“Great Hotel”
Review of Grand Beach Hotel

Grand Beach Hotel
Ranked #67 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This is a great hotel to stay a in Miami. If your looking for space you will definitely get in this hotel. we stayed in the penthouse and it fit five us and we all very comfortable. It is in a nice are of South Beach. the only bad thing is it far from the action but the hotel has plenty of cabs on call.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at the penthouse in the Grand Beach Hotel in March for 3 nights for the Cirque du Solei Michael Jackson event at AAA. I had a fabulous time at the event and my stay at the hotel was grand.
Everyone at the hotel was courteous and extremely accomodating. I requested no room service which I assume must be unusual because the staff appeared susprised but honored my request and when I did need an extra item they were happy to comply. Room service for the last night was timely and the pizza was good and hot. My room was very clean and I had an ocean and canal view which was actually more interesting and the night lights were nicer than a dark ocean; being from Pensacola need I say more. I enjoyed staying in the mid-beach area vs south beach; more relaxing, more local residents/old money. I did use Miami.com limo service which made for a care free time cruising around Miami; they were also fabulous and I did not have to pay for parking and spend all my time looking for parking around town. I will definately stay at the "Grand" again and use Miami.com limo service again. Also. Hakasan Resturant in the Fountainbleau had the best food and ambiance in town. The outdoor resturant at The Setai had the best cocktail; Grey Goose with pressed fresh watermelon juice. Bon Voyage

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Billie D
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed for a week and we found the rooms great, the service efficient, the food average, the location, wonderful to enjoy the beach.We stayed in March and the weather was marvelous. I wish we had a microwave in the suites.

Room Tip: The ocean front have a beautiful view but they cost more. They have a good size balcony. They have t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The family and I stayed for a week during break. We had a great time in Miami and Grand Beach Hotel was a big part of the reason why. The hotel is right on the beach and it's section of beach is very nice. Their beach is wider than other areas and uncrowded as the adjacent properties are not as busy. The hotel will set up chairs and umbrellas for $10 and bring you lunch from the restaurant while you relax. The setup is very European versus American. You can bill everything to your room so there is no need to worry about carrying cash - besides small bills to tip. The rooms are spacious and the decor is modern cream and white. I don't know how they keep everything so white. The finishes in the rooms are luxurious with stone and marble bathrooms and comfortable beds. They didn't provide conditioner, which is a minor issue and I'm sure most people bring their own stuff anyway, but it would have been nice to have. The rooms really are just like the pictures. We had two baths in our room, one with tub and another with shower, so cleaning up after the beach was convenient for everyone. The pool area is great, surrounded by palm tree landscaping and right next to the beach. There are two saline pools and two hot-tubs. Other permium properties on the beach appear to charge literally 2-3x more, but couldn't offer anything meaningfully better. I guess those looking for a Vegas experience are willing to pay more to sit beside swimming pools and gawk, but the kids and I actually get in the pool and go out into the water on the beach and Grand Beach really was great for both. The restaurant was consistent, met expectations and the prices were reasonable. You pay extra for parking but I generally didn't feel like the hotel nickel and dimes you to death with extra charges. All the people who work a the hotel were very nice.

Room Tip: A tradeoff with the standard rooms is that closer to the middle of the building they have wider balc...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jlee17
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is a great Hotel, Clean style and large and very confortables rooms. we really enjoyed our staying there in March 2012. I really recommend this hotel for copules or families

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6.1 km away
Marriott Stanton South Beach
Marriott Stanton South Beach
#23 of 212 in Miami Beach

Been to Grand Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!