“Decent but room for improvement”
Review of Abae Hotel

Abae Hotel
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in a penthouse suite for 7 nights, initially very bad impression - AC didn't work in the room at all. Attempts were made to fix it very quickly but required an engineer. Unfortunately couldn't be called out the evening of arrival due to weather, resulting in a very sleepless night at 85f. The following day it was fixed fortunately. Would expect this to have been checked pre check in as rather critical and they said that they'd been experiencing issues on the floor.

We also booked through booking.com where the penthouse suites are advertised as having a balcony - ours had a tiny space you could just about stand on but that was all. In fairness, their website clarifies this where as booking.com did not. We asked to change room to one with a balcony and were moved a few days into our stay.

Apart from these initial issues the room was of decent size with comfortable bed and decent shower, however I have to agree with others regrading cleanliness. It appears to be more of a tidy and superficial clean than what most hotels perform. Underneath the bed was very dirty, there was a large obvious makeup mark on the bathroom door that easily cleaned off that they'd ignored. For a hotel this new the condition wasn't great. These are relatively minor issues but detract from the overall experience.

We found the location to be great, it's not particularly close to ocean drive if that's where you plan to spend most of your time it's most likely not ideal.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night at the Abae Hotel and we loved it.. the room is awesome, bigger than expected. We have a large room with kitchenette and livingroom.
The hotel is perfectly located and the roof top with the pool is amazing!
A good value for money !
We will come back for sure!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

I booked it 3 month ago but when we arrived the reception guy refused our booking , he said they are full and don't have room for us. Terrible experience. Stay away from this place. Luckily we found another place to stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Dmytro K
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

The apartments look amazing but just haven't been thought about properly. They have coffee machine and oven and microwave which is great. But then no kettle, no pans or anything to cook with, just shows it hasn't been thought about.

Similar things are the sun beds by the pool all have sheeting around them so they kind of have some shade but not enough. Then no umbrellas.

And no sunbeds that you could put fully in the sun if you wanted to.

Apartment was cleaned everyday. But I would more say it was a tidy. And there is hair everywhere!! Think the cleaners need hairnets desperately.

The worst thing about this hotel is there front desk. I have stayed in 2* hotels with more friendly and helpful staff. The front desk is the most miserable experience I have ever had checking into a hotel.

However after all this. The view by the pool is great! The location is 100% perfect. The beds comfy. The apartments are bigger than expected.

Definitely a good option for the price but could literally be 5* if they got some better service and some common sense.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Soooo this was a nice, very clean, and cozy hotel BUT this was a stay that wasn't so good. The hotel apparently switched to a new system while we were there.. when initially booked I paid the first night for the deposit, after I got there I was charge the entire price of the stay(my deposit was not showing I paid) so they had to refund the difference. Then I get home to find out Tuesday morning my card was charged a second time again for the wrong price. So I ended up paying twice for a weekend stay. Not to mention the wait it will take to receive back the funds that was taken. I had to dispute with my bank. So if you decide to stay I encourage you to use cash if you can. Or make sure their system is running better. It was a nightmare, But I guess could have been worse. Oh and one of the guys(can't remember his name) who works over night was kind off rude, he was not trying to help me so I had to wait to speak to Brett. Brett was great tho. I'm not sure if I'll ever stay there again because that can never happen again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple