24 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official HotelUS$451
Booking.comUS$451
Hotels.comUS$451
TripadvisorUS$451
Trip.comUS$457
FindHotelUS$466
All reviews rooftop bar la huella bedroom residence guest experience brickell area amazing hotel corner room pool area hotel guests modern hotel checking in valet parking balcony elevator floor georgios slippers
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 February 2021

We stayed here last year for 1 night simply to try it out--the marketing of this hotel really is first class, its a pity that the hotel does not come anywhere close to the "sexy" marketing in our opinion.

Pros;
Location--Its connected to Brickell shopping centre.

Look--Lovely looking.

Roof Top Bar

Cons.

Service is non existent--reading the other reviews on this site Management have done nothing to remedy this.

Poolside service is dreadful with no attention to detail. We watched several members of staff just talking and laughing with each other as guests were trying to get their attention.

Rooms--to high tech with touch pad controls that do not work. Also very dark.

Food--once we finally did get service pool side food is cold and inedible.
We went to a restaurant in the shopping centre for dinner and breakfast after that.

Check in / out--we were overcharged by approx $200 which took about 2 weeks to get refunded back.

Not allowed to take photos--I was chased through a restaurant by a member of staff for taking a picture of the restaurant with my son in it. Completely bizarre.

Overall--not great at all--it seems that whilst trying to concentrate on being cool they have completely forgotten or do not know what it takes to run a successful hotel.
The management here simply do not seem to have the ability to train their staff and run a tight ship in my opinion.

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank lars198122
Georgios A, Guest Services / Front Office at EAST Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2021

Thank you for choosing us to be part of your Miami experience. We truly appreciate your honest feedback commenting on our central location, good design, as well as the unfortunate instances with less-than-optimal service poolside, quality of food served and not being allowed to take family pictures within our restaurant.
We apologize for what transpired and we are utilizing your feedback in order to take a closer look and improve these aspects.
Allow us to clarify on a couple of points raised:
Our guests are certainly allowed to take pictures within our property, if they are not with professional equipment, nor interfering with the operation or other guests, and are intended as personal mementos.
Regarding the funds authorized, this is a standard process for all hotels to authorize additional funds for incidentals, which are then released from the hotel-side upon guest departure. Due to how the financial system is setup, the funds are reflected on credit cards after 1 week and on debit cards after 2 weeks on US based cards, and longer for international cards.
We would appreciate being given the opportunity in the future to welcome you back and oversee your stay to ensure an optimal experience. We invite you to reach out to our Guest Experience Management team at guestexperience@east-miami.com and we would be honored to coordinate a future stay.

Reviewed 16 February 2021

I would not recommend this hotel for several reasons. I booked it at Miami Airport using my phone ostensibly at a rate of $329 on Booking.Com, however, that website sneakily rescheduled the stay to one week later because there was no availability. It was mid evening, and I made my way there using Uber (a great gamechanger company) only to find out my misfortune. The hotel reception told me that everything around was booked out for Valentines day but that they could offer me a disabled room at a rate of ~$450. In desperation I agreed to pay that thinking 'hey' it was after all a Luxuy hotel. It is not! And, the standards don't meet that level of quality. The most gross aspect was drying myself off only to find the towels were stained with feces or blood as you can see in the photo. Another factor that annoyed me was the near total disreagard for COVID precautions, for example, there are no hand sanitizers, and staff don't care about the risk of using iPads etc.
All in all a very poor and overpriced hotel.

