“Authentic Indian food - reasonable prices”

Taste Buds of India
Reserve with OpenTable
Taste Buds of India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #388 of 1,116 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Reviewed 26 March 2017

We had a "for 2" Groupon DINNER Coupon: I had Shrimp Masala and my husband had Shrimp Vindaloo. Each came with 7 jumbo shrimp which were tender and juicy served in an exquisite "Hot Indian spiced" sauce: the Masala had ginger, garlic, tomato, onion curry sauce and the Vindaloo had potato, tomato, onion curry sauce with a touch of vinegar. Although our upper lips broke out in a sweat, we ate every bit; dishing it over a large portion of rice. And even though we had a $30 coupon and I only drank water, our waiter was attentive and very pleasant. We will definitely go back again since we live on the Beach. The dining area is not big but nicely decorated. I enjoyed the Indian music which was low enough for you to hear your dinner partner's conversation. I am not Indian; but did see two tables, one with 4 Indian men and another with an Indian couple all of whom also seemed to be enjoying interesting looking authentic dishes. In all, we had a very enjoyable experience and am writing my first review related to a Groupon purchased dinner.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I have been there twice with my husband already, for lunch during wknd days. Good Indian food selection for all tastes and good ingredients.

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Would come back any time. Outstanding service, good food! They even went to the supermarket to but broccoli for our daughter. It was not cheap but the food was worth it. We had a groupon.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Today we visited this restaurant. Clean and quiet. It is quite pricey and food that you get is very little. On top of the high price they add 18% tip and when you get the bill they expect you to pay tip on top which was very annoying. I would not recommend going there with family. I know how much East Indian food cost and I understand they it's a business but adding 18% in tips on top of high prices it's just robbing ppl. Either increase the portion size or lower the prices and stop charging 18% tips . Tip should be based on customer not force them to pay and then ask for more tips. I wouldn't go there again.

Reviewed 25 December 2016

Service: The staff seems untrained for the jobs. The entire time we were there, they kept fiddling with different Youtube videos playing on the 2 TV screens. If one of the staff did not like the video, they would change it midway. Kept adjusting volume as well. Very distracting and annoying. Lol. It was like they were kids and fighting for who gets to watch what on the TV in their living room. One of the staff member struts around with his shirt buttons OPEN, really? When we walked in, some service staff were sitting and pressing and folding a stack of dinner clothes right there on one of the tables. We get it, you are too busy to setup your restaurant before Opening time. Thanks. There were only 2-3 tables occupied and we still had to wait for the staff to attend to us during their breaks from chatting among themselves in a huddle.

Food: We ordered Chicken Biryani, and the chicken was too dry, (probably not marinated properly), under-cooked and the pieces too big to be in a biryani. Other stuff we ordered was decent. The carrot dessert we ordered tasted like carrot sabji. Yikes.

Finally as if to say good night in their style, they made a mistake in our bill which delayed our awaited exit a little more.