6 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$114
Hotels.comUS$114
travelup.comUS$142
2,545 results
All reviews front desk free shuttle shuttle service lobby cruise mia housekeeper uber proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2021 via mobile

First of all if I gave this hotel 2 stars its ONLY because of the bartender whose name I forgot (Victor or Vincent maybe?) he although was not at the bar initially was outstanding in service.
So I tried calling the hotel many times at the airport to ask about the shuttle but no one ever answered that phone. I waited an hour outside the airport with my children before I decided to call an uber. It was in the uber when I decided to check the website once more and saw that there was no shuttle and that I would be reimbursed for my car to the hotel. Ok I overlooked that but still shouldn’t someone answer the phone!? I arrive and there is no one at the front desk then a girl appears from the back office. I asked about the phones she had no clue why no one answered just shrugged. I check in with my kids and the room looked decent. My son walks over to the balcony and there was someones underwear drying. I thought since we are in a pandemic that there would be a cleanliness protocol in place but I guess not. We also found a cigar wrapper on the floor. We went downstairs to eat and there was no one to be found. After 5 minutes I decided to ask the front desk if anyone was coming and she said yes just wait. I waited another 3 mins and seeing as more ppl were arriving I took it upon myself to look for someone seeing as the young lady at the desk wasn’t going to do it. I found the guy who was attending the bar / food and he was very nice and alone so he was backed up with food and drinks. He was also attending the pool. This poor guy was just trying to get everything done as fast as he could. I gave him my order and he gave me everything in a timely fashion. Kudos to him for being good at what he does. I checked out the next day sent my receipt for my cab reimbursement and I have gotten no response. A week later I attempted to call got through miraculously and asked about the receipt they claimed no one knew. I was asked to email it again to the same email and no response. I tried to call again and no one answers. This hotel lacks customer service badly. The front desk is very snobby (when I initially called to confirm my reservation the agent was very combative and rude) and the fact that NO ONE answers that phone frustrates me!!!!! Im in the industry and nothing grinds me gears more than poor service. I would never return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tasha1228
Patrick Mahoney, Guest Services / Front Office at Regency Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Tasha1228,

I am so sorry to hear we did not live up to your expectations, nor the expectations we set for ourselves. It is unfortunate that we left a poor impression with your stay, and a member of our management team will be reaching out to ensure we make things right with you.

Your compliments have been passed on to the bartender. We know he works tirelessly to provide excellent service to all of our guests, and he was thrilled to hear what you had to say about him.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Yours Truly in Hospitality,
Patrick M.
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 13 March 2021

The Lobby was the only decent room in this hotel and the name, we arrived at the hotel a little after 1:30 am had a reservation for 3 persons, we called hours before to let them know that our flight will arrive late of that day, Reception personal apologized to us that they are out of rooms for 3 persons in that night instead she accommodate us with 2 rooms which were just fine. room 429 and Room 430, and she promised that they will correct this the next day, everything is fine. but the elevator the roomes rooms were filthy and heavy odors recked, it was a very degraded place to carry the name Regency, 2nd day we made our move to room 335 I will not stay in a dumb like that, we should have found motel 6 would be a better choice 100%, we noticed that my wife left a nightgown in room 429 in the bathroom, we notified the front desk and we did not think that will be a problem of getting the dress back, but after several tries, during our stay from the 5th through the 8th we noticed that they don't have communications with the staffs to solve small problems, very disappointing, never were able to get the gown back.
one positive thing I have to say front desk workers were very hospitable and nice, they only can take your reservation and tell you where is your room, We had a bad stay at the Regency but a good time in MIAMI.

Room tip: Clean rooms and functional electric outlets are missing in this hotel
Date of stay: March 2021

Dear 104heshama,

First, I would like to thank you for providing feedback on your stay. Without critical feedback, we can certainly never improve. With that said, it pains each and every member of our team to see that your stay was less than perfect. If you are ever in Miami again, we would love nothing more than an opportunity to show you a true Regency quality stay.

Yours Truly in Hospitality,
Patrick M.
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 24 February 2021

I made reservations for a 4 night stay. The worst worst worst. My first room assigned smelled of cigarette smoke. Considering I reserved nonsmoking that was a no no, had 2 working outlets Myself and children had our technology which we needed electricity, and the bathroom door would not let one open from the inside the handle was not fitted properly..someone would have to push it open from the outside. I was then relocated. The next room was horrible.
My next room smelled like someone lived in it, there were no dresser, the bed I had boxspring was broke. The first night of sleep, the bed kept falling between the frame. Upon fixing the next day, I realized the bed was broken. I reported and was told by evening desk clerk she was sending someone up. I stayed up after midnight waiting giving benefit of a doubt. Next day I phoned the afternoon because I heard nothing and a gentleman came up he said he had to replace and would be back. Its after 8pm now. Still broken bed. I did phone desk person earlier to ask when will someone come to replace this bed and she stated she will send someone up. Im waiting. The tile surrounding the pool is all loose and a accident waiting to happen. This is totally unacceptable.I will definately be calling corporate regarding this matter. I DO NOT RECOMMEND WASTING ANY GOOD MONEY AT THIS HOTEL PERIOD!!!!!! If I could it would be no darn stars.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank jackiecV5688QW
Reviewed 20 February 2021 via mobile

First off staff was super friendly and helpful. They printed all our documents we needed to travel internationally. But besides that this hotel is 1.5-2 stars at best. We only stayed one night and that was too long. The only plus is the location to the airport. This hotel is very rundown and needs major updating.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mhackett14
Reviewed 7 February 2021

Nice large room with very comfortable bed. Nice to have fridge and coffee pot... But the staff were bad. I attempted to call the hotel prior to my arrival to ask about the restaurant and shuttle but it took numerous tries to get someone on the phone. I finally emailed them but did not receive a response prior to my arrival. I was told by phone when I finally reached staff that the shuttle was not operating. After my arrival I had an email indicating I would be reimbursed for transportation via Uber or Lyft with a receipt which I did not have as I did not get the email timely. Several receptionist staff did not wear masks. I did not get my wakeup call for the morning I needed to leave for my flight. When I asked about the transportation requested the night before which would be paid by the hotel, the hotel staff was rude as apparently the night staff had not arranged this either. The staff were some of the worst I have ever experienced in a hotel.

Date of stay: January 2021