Room tip: Find a better hotel
Date of stay: February 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank StuckInMiamiTooLong
Georgios A, Guest Services / Front Office at EAST Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2021

We appreciate your honest feedback on your recent experience during the sold out Valentines Day / President’s Day weekend. Indeed every property in Miami had been sold out for days prior. We do take Covid standards very seriously and have hand sanitizing stations across our lobby for our guests, sanitize common areas frequently as well as use PPE across our own teams with masks and sanitizing liquid behind all our stations. We place fresh clean towels in each room as well as thoroughly sanitize it prior to every checkin. We are carefully investigating the incident regarding the towel to discover what transpired and for which we truly and deeply apologize.
We would love the opportunity to discuss in private with you and attempt to make it right. Our management team would be grateful to be contacted by you at guestexperience@east-miami.com

Reviewed 14 February 2021

I’m extremely dissatisfied and outraged about my stay. I decided to stay for a whole week and it was the worst decision of my life. I should of listened to the reviews people made stating that this hotel is money hungry and makes up false charges upon checking out and keeps people’s deposit. They said the deposit was $150 a night but charged me way over the $1050 for 7 nights and kept it all. I’ve been to Miami well over 10 times and will NEVER SUGGEST THIS HOTEL TO ANYBODY. on top of that the elevator closed on us multiple times during our stay like literally closed on our arms and torsos so clearly the motion sensor on the elevator doesn’t work. The pools and hot tubs are also way smaller than pictured online. Hotel staff is very rude and I don’t think I could say anything positive about this hotel.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank laurenpratt27
Georgios A, Guest Services / Front Office at EAST Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

Thank you for your elaborate review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Our management has already been discussing your grievances this morning. We have not kept any amount from your initial authorization other than the incidental charges you did incur, as we would never withhold any remaining unused amount from any guest. In a few days your financial institution will reflect the released amount on your balance. We are thoroughly reviewing your grievances pertaining to the elevators (that are set to close their doors if kept open for a prolonged time) and our staff, with the outmost focus, in order to keep striving towards continuous improvement of our services and teams.

Reviewed 6 February 2021 via mobile

We stayed there for 9 days in late January. Loved the suite (touch noisy with construction across the street). Gracious people at desk and breakfast bar in lobby managed by nice people. Convenient to all in Brickell. Main Resturant is so/so. When I told the waitress at check time the lobster is my lobster salad was very tough and seemed old, she smiled and left. BUT the big problem is finding anyone to help with the luggage. Our exit was the worst .. I went to get a rental car. My wife had to call 4x and finally started screaming to get someone to come to the room. No exaggeration- it took 1 hr. In the interim the parking guy made me move the car 3x. The 4th time he went to get Security - who never came. Checking in was same issues but not as long to wait. Front desk people kept saying they had no one to take the luggage.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Philip M
Georgios Atzemouglou, Guest Services / Front Office at EAST Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2021

We appreciate your preference to stay with us and your elaborate review. We are appreciative to hear on the positive aspects of the stay and are studying very carefully your comments on the areas that were impacted and in need of improvement, so we can implement changes. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed 5 January 2021

Stayed here for 5 nights for NYE. Very sleek, beautifully designed hotel and the room was clean. I assume the hotel was busy with the holidays so may not have been the best time to stay. The elevators took over 10 minutes to arrive to go up or down to the room. We made a request for ice the first day getting in as there are no ice machines available (may be due to COVID but not sure) and ice was never sent to the room after we called the front desk 3 times. Due to the long wait times at the elevator going to the front desk or restaurant for ice was a bit time consuming. Was unable to get to the pool on New Years Day due to capacity restrictions so I’d recommend getting there on the earlier side to get a spot. Although I was disappointed I couldn’t get to the pool I appreciate the hotel respecting guidelines. We didn’t have conditioner in the dispenser, no robes in the room, no speaker or Bluetooth connect available, and it generally took longer than expected to fulfill a request. The restaurant was great and we had good service there. Just slightly disappointed with the service in other aspects.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank Jordanlorainee
Georgios Atzemouglou, Guest Services / Front Office at EAST Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

We appreciate your preference to stay with us during NYE and your elaborate review. We are appreciative to hear on the positive aspects of the stay and are studying very carefully your comments on the areas that were impacted and in need of improvement, so we can implement changes.
Please accept our sincere apologies!
We are studying where our guests were impacted during these unprecedented times where our property and teams adjust and convert operations due to the new pandemic realities and required modifications in amenities and service.
We sincerely hope you will prefer us again in the future and allow us a chance to prove that we are worthy of your choice by having acted on the areas of focus that our guests detailed.