“Best Japanese Restaurant”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

I have been around a lot of Japanese restaurants around the world, and this is by far the best there is in Miami. Not only the decoration and ambiance are great, but the food it's just out of this world. Highly recommended Japanese restaurant!

Reviewed 16 February 2016

A friend of mine loves this place so I decided to drop in. They definitely have a good selection of foods you don't often see here in US restaurants. I decided to go for the lunch combo of pork katsu and vegetable tempura which was quite good. I also tried 2 pieces of sushi but was disappointed in the rice as it was cold and without flavor. The fish was good though. There was also no list for the nigiri pieces which is very odd. Definitely want to try some of the other dishes including the noodles and donburi as well as the curry.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Here in Miami, most sushi houses are combination, "Thai-Japanese", with predictable results. Think of the old, "Chinese-American" places. I'm from California, so I suffered for my first year living in Miami - until I found Sushi Ko. This is the real deal. Fresh, sashimi quality fish. Xlnt selection of sake. Plus a full selection of cooked dishes. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

If you don't have major coin for Matsuri restaurant down the block- come here!

The staff here aims to please and will offer to customize orders. The sake is reasonably priced. We had a booth which was fun for our group of 6 people.

We shared the octopus with spicy sauce, which was sliced super thin and was easy to eat.

I had the sushi dinner plate which has the usual players (tuna, salmon, shrimp) - seemed fresh and it came with a delicious side salad.
No complaints - I just wish it was closer to my home!

Reviewed 24 April 2015

I loved my dining experience at Sushi Ko last Saturday. My husband randomly found it online when he did a Google search for good sushi places in Miami just 30 minutes before we went out to eat. We loved the place. It is in a strip mall on Bird Road (40th street). It's just a little inconspicuous place from the outside. However, once we stepped inside I felt like I had stepped into a shop in Japan. It has such an authentic feeling. I have never been to Japan so I don’t really know what a restaurant looks like there but Sushi Ko looks like the inside of what I *imagine* a Japanese restaurant will be like. Everyone was really friendly from the time we sat down to the time we left. My husband ordered Saporo and I ordered a Coke. I was actually really happy about how they serve really tiny round ice cubes with soda. My mom and grandma used to take me to a restaurant when I was younger that had this type of ice so I found even the ice nostalgic! lol We ordered a special dragon roll to share as an appetizer. My husband is the sushi fan, not me, I only eat dragon rolls (tempura shrimp, avocado) and I loved this one. It was so delicious. It was such a refreshing difference compared to the Sushi Maki rolls. It was also better than the shrimp tempura/avocado roll I had at Crave (Village of Merrick Park). You can tell they make sushi authentic here, all the way down to the rice. Next my husband ordered two raw rolls and I ordered the curry with white rice and chicken katsu. O M G! OMG OMG OMG! I have never tasted something so delicious. It came out hot and steaming and it was so fresh and so good. Everything from the rice to the chicken katsu was perfection. It was such a satisfying and delicious meal. The portion was really generous. The curry was not super spicy, just right. My husband who got salmon rolls (including this one roll that doesn’t have rice) loved his sushi as well. To finish off we got the tempura cheesecake. I’ve never seen tempura cheesecake on the menu anywhere else and my husband says it’s rare to see. That flipping tempura cheesecake with vanilla ice cream on the side was flipping perfection! It tasted so amazing! I came out of there stuffed and more than satisfied. I don’t really write reviews about places in my hometown. This is actually my first one. I just had to come here and share my experience and give some props to this amazing restaurant. My husband and I are going back this Saturday! I need to have the amazing meal one more time.

Been to Sushi Ko Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!