2 people have started booking this hotel
Free cancellation until 24/04/21
Agoda.comUS$191
PricelineUS$191
TripadvisorUS$172
All reviews pool bar beautiful pool attached restaurant biscayne blvd south beach on site restaurant pool side continental breakfast walk in shower boutique hotel a great stay comfortable beds wynwood robe uber refrigerator cruise
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2021

The hotel's own website probably says it best: "Part style icon, part boutique hotel". Many aspects of the hotel, including the rooms, are thoroughly modern while existing in a 1950s footprint along with several details of that era as well. My room was quite nice and the pool looked inviting although I did not use it.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Denny G
may mallouh, General Manager at Vagabond Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2021

Well Denny, hopefully you will be able to return and lounge by the pool! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 12 January 2021

I stayed at the Vagabond for the first time this week, while visiting relatives and attending a private event at Barry University. The hotel was conveniently located to places in Miami Shores, and had plenty of free parking. We enjoyed the beautiful pool deck and the remodeled, clean rooms. I would change just a couple features of the hotel if I could. The practice of dropping off the key at the main desk and picking it up whenever we came back to the hotel was quite quaint; I had only experienced this in two old European hotels in the past. Also the large frosted windows in the room doors let in too much light. We couldn't darken our room more than a twilight glow due to the lights in the hallway. The smell of the disinfectant spray, although reassuring, was difficult to remove from the room. Nevertheless, I would stay again. We enjoyed an outdoor meal at the Mandolin, the restaurant connected to the hotel, and I would also recommend the bakery one block south on Biscayne Avenue, Flavorish. They serve a good, reasonable, breakfast with freshly squeezed OJ, and they are convenient since the hotel does not serve breakfast during the pandemic.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank LaCrosseLady
may mallouh, General Manager at Vagabond Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2021

We are delighted that you selected the Vagabond for your recent visit to Miami. We are certainly very centrally located and as such makes it easier for our guests to explore all that Miami has to offer. We will be sure to remove the diffuser in the rooms for your next stay, which will hopefully be sooner rather than later!

In terms of the lighting situation, we have black-out shades for the windows and the main doors have a film that blocks most of the hallway light. I am glad you had the opportunity to explore the restaurants in our neighborhood, we have so many good ones and a variety of cuisines.

Stay safe and healthy!

Reviewed 12 January 2021

I stayed with my family at the Vagabond for 14 nights and it was amazing. We occupied two rooms in total. The rooms were so stylish and extremely clean, which was my main concern after safety. The motel feels like a resort with the plants and the beautiful pool and bar. The Vagabond restaurant, Mr. Mandolin, is both delicious and beautifully appointed. They even deliver poolside. The Vagabond is in a cool neighborhood and close to the beach and other parts of Miami. It is walking distance to a bunch of restaurants and shops. My husband used the work office during the week and in all it was a great experience.

Room tip: some windows have rooms that overlook the pool these are less private than the ones that have windows looking out on the street.
Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank RitaL1239

Thank you so very much for the wonderful feedback! We did purchase this iconic motel of the 50's, fully renovated it and reopened it on 2014 as Hotel. We stayed very true to the Mid Century Modern design and architecture and made sure the hotel qualified to be listed in the Historic National Registry.

We look forward to welcoming you and the entire family back to the Vagabond!

Reviewed 15 December 2020

This was my first time ever in Miami where I stayed on the 'main land' as opposed to South Beach and it was a FANTASTIC experience. I in know way knock the lure of the ocean, it's fantastic and south beach is incredible, but I urge you to see more of Miami when you're there.

The Vagabond was a cherished piece of Miami history that we very nearly lost. Luckily a new ownership group swooped in and restored it to brilliance and in the process made it a fantastically situated spot in which to soak in the city on famed Biscayne Blvd. Wether you are outdoors sitting around the immaculately kept poolside area, in your sharply designed and curated room, or on the property at the attached restaurant (Mr Mandolin) you have found a great temporary home. There are INCREDIBLE dining options all around the hotel in every direction, walking distance away.

The Vagabond is a great place to start or end your Miami stay.

Room tip: The Second Floor offers nice views over the pool and garden area at sunset
Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kyle_Andrew_travel

Thank you Kyle for your wonderful review and we are so so delighted that you truly enjoyed your stay and took the opportunity to explore Miami and all the great restaurants in our neighborhood. We take the safety of our guests and employees very seriously and I am glad that you felt very comfortable at the hotel. We certainly look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 26 October 2020

I love this hotel.
So for my first job back in almost 7 months, I knew I wanted to stay at The Vagabond. I had to stay the weekend between projects, and wanted to enjoy the awesome pool. Which I did! The beds were just as comfy and cozy as I remembered, the walk-in shower still a favorite (not a bathtub girl.) Missed my robe, but with Covid, I get it. I was able to walk to several restaurants for dinner pick-up. And took a 2 hour walk in the neighborhoods behind the hotel Saturday morning. They just always make me feel welcome and at home... THANK YOU MAY! You are the best making sure my stay was safe and comfortable. Having a keurig and refrigerator was great. I recommend getting the room with these. Can't wait to visit again!

Room tip: Reduced prices during the re-opening.
Date of stay: October 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 180pjs
may mallouh, General Manager at Vagabond Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2020

It was lovely having you back at the Vagabond Pamela. We take the safety of our guests and employees very seriously and I glad that you felt safe and look forward to your return stay. In terms of the robes, we actually have them at the front desk individually wrapped and available upon request. Sorry I forgot to inform you of this change.

Enjoy the holiday season!