“Lunch there was very good”
Review of Sergio's 40th

Sergio's 40th
Ranked #1,074 of 4,844 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Lunch there last Sunday with Dad and Janet. The restaurant was very full. Lots of waiters and waitresses. They took our order quickly. We all drank water because we are Iced Tea snobs and if the tea is not brewed we don't like it. They only serve Lipton tea out of a gun. I ordered the special lunch chicken with onions and green peppers. Excellent flavor like fajitas with black beans and white rice. I also got the Tostones which were very good. My meal was great. Dad ordered Pork chunks with black beans and white rice. He had the sweet plantains (Maduros). Janet had the Ropa Vieja with black beans, white rice and Tostones (fried green plantains). All in all it was a good meal. It took them forever to come back to pick up our plates and get us the bill. That was the only down side.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Delicious food!

I had a shredded chicken dish, FRESH grilled veggies (NOT THAWED FROM A BAG, heated in a microwave & served!) & black beans.

Appetizer was Cuba Nachos Tabla...black bean hummus was seasoned perfectly.

Even the bread they serve as you wait for your meal was tasty with butter & seasoned parmesan cheese.

My Sweetie had ensalada rusa with her meal. Simple potato salad that was well-balanced; not heavy with mayo like some places.

During our dinner the manager come by the table & asked how we were; nice touch.

This is my first visit and if Sergio's can consistently delivery quality food, I will overlook the inconsistency in service. The servers got a couple of requests wrong. And, they took too long to check back on us throughout the evening. They definitely could be warmer, friendlier.

Despite that, the food was prepared well, seasoned for taste, freshly made & reasonably priced.

We plan to eat here again. I'm rooting for Sergio's; finding a place that serves tasty food on the healthy side at an affordable price is challenging living in South Florida.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Went for breakfast. I got their special with chorizo. The eggs were a bit runny and the cuban toast was hard as a rock. Will not return here for breakfast.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

If you stop by the window for coffee or some pastries you're good if you decide to sit in the restaurant or outside table you going to fell the difference between service. I'm still like the food bad my experiences on the service was not hundred percent. It's a shame because it's a really nice place.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

We can't go to Miami without stopping at a Sergio's at least once.I'm addicted to their chicken soup,which we had.My wife and I also split a cuban sandwich even though we were not even that hungry having eaten lunch only a few hours ago,The service was outstanding as always.

Been to Sergio's 40th? Share your experiences!