“Looks nice but could be 10X better”
Review of Abae Hotel

Abae Hotel
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

The apartments look amazing but just haven't been thought about properly. They have coffee machine and oven and microwave which is great. But then no kettle, no pans or anything to cook with, just shows it hasn't been thought about.

Similar things are the sun beds by the pool all have sheeting around them so they kind of have some shade but not enough. Then no umbrellas.

And no sunbeds that you could put fully in the sun if you wanted to.

Apartment was cleaned everyday. But I would more say it was a tidy. And there is hair everywhere!! Think the cleaners need hairnets desperately.

The worst thing about this hotel is there front desk. I have stayed in 2* hotels with more friendly and helpful staff. The front desk is the most miserable experience I have ever had checking into a hotel.

However after all this. The view by the pool is great! The location is 100% perfect. The beds comfy. The apartments are bigger than expected.

Definitely a good option for the price but could literally be 5* if they got some better service and some common sense.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Soooo this was a nice, very clean, and cozy hotel BUT this was a stay that wasn't so good. The hotel apparently switched to a new system while we were there.. when initially booked I paid the first night for the deposit, after I got there I was charge the entire price of the stay(my deposit was not showing I paid) so they had to refund the difference. Then I get home to find out Tuesday morning my card was charged a second time again for the wrong price. So I ended up paying twice for a weekend stay. Not to mention the wait it will take to receive back the funds that was taken. I had to dispute with my bank. So if you decide to stay I encourage you to use cash if you can. Or make sure their system is running better. It was a nightmare, But I guess could have been worse. Oh and one of the guys(can't remember his name) who works over night was kind off rude, he was not trying to help me so I had to wait to speak to Brett. Brett was great tho. I'm not sure if I'll ever stay there again because that can never happen again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Monique M
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

We booked an apartment at Abae Hotel for two nights. It is very new and has a modern look and interior.
The apartment has one bedroom, one bathroom, a living room with a kitchenette and a balcony. Electrical devices e.g. speaker, TV and dishwasher are of a high standard. The kitchenette has no common oven, so you can't cook but heat up maybe small pieces of pizza. The interior looks brand new an we liked the way things were arranged in the apartment.
The pool deck looks awesome! The pool is not super large but has a fantastic view and some sun beds to relax on. It's really nice. One thing maybe not everybody will like is that they are playing music at the poor area the whole day, in my opinion it was a bit to loud - Especially, because we could still hear the music a little in our apartment 3 levels below between 9am and 9:45pm.

Staff is friendly and they even let us check in earlier, that was super kind!

However there is one thing that we really found a bit annoying: The apartment was not clean. We found breadcrumbs on the chair and under the table as well as hair in the bath and bedroom (not in the bed though). Under the fridge some soy sauce must have leaked out and already dried, the smell was not too good - how could nobody smell that before? Some glasses had fingerprints all over and the table hasn't been wiped in the near past. The bath towels had stains (3 out of 4 towels were not clean, so we asked for new ones) and there was already some mold in the shower...

It's a little sad, that such a beautiful place is not kept in proper condition because it looks like they want a Hotel with a high standard for relatively high prices. But regarding the cleanliness it's far away of being high or even mid class. We would return anytime if cleanliness was not an issue.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank KatGa23
Reviewed 17 May 2017

A wonderful Hotel/Apartments , The room is really big , clean and well decorated .
It is just 30 seconds walk to the beach .
In the area around , there is a lot of both big and small shops and some great restaurants as well . For the price you paying , I think this is as good as get

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank rpsfredrik
Reviewed 8 May 2017

We showed up and we were told the hotel was overbooked and we don't have a room. We reserved the penthouse and called a few days earlier to inquire if a third person can be accomodated. The hotel responded that this is possible. They mentioned that we may not get the penthouse howeve it is guaranteed we will have a suite.
This was not the case. Along with us there were at least another 10 people who were told the same story "sorry, there was a glitch with expedia, booking, hotels.com, etc. The hotel staff said it is not their problem and we need to contact booking.com.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family