All reviews in coconut grove full kitchen washer dryer suite hotel living room within walking distance pool area restaurants and shops university of miami biscayne bay key biscayne higher floor valet parking coral gables miami area per day view of the bay
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

After booking on Expedia and picking a superior room with ocean view, we checked in to be given a room overlooking a car park at the back of the hotel with noisy in window AC unit. When I pointed out what i booked and paid for was “offered” an upgrade to an Ocean view room for an additional $30.00 a night! After some discussion with management they agreed to waive the fee. Thank you.

Pros, : comfy bed bed, good shower, suite style room with kitchen and separate living room. Good location for exploring the area. Con’s a little tired , room not that clean(hairs on the couch and bed -yuck!)

Charged for local phone calls (who still does that ?!), went to use the PC/printer to print off a couple of forms, presented with a charge for 15 minutes use of the PC and $1.29 for each page printed! Really ? come on guys are you in the hotel/service business or in the kinko office business?

Would we stay again or recommend? Probably not and a definite no if on business.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Karel P, Front Office Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Grahambda,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Mutiny Hotel and taking the time to write a very detailed review of your experience.

I am sorry to learn that your stay was not up to the standards of service we strive to provide to all our guests. Your feedback is very important to us. We will review your survey response with the correct team leader so that during your next stay you will not have the same experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel for any assistance regarding your most recent stay or for a future reservation. Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Mutiny Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Leon went above and beyond to make us comfortable at the pool. The Sonesta pool was closed for renovations so we had use of the pool at Mutiny. From towels to cold washcloths to arranging for lunch it the service was exceptional.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Karel P, Front Office Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Dear Zoeroo,

It is rewarding to know you encountered the quality and service we have to offer, enhanced by our property’s convenient location and accommodations.

We look forward to welcoming you again once your travels bring you back to the Miami area.I will personally share your comments with the team and celebrate another satisfied guest.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance and I look forward to your return to the Mutiny Hotel in the near future.

See you next time!
Karel P

Reviewed 21 September 2018

The Mutiny is opposite a nice harbor and is approx a $35-$40 ride by Uber to downtown Miami / Miami Beach.Lots of restaurants near-by in Coconut Grove and wish we'd had more time to try them out. We didn't eat at the hotel as we found the menu had little choice. We used the bar a couple of times, bar staff were friendly but we had to wait too long. Plus we felt some didn't really know what they were doing - more training needed.

The hotel has permanent residents, I found this out when I complained about someone leaving their tv on loud all night, Few problems with the apartment (which overall was very good). The sofa bed was awful and the sharp edges cut my son's thigh quit deeply. I reported it to reception and in fairness they tried there best to file it down but this was still unsatisfactory, So my son slept on the cushions on the floor, which he said was far more comfortable than the actual sofa bed.The apartment was well furnished & the kitchen contained dishwasher, fridge freezer, coffee machine, There was also a washer dryer by the front door. also a walk in wardrobe.

The pool was nice and the jacuzzi was lovely and hot. I do have to mention that my eldest son stood on 2 upright nails, on the outside wooden shower, which left him with a very sore foot. I reported it to reception and they said they would deal with it immediately. We left a couple of hours later but I trust that they dealt with the issue.

One name that stands out and is worthy of a mention is Carlos. Found him really friendly, helpful and wealth of local knowledge. We would return again but would try and get a higher floor for the views.

Room Tip: Coconut Grove is great for restaurants.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Vic227

Dear Vic227,

Thank you so much for completing this very detailed review. We believe feedback is very important and it gives us the opportunity to enhance the guest experience. I will acknowledge the good with the team and address the concerns you mentioned with the correct team leader.

I would appresiate it if you can reach out to me and give me more details about the room you were staying in.

Again thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write a review.

kperez@mutinyhotel.com

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent location. Nice pool. Spacious room with a nice view. Friendly staff. Bathrooms could use some updating. Ice maker was broken in refrigerator in the kitchen of my room. Called guest services and ice was brought to my room.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Karel P, Front Office Manager at The Mutiny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear Claire T,

Thank you for your kind words and for giving us a 5 star rating. It sounds like you left with some wonderful memories and that makes us very happy. I will address the concerns you mentioned.

See you next time!
Karel P

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Positives;
Walking distance to Coconut Grove restaurants.
Nice staff
Kitchen in the room
Excellent shower
Clean and nice and bright.

Negatives
Sink sort of small, not enough room for toiletries
No bath tub
No self parking which would be easy for them to have and perhaps offer at a lower rate than the $30 per day.
Televisions and work desk are small in size.

Overall, the 'experience' sort of outweighs the practicals, unless you are there are on business, and in that case, there is not a good working space in the room or the lobby.

Coconut Grove and Miami is sort of an expensive area, so the high price is probably expected.

I am willing to give it four stars because in spite of the lack of creature comforts, the location and nice people who work there overcome some of the negatives.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Columbus321,

Thank you so much for your review. We believe feedback is very important and it gives us the opportunity to enhance the guest experience. I will acknowledge the good with the team and address the concerns you mentioned with the correct team leader.

Again thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write a review.