they not been filled in with black (more mold?). There were also stains in the back of the sink below the faucet.
We are Starwood members and frequently book at Sheraton hotels. We will be returning to Miami next year but we won’t be staying at the Sheraton Four Points.

Room Tip: I had a "bay view" room and you almost needed binoculars to see the bay.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple