I was wary to stay at a condo since the units are privately owned, but we had a great time here. It's perfectly located if you want to stay in the grove - in Miami you need a car, but here is a great hotel where you can easily walk to several good restaurants, not-so-bad shopping, theatre, comedy club...etc. The bus stop is also right across the street, which takes you around the grove or to the metro-rail station. We weren't necessarily in Miami as tourists, so I can't say much about access to ease of getting to more touristy locations.
The staff was very friendly, the rooms are operated like a hotel room - it was cleaned each day (later in the afternoon - our preference), and they offered room service and the front desk and doorman was always available.
Our room was very clean - the kitchen and living room are an added bonus to an amazing price we scored. Some of the appliances were a bit dated, but for the price, location, cleanliness and overall comfort of the room and building it was a minor problem.
Because we weren't visiting Miami to stay next to the beach, we didn't opt for the amazing view, but we were pleased anyway, but I guess if you want a better view, do as other posters suggest and ask for a specific view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few destinations can boast such a distinctive and colorful character as Coconut Grove. In the heart of this tropical paradise sits The Mutiny Hotel, a luxurious all-suite property neighboring the pristine waters of Biscayne Bay. A bright swatch of coral set against the intensely blue South Florida sky, the Mutiny's 12-story tower epitomizes the South Florida style; vibrant colors compliment chic accommodations elegantly decorated in a modern-lavish motif. Long a playground for the elite, The Grove - as it is known by locals - is also a second home to many celebrities, artists, and jetsetters. Its entertainment and shopping district reflects the quirky-yet-sophisticated nature of its residents, and visitors can find everything from haute couture to haughty kitsch in the many shops at CocoWalk, steps from The Mutiny's front door. After all, where else can you see stars in broad daylight, dance through an island festival, and enjoy dinner at a funky cafe? Only at The Mutiny. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Mutiny Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mutiny Hotel Coconut Grove
- The Mutiny Hotel Miami, Florida