“Unsafe, horrible customer service, A SCAM”
Review of The Park Central

The Park Central
Ranked #136 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 26 September 2015

I was part of a corporate group 2 night stay at this hotel last September and had one of the most horrible & unfortunate hotel stays in my entire life- and that is inclusive of zero star hotels in third-world countries.

I could really write ten pages on what went wrong here, but it just comes from poor management. The room we stayed in was dirty, plumbing was off, safe didn't work. Male workers constantly hissed and hollered at me when I was walking towards the elevator, or exiting the hotel (mind you I was not at all dressed provocatively) and a housekeeper blasted super loud spanish music at 7am while cleaning the room next to us. I found this out when I called the front desk (which never, I mean NEVER answers the phone), and they told me there wasnt a guest staying in there but rather it was the housekeeper "who always does that" and laughed. I actually got out of bed and went next door, and surely it was the housekeeper who also had a very nasty attitude, and was bothered by me asking her to lower the volume. Honestly, the list goes on, but here is the cherry topper:

We check out, leave our luggage to be retrieved after breakfast. This bellman takes my luggage and a plastic bag with my clothes to change in for the airport (it was snowing in NYC so i planned to change into sneakers) and checks it in (but not before tossing my expensive Celine handbag on the floor -- remarking, "its only gonna end up on the floor anyway, once its in storage") Nice.

So I come back to get my stuff and leave this hell hole, only to discover i've been robbed. My sneakers, my $1,700 Balenciaga silk pants, and other articles of clothing were stolen. No searching, no apologizing.. just blank stares and then nods, and a "sorry but not sorry" attitude when I asked them where my bag was. I had a plane to catch so I left and followed up with the hotel manager, who at the time, was really apologetic and offered to conduct a thorough investigation and offer full reimbursement for my items. I call him back to check the status like three days later, and he's gone. He quit or got fired I guess.

Fast forward-- new manager--Ralph Reveron. He might as well have been a correctional officer with the attitude he had. He made me feel guilty for even complaining. I get it, maybe most men don't understand the value of a coveted piece of fashion history, but all I cared about were those pants. They were irreplaceable. Ralph made me conduct a police investigation-- which i sure as hell did. I had a high ranking detective investigate and provided Ralph and the hotel this police report- which he assured me was enough to grant me a reimbursement for the theft. I have called and emailed Ralph and the hotel for months on end. Nothing. No more responses, no call back.

This GM was probably the biggest disappointment in all of this. As a leader, his failure to act, follow through with his promise, and rectify a very unfortunate experience shows that he is ill-fit to be a hotel manager. Do yourself a favor, and DON'T STAY HERE~

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Period.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank lilygashi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

This hotel is great! It's reasonable priced and the location is excellent! Take no notice of the other reviews because I've been staying here many years now and it's great. Ok, it could do with some renovation, but it is an art deco hotel!!! Beautiful ocean view.

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed 21 June 2015

Old and musty rooms. We stayed here during our Miami - Key west trip. The only plus point of this hotel is its location. You could walk to the beach from this hotel in a couple of minutes.Beware, they hold a deposit of $28 for the room keys and unfortunately they don't remind you to hand over the keys to checkout, probably to get away with the money. The hallways are dark, humid, and smell kind of musty. For more than $250 a night, it's definitely way overpriced for the quality. A renovation would certainly help, but I don't think the management is there yet. Would never comeback again.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pjreddy
Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

This hotel is stunning art deco.best hotel iv ever stayed . everything u could want an more. They provided lovely soft bath robes.soft luxury towels.even have towels provided to use for beach.best sleep ever bed was like lying on a bed of feathers.i would highly recommend this hotel.even thou its in a busy place I was pleasantly suprised hotel was quite so no disturbance. They even left papers outside your door in morning's. We stayed here 09.for three nights.i was so disappointed when we had to leave.we eat breakfast just beside hotel outside hotel entrance which was part of package and it was really lovely. Iv stayed in few places in miami but none lived up to this hotel.so next time im in miami this is were il be staying. Pool was good also.but u have beach straight across the street.couldnt ask for anything better .hotel made or holiday complete. Thank u for a wonderful stay.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2015

i have previously reviewed this hotel, stayed December 2014, since I returned home I discovered my credit card had been cloned , the only place I used the card in question was paying for valet parking at this hotel. I was sat in a restaurant back home in the UK when my bank called and asked if I was still in Miami as someone had tried to use my card twice within the last 20 minutes trying to spend in excess of £500 ( $760 approx)
I emailed the hotel manager explaining this and have had NO reply in months.
BE CAREFUL USING CREDIT CARDS AT THIS HOTEL