“To Evacuate or To Stay - that is the question”
Review of Conrad Miami

Conrad Miami
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 30 July 2017

My peace of mind about staying in a high-rise building was completely shattered after my experience at the Conrad hotel - downtown Miami. We had a 3 day stay there, for a bit of R & R, but it turned out to be closer to a bit of SOS. On the second morning, around 5 am, when the alarm system sounded about 1 minute after a voice from the ceiling awoke us telling us the alarm we'd just heard was a false one (we hadn't heard an alarm yet), I strongly questioned what to do, and even how to get out of the hotel (which has it's lobby on the 25th floor and requires a change of elevators to get to the rooms). After the alarm continued to sound, my husband and I went and banged on my sister and her husbands door insisting they join us on the 23 floor stairway descent to the street. On the third morning at about 3:48 am, when a loud horn noise went off, I simply laid awake for the next hour and a half, waiting, until the alarm finally went off again! Again, the loud voice from the ceiling announced a false alarm, way too prematurely for my tastes! My confidence was decreased further about the shift of blame to a building management company. Apparently, the hotel does not have any responsibility for my safety.

PS - the general staff was very courteous, and I felt sorry for them under the circumstances. Also, my room rate was lowered after the first occurrence. However, the second time was a deal breaker for me.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel ...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Allison H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,288)

Reviewed 29 July 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Conrad Miami for the weekend to attend a friend's daughter's wedding. Location was fantastic--walking distance to great restaurants/bars and shopping center. Spa and gym was excellent. Views of Biscayne and Miami Beach were beautiful. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2017

My husband and I just returned from a wonderful stay at the Conrad. We were greeted by Jonathan and Luis, both of who were extremely friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The hotel's customer service is top of the line, bar none, but there are plenty of other perks to boot. The hotel boasts incredible views of the city and bay from the moment you check in on the 25th floor, where there is also a bar/cafe and balcony overlooking Biscayne Bay. Our suite was spacious, clean, and well appointed, with panoramic windows highlighting the city's beauty. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you plan on going anywhere, pay the extra to valet. You'll be charged $30 each time you leave...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Thank you for a lovely stay. The room was so large, you can get most of your Fitbit steps in. A great view of Miami complimented with service that rocks your world. Many choices for awesome foodie places and entertainment. We will be staying again. Everyone was so helpful. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2017

This would have been a 5 star experience if there had been comfortable beds in the rooms. The breakfast was very good but pricey. Nice location with awesome common areas. The staff was extremely friendly and efficient

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